cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TridentZ F4-3200C16-8GTZB memory OC

CanalPC
Level 7
Hi guys, I'm new here. Nice to meet you. I'm from Brazil and I'm sorry for bad English (my native language is Portuguese).

So let's talk about memory.

I tested some BIOS with my C6h and R7 1700, and the best of all bios for me is 9945 (9943 is also good)
My chip is Hynix H5AN8G8NMFR-TFC, I used thaiphoon's Burner to find out (the link is here: http://www.softnology.biz/files.html
So I've seen, my chip is developed to work at 2666 max freq., But the Gskill can run at 3200 CL16-18-18-38

I can run at 3333mhz with 16-17-17-37 68ohm ram voltage1,475v and soc 1,175

If you have the same chip, the best bios and configuration that I can perform are up.
I hope I contributed.

Waiting for a oficial bios with agesa 1.0.0.6.
26 REPLIES 26

CanalPC
Level 7
Ainda 64 mem test

The Thaiphoon burner info.

I Discovered some problems with 3333mhz configuration and 9945 bios.
After some time, i had some stutterings and drop frames. I tryed up to 80ohm and nothing change.
I flash back the 9943 bios and 3200mhz and runs well.
I`m still testing.

The memory stick is TridentZ F4-3200C16-8GTZB. The Gskill sale these in Kit of 2 or 4 sticks
Code name is TridentZ F4-3200C16D-16GTZB and TridentZ F4-3200C16Q-32GTZB.
For now, the best bios for these memory is 9943.

I hope to help

entropic-remnan
Level 9
Good information. I'm not using your memory but I've had to do a bit of work to get to full speed using the same basic method as you. My experience is here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93472-Get-Corsair-Dominator-CMD16GX4M2B3200C16-Up-to-Speed

With the new parameters in the 994x BIOS and something like Thaiphoon Burner or similar program to read the Intel XMP data, you can really tune up your memory for most memory brands now. Ultimately, the mobo should read those profiles and do that for you, but I'm sure that's coming.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

Nice! What`s your chip manufacture, i think is Hynix too, because the timings is very similar.
Yes, i`m using the timings parametres showed in Thaiphoon Burner.
The easy way to test the memory is running Battlefirld 1 or 4 multiplayer (64 players map). The memory alocated high volume data in those games and show instability when is not OK. (freezing, stuttering and fps drop)
PS the best value for resistence is 68ohm for me.

entropic-remnan
Level 9
No, mine shows as Samsung, ?-die. I kid you not, it actually shows a question mark.

I went to Samsungs website for chip technical data and ran the rest of the chip part number through and there are two versions that match mine and that's "D-die" and "E-die". The only difference is in the final character (either D or E) which is missing from my chips!!!

And by the way, I also just changed to 68.6 ohms and was able to drop my memory voltage down to about 1.47 or so. I had to run it at 1.5 to make the memory work at 1T and "Gear Down" otherwise.

Sometimes, it's "baby steps" isn't it? lol.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

Right. Yes, is a forense work to find the better way to run perfecly hahahaha.
1.48v is a bit of high voltage... Try to change to 1.125 or 1.15v SOC voltage and reduce the dram voltage.

Yes, Sammy have b-die, c, d, e and others...

CanalPC wrote:
Right. Yes, is a forense work to find the better way to run perfecly hahahaha.
1.48v is a bit of high voltage... Try to change to 1.125 or 1.15v SOC voltage and reduce the dram voltage.

Yes, Sammy have b-die, c, d, e and others...

Thanks for the input but I was at 1.15 and I messed around but couldn't get the RAM voltage down.

Finally realized part of the reason for my high voltages was the extremely high RAM boot voltage of 1.45 I was using. That set me up to need even more voltage apparently. I talk about it in more detail in another post I just wrote.

Thanks again, though.

hhuummm, it did not work, but let's continue testing.

Apparently, i find the stable config. I`m using Wraith Spire cooler