cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751j blinking orange battery light?? DVD drive? Graphics card??

jehamann
Level 7
I think my battery is toast. The battery light is blinking orange like my laptop is about to die even though its showing a 85% charge. Having the charger plugged does not change the %85 charge. I was also wondering if it would be hard to swap a blu ray drive for the broken dvd one that came with my laptop. The SATA connection should be the same, right? Last but not least I was wondering if I could upgrade my graphics card. I was told that these type of laptops use express graphics cards instead of embedded gpu's.

Thanks!
Chris
8 REPLIES 8

D_Pain
Level 9
I've been also having this issue. I I suspect its the battery issue. After unplugging the charger, my laptop (G751JT-CH71) suddenly turned off and he battery was on 10%. Even fully charging it, it only goes up to around 84~85%....
I was looking at Amazon to buy a replace battery (since I know how to disassemble the laptop), I have not ordered yet because I want to look if other people had the same issue.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JG76VIW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A23GARHPQF0H...

MarkyPoo
Level 7
Same thing is happening to my g751jl. It's been about a week now, battery is toast for sure. No way I'm spending all that money to replace it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange thing just happend to me. I decided to leave my laptop on without charging and it lasted for awhile and died. Come this morning, I plug the charger in and it seems to work! 🙂 I'm not sure if it was a glitch, but I was prepared to replace the battery. Maybe a moderator/ someone who knows a few things about these laptops could share more info on the subject. In addition, I ended up buying another charger thinking mine was dead, I used it to power on my laptop before I had identified that the orange blinking light was not going away.

MarkyPoo
Level 7
Now my computer won't stay on for even 1 min before it goes to sleep, this is while plugged in!!!! Ugh useless now

MarkyPoo
Level 7
After talking with asus support and trying what they said with no luck I am going to tear abart the computer to disconnect the battery. I hope this works because I do not want to spend $65 on a new battery

MarkyPoo
Level 7
Disconnected battery, all good now!!!

D_Pain
Level 9
Yeah I have fixed the issue as well. I am not 100% sure what the problem was for me, but I've ordered a battery on amazon and replaced it with the one I had.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JG76VIW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Maybe it wasn't the battery issue as I noticed that the pins on the motherboard that are connected to the battery wire were slightly bent. Maybe some shock might have caused it to get bent?

I slightly bent it back to where it should go to and replaced my battery and now my battery goes back up to 100%.
Problem all fixed!

D_Pain
Level 9
Yeah I have fixed the issue as well. I am not 100% sure what the problem was for me, but I've ordered a battery on amazon and replaced it with the one I had.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JG76VIW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Maybe it wasn't the battery issue as I noticed the the pins on the motherboard that are connected to the battery wire was slightly bent. Maybe some shock might have caused it to get bent?

I slightly bent it back to where it should go to and replaced my battery and now my battery goes back up to 100%.
Problem all fixed!