Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array Ibbanez PC Specs
    Ibbanez PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen R7 1700 @ 3.9 GHz
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 Hybrid
    Sound CardSchiit Stack (Magni 2 Uber/Modi 2 Uber)
    MonitorSieki Pro 40" 10bit 4k@60
    CPU CoolerH100i AIO H2O
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe w/ Tempered Glass
    Power SupplyEVGA P2 1200
    Headset AMG K7xx
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Well I have this same set of memory, but I'm running the Crosshair VI Hero with a 1700 OC @ 3.9. Can post 4.0, but its not what you call super stable, and the temps jump 20+ degrees C. Currently at 3.9, under full load, it runs 42-53 degrees C and that's it. Running old H100i. At 3200 GHz, I have no issues, but at 3466, Memtweak just gave a 0 and OCCT error-ed out within a minute. Im thinking that 3466 may be pushing the IHM, or whatever its called to the limit, being that I'm running the poorer binned 1700. I was also running 1.4 volts. Memory Temp was only 33 degrees C. Maybe I will play around some more in a bit. Im also running the new 1401 bios and so far it feels stable.

New ROGer Array

Guys, can anybody help me with my DRam voltage problem?

I have a CH6 and a 2x8 GB Flare X kit, however according to CPU - Z the exact description is F4-3200C14-8GFX instead of F4-3200C14D-16GFX.

Is this RAM not officially supported and/or what is the difference?

The issue is, that I cannot change the DRam voltage for some reason - it always stays at 1,41 volts, no matter what I do. I tried eco mode, tried to load the DOCP profile, tried to put in values manually, nothing works. The only thing that briefly worlks is when I clear CMOS, then the default settings put the voltage below 1,35 with 2400 MHZ - however the CPU voltage spikes to 1,5 V and as soon as I try to change a single thing - not even RAM related - the voltage is back again to 1,41.

BIOS is the latest official 1201

So what can I do? My RAM kit is being slowly roasted at this rate and I'm afraid that the board is putting on way too much voltage overall. I toned the CPU voltage and SOC voltage down to acceptable levels and letting it run in eco mode with SMT and boost disabled, but I cannot do anything to help my RAM.
    Last edited by McRoll; 06-19-2017 at 05:30 PM.

ROG Member Array Ibbanez PC Specs
    Ibbanez PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen R7 1700 @ 3.9 GHz
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 Hybrid
    Sound CardSchiit Stack (Magni 2 Uber/Modi 2 Uber)
    MonitorSieki Pro 40" 10bit 4k@60
    CPU CoolerH100i AIO H2O
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe w/ Tempered Glass
    Power SupplyEVGA P2 1200
    Headset AMG K7xx
    OS Windows 10 Pro

I'm not sure of the issue, but if you are only getting 1.41v, I'd say thats hardly roasting your RAM. that isn't really enough volts to really hurt it I wouldn't think. I think the reading as F4-3200C14-8GFX is actually correct. The Kit is labeled, F4-3200C14D-16GFX, but two sticks of F4-3200C14-8GFX make up that kit that happened to be matched together. I have this kit and this is how each software sees mine, so that's normal. Now, I don't know why you can't manaully set your DRAM voltage, unless you are doing something wrong, or something is wrong with your MB. Why are you "toning" down all these settings? It runs super efficient as it is, and turning SMT off and everything can slow it down in a lot of applications. When I first setup mine, all I had to do was set DOCP to standard and it posted at 3200 MHz no problem and it automatically set the DRAM voltage to 1.35.. I've manually bumped it up to 1.4 and 1.45 when I was trying to run at 3466 and 3600.

Never used this "Eco" mode. Is that a setting in the Asus Software in Windows? If you are using software, its possible you are overriding your BIOS settings. I don't use the software, as I want full control via the BIOS, so I can't help ya there. I've never liked their software, as I find it buggy at times, plus I just don't have any need for it.

New ROGer Array

It is a BIOS option called "EPU Power saving mode", right below SMT settings. I basically just turned off boost and SMT and enabled this setting just to be on the safe side. Since my board behaves so strange, I dont know which voltages else it might be setting too high. I also set my SOC voltage lower, to 0,95 since the board turned it up to 1,17 which is also a bit much.

So basically I can rule out wrong RAM then, since this is an officially supported kit. Then we can narrow it down to either mainboard or BIOS probably. The processor is the Ryzen 1800X. I dont use other software, just tried out Ryzen Master, but only after I fiddled around in BIOS and I didnt overclock anything or made any changes in Ryzen Master, so this can be ruled out as well.

Maybe something wrong with the chipset driver? Can it cause such issues? Or do I have some kind of super early revision of the mainboard? I can't believe that since I only have it one week, the older stuff must have been sold long ago...

Not sure what else it can be... might be something really stupid that I oversee. I tried to write 1,35 V with comma and with point, but that makes no difference as well

Anything of that kind might be the issue? Can you post some screens of your settings in BIOS so I can compare?

Basically the value of 1,35 V stands in the field but the mainboard still reads 1,41 V. I also double - checked with HWinfo64 and it too reads 1,41 V so wrong sensor isnt the issue there.

http://imgur.com/a/rPJYA

I uploaded a screen to Imgur, this is how it looks like.
    Last edited by McRoll; 06-19-2017 at 07:34 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array andyliu PC Specs
    andyliu PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)(32GB) 2*F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 980 FTW
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 850 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced ECO3 480GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H105
    CaseCooler Master H500M
    Power SupplyThermaltake TOUGHPOWER 750W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC3100 + PCE-AC88

consider trying usb-flash back to flash the bios again.
    it solves some weird issue for me.

make sure you completely power off (kill the power to psu)
    then turn the psu on but not turning on pc
    then clear the bios and then flash bios.

once you re-reflash the bios, try to just start with DOCP standard first and work your way on tuning.
    Last edited by andyliu; 06-21-2017 at 03:20 AM.

