cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUN IX Hero stopped booting, code 00

Beeeeaaaars
Level 7
After working perfectly for a week, my PC will now not boot at all, not even to the BIOS. When the PSU is on the motherboard's aura sync lights come on, but when I try to boot the computer nothing happens. The motherboard (Maximus IX Hero) gives a code 00, which the manual says is unassigned. None of the indicators show anything being wrong. I've tried removing the ram, testing only one stick at a time, clearing CMOS, starting in safe mode, starting with the slow switch on and off, and every combination of trying to boot with/without the graphics card, ram combinations, safe mode, etc. I have hard reset the power several times, and even tried several outlets. If the lights didn't come on I would think the thing was bricked.

These are the parts I've used. There shouldn't be any incompatibilities, and the thing ran the Witcher 3 at max settings on a 4k screen for a week with no issues until it just stopped turning on.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sRjgcc

CPU: Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus - MAXIMUS IX HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: Corsair - Force MP500 240GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB OC Edition STRIX GAMING Video Card
Case: Corsair - Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: SeaSonic - 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

I really have no idea what's going on with this and any help would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

FuryA
Level 8
hi
Error code 00, if done clean CMOS./replug the memory modules , it still not boot at all,
Please contact the Service center for RMA service in local

I have done all of those, thanks for the help

Chino
Level 15
Have you tried loosening the screws for your heatsink a little or inspecting the CPU socket for any bent pins?