cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips for Ryzen 5 1600x Pstate Overclocking

zander479
Level 7
Hi I have been trying to P state overclock my Ryzen 5 1600x @ 4ghz. But I am running into issues.
I was using the following guide on https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/769094-guide-to-p-state-variable-frequency-overclocking-on-the-...

First issue is when I follow the steps and I get to the Pstate0 FID part. I notice that is says my (Voltage uV is 1375000) not sure if this is normal. I place in A0 for 4ghz.
When I get to the Offset CPU core voltage I input 0.025 since my uV is 1.375 <- this number stays the same even when I reset my CMOS. So with this my PC always crashes during a Cinebench test. I believe I am doing something wrong with the voltages, if anyone has any tips to share about the Ryzen 5 really appreciate it.

Thank you,
5 REPLIES 5

tarot
Level 7
first the way i do it with my 1800x
go to pstates
change the first pstate to what you want
A0 for 4g mine is 3.925(can't remember the code)
leave pstates
force soc to 1.15 force pll to 1.8
if you want to change voltages use cpu offset in extreme tweaker and just add the offset you want,

save test.
in my example i have voltages set to auto and LLC set to 4 mine happily sits at 3.925 perefectly stable.

the trick is only change the cpu speed in pstates and change voltages in extreme tweaker using offsets.
this leaves the power up down working in windows.

the other things are mentioned elsewhere like siable turbo boost etc etc

entropic-remnan
Level 9
This got me there: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/769094-guide-to-p-state-variable-frequency-overclocking-on-the-...

Don't change VID. Do your overclock voltage as an offset in Extreme Tweaker and do not use a fixed voltage or you won't get voltage ramping, just clock. There is some kind of BIOS bug that causes it to not work properly if you try to control P0 voltage in the Pstates editor.

Don't forget to set the minimum process state % in your power plan. Most -- myself included -- seem to use 20%. As a result I clock between 1550 mhz and my max and voltage goes between about 0.6 volts and my max. Works great.

Scheiss... I just linked you to the article you started with, sorry. Let me look at your post again...
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

entropic-remnan
Level 9
Okay, take two. Have you verified your overclock WITHOUT Pstates first? If you haven't, then it's possible that you are just reaching too far for the voltage you're feeding it.

Sorry for the first post, lol. I can't believe I didn't see that link in your original post.

By the way, that voltage you see in P0 (if you have not changed VID, and I hope you didn't) is something programmed in for your chip based on its model. My modest 1700 non-X is supposed to run at much lower clocks than I force it to so my "base" voltage is only 1.1875. Your's may be higher because it's supposed to be.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

I will look into the adjustments but my 1600x clocks at 3.9ghz on 1.375 in bios but when i go to windows it tells me its at 3.8ish. That is without pstate overclocking

entropic-remnan
Level 9
Windows doesn't know from anything. Use CPU-Z and see what it says.