New ROGer Array

I actually tried to flash a new beta BIOS after a email with customer service (1301).

I did a complete reset by loading defaults first, then flashing new BIOS, then putting out the battery for 5 minutes, inserting again, loading defaults and restart. After that I tried to change voltage, with no success, just as before.

It seems like I am running out of options here. Something broken then?

andyliu PC Specs
    CPU CoolerCorsair H105
    CaseCooler Master H500M
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by McRoll View Post
    I actually tried to flash a new beta BIOS after a email with customer service (1301).

I did a complete reset by loading defaults first, then flashing new BIOS, then putting out the battery for 5 minutes, inserting again, loading defaults and restart. After that I tried to change voltage, with no success, just as before.

It seems like I am running out of options here. Something broken then?
    latest bios is 1401, assuming it's just typo and it shouldn't matter
    well, make sure you power off psu as well
    you weren't clear on how you flash the bios
    using the BIOS flash feature? or did you try the USB flash back.
    if you haven't tried usb-flash back, you really should give it a try.
    it solve similar issue for me

and maybe you can try 1 ram at a time, to see if you can adjust voltage
    Last edited by andyliu; 06-22-2017 at 11:07 PM.

New ROGer Array

I now also tried with 1401 and via usb flashback like you described - it didnt make any difference.
    What is peculiar, it starts with 1,26 something volt when you leave at default, but even if I change one single thing like SMT off, then Dram voltage is instantly at 1,41 again - totally unrelated to what I changed.
    Only thing I didnt try yet was changing out RAM slots. - they are in slots 2 and 4 because it said "recommended" in the mainboard manual. Can this be the issue? I'd need to demount my Noctua cooler before I can take the RAM out....
    Also, I connected both 8 and 4 pin powercables for the CPU because it is also recommended - but can it be that too much voltage is applied if both cables are conneceted?

And finally, why does Asus think that it is a good idea to feed the CPU up to 1,5 V peak voltage in the default settings? I cannot leave it like that, the CPU cooks with 50 C° in idle!

andyliu PC Specs
    CPU CoolerCorsair H105
    CaseCooler Master H500M
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro

I now also tried with 1401 and via usb flashback like you described - it didnt make any difference.
    What is peculiar, it starts with 1,26 something volt when you leave at default, but even if I change one single thing like SMT off, then Dram voltage is instantly at 1,41 again - totally unrelated to what I changed.
    Only thing I didnt try yet was changing out RAM slots. - they are in slots 2 and 4 because it said "recommended" in the mainboard manual. Can this be the issue? I'd need to demount my Noctua cooler before I can take the RAM out....
    Also, I connected both 8 and 4 pin powercables for the CPU because it is also recommended - but can it be that too much voltage is applied if both cables are conneceted?

And finally, why does Asus think that it is a good idea to feed the CPU up to 1,5 V peak voltage in the default settings? I cannot leave it like that, the CPU cooks with 50 C° in idle!
    Well, flash back was what solve the similar issue for me, that's why it was first thing I suggested.
    in case you didn't clear bios before flash back, give that a try again
    I tried to change what you changed, like SMT, make no difference for the voltage for me, which is manually set for 1.35.

Now, I only connected 8 pin power for CPU. it's one of the option, 8 pin or 8 + 4 pin.
    So doesn't hurt to just try 8 pin only.
    with my current default setting, CPU voltage in default setting is @ 1.395-1.4
    if i go with offset mode with + 0.00625, it's around 1.352
    temp is idle around 32C per "Ryzen master", and this is important if you are using any other software to monitor the temp.

Also, it would be nice to know what your hardware set up is, like CPU.
    people with similar hardware might had experience same issue and they might have solution already
    Easiest way is just go to your profile, click on the pen icon next to # of friends.
    and update your profile.

good luck

ROG Enthusiast Array VRBabe81 PC Specs
    VRBabe81 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI Hero X370
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800X
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid
    Monitor22" LG 1080p
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500gb
    Storage #2SEAGATE 2TB 7200RPM
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR H100i V2 AIO
    CaseFRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R5 Titanium
    Power SupplyCORSAIR HX850W 80+ Platinum
    Keyboard MICROSOFT
    Mouse ALIENWARE
    Headset SONY H.ear On MDR-100ABN Pink
    Mouse Pad ALIENWARE
    OS MICROSOFT Windows 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 OCULUS Rift With Touch

I had the same problem as you with the dram voltage going into 1.438 @ 2400 with my g.skill ddr4-3200 flare x 16gb x2 sticks. Even If I change one setting in the bios my dram voltage would change to 1.438v. Default it went to 2400 with dram voltage 1.286v.

Default out of the box bios

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19875831_1905312456402877_942700917_o.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	244.9 KB 
ID:	66065

Manual setup with cpu @ 4ghz @ 1.438v vcore and ddr4-3200 @ 3066 with dram voltage 1.35v by applying manually 1.27 in the dram voltage which gave me the 1.35v lol

Here is my latest screenshot in hwinfo64 showing cpu temps, vcore and dram

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hwinfo64 with 4ghz oc.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	66066

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast