Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Member Array

Joining the club. Asus please change the adjustable limit to at least 90°C.

I was irritated by this low limit from Z170 onwards and now on XI Gene and Z390 Strix-F it's still the same. Really needs to be adjusted, I see no harm.
    And @Silent Scone: You arguments/explanations are just plainly wrong in my experience, at least now. Might be that in the past 75°C was an ok'ish limit, but it's definitvely not anymore. On Coffee Lake it looks like Fan control is following PECI temp, which is always _very_ close to the reported CPU package temp. And 75°C is nothing for that.
    It just has to be acknowledged, no problem, and I'm sure we'll all thank you very much. Thanks!

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

I'm a bit confused about the problem here.

Am I the only one that has no problem simply checking the Critical Temperature box and setting curve however I want it?

A pic of CPU Fan control is below. I changed the name to RYUJIN Pump as that is what I run off the CPU header. But in any case I can control this header and my case fan headers any way I want by clicking critical temperature box and changing the curve. I've set full fans to not engage until 95 in this example.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fan expert temp.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	79533

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    I'm a bit confused about the problem here.
    Am I the only one that has no problem simply checking the Critical Temperature box and setting curve however I want it?
    It's just about the UEFI fan control "application", not some Asus Windows software. Possible that it can be set there, but many don't bother with installing this kind of software, at least I don't.
    Edit: And why not make it available in UEFI also, if the Windows software can do it? Seems like some arbitary, absolutely unnecessary limitation without any reasoning.
    Last edited by vvoid; 03-15-2019 at 08:04 PM.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

Quote Originally Posted by vvoid View Post
    It's just about the UEFI fan control "application", not some Asus Windows software. Possible that it can be set there, but many don't bother with installing this kind of software, at least I don't.

So you don't want to be "bothered" by the solution. Understood. Carry on.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    So you don't want to be "bothered" by the solution. Understood. Carry on.
    Sorry? With solution you mean Asus Windows software?
    That's just a workaround really and as said, why not also make it available directly in UEFI? I don't understand what the problem is...

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have a similar issue to the OP. For whatever reason, my chassis fan 2 header starts spiraling out of control towards max speed as soon as its top temp threshold is reached. This, regardless of what I have the max speed set to in the BIOS. For example, right now I have it set to max out at 60% at 70C. It does that, but as soon as its temperature source starts to go past 70C by even 1 or 2 degrees the RPM shoots up to 100% in a few seconds and stays there until it drops below 70C. Same behavior when I have it set to 75C or whatever, and it's just that header doing it for some reason. It's not the fan or cable or anything because I've plugged other PWM fans into the same header and the behavior is unchanged.

I have a Maximus XI Hero Wifi running the most recent BIOS, and it didn't always do this. The fans ran fine for months, possibly until I applied one of the more recent BIOS revisions earlier this year. I can't pinpoint the exact time unfortunately.

Anyways, I'm now resorting to buying a Commander Pro and running all my chassis fans through that instead so I actually have control over them via Link or icue (which seems to run reliably with my AIO fans). This also eliminates the limitation of the low temp caps and only 3 speed points in the Q-Fan control in the BIOS. Rewiring it all will be a giant PITA though.
    Last edited by tostitobandito; 06-11-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4