ROG Member Array

CPU jumpy temperatures

I thought it was a bug, but I see that it continues after BIOS updates...it is IDLE
    Check it!

My build: 1800x | CH6 | Kraken X61
    Last edited by mallrats; 05-29-2017 at 12:27 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

I remember seeing a discussion maybe on overclock.net where it was talked about and the temperature used can be the "greater" or "lesser" of one temperature sensor or another. I kind of question temperature accuracy on these anyway. My 1700 was reporting temps below ambient or ridiculously high if I touched the PLL voltage and took it out of Auto.

For me the solution was to set SenseMI Skew to Disabled. But I don't have your chip so I'm not sure what you're seeing. I don't use that AMD software to overclock -- I prefer to do things in the BIOS -- and I monitor temperature with HWINFO64 which I can recommend. On that you'll get a temperature from the motherboard for the CPU, and one from the Tctl sensor and the Crosshair VI reported temperature is usually about 5 degrees higher than the Tctl on my mobo.

Like I said, figuring out the "real" temperature can be a leap of faith but my system is reliable so I guess it's not too far off.
    Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mallrats View Post
    I thought it was a bug, but I see that it continues after BIOS updates...it is IDLE
    Check it!

My build: 1800x | CH6 | Kraken X61
    A lot of people have that issue, including me, Here is my topic on the matter:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...es-jumps/page2

I have tried a lot of things, but crappy software development is crappy nothing helped me , hopefully someday there will be a fixed bios

ROG Member Array

Thank you guys!

I will wait until they get a fixed BIOS... but one more question: The real problem is in the CPU, in the MOBO or both?

Thanks again!!