cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onboard LEDS - Z270i, can't find info in manual or anywhere online.

atasel
Level 7
So the green green boot device LED stays on all the time after about half or 1/3 of boots for some reason, can't fins any correlation. Also the orange LED at the bottom near the USB 3 header is always on, even if the PC isn't booted up. Only thing that turns it off is switching the PSU off.

I don't notice any difference, but I'm curious why they're on basically, and what exactly they mean.

5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15
The green LED is probably one of the QLEDs. No idea on the orange LED. But if your system is working fine, then there probably isn't anything to worry about.

Green led for hdd solid green, stuck on bios splash screen, clear cmos no dice, unpluged battery cleared cmos no dice.
It's been running fine for weeks. Had my 7600k up to 4.96 not quite fully stable working on it when I went through anew unable to shutdown situation. Took 15 or so minutes and it did shutdown went to restart and here I am 2 days now. I'm now attempting to update the bios as I have not updated it yet. Old rule of thumb perhaps not anymore "If the bios you are running is not giving issue don't bother updateing it". Well now it's frozen on the bios splash so update it is will. Any other ideas?

I5 7600K
120mm CL water cooling
Z270I gaming
Rip jaws 3200 @ 14-14-14-34 1.65v
SS 840evo
Radeon HD7950 gpu 950 OC(1050) 1500 (1650)

I was searching for other threads but keep the getting nothing from the engine. Maybe because I had not yet been approved by modz.

Updated the BIOS and now Core Cash voltage adaptive mode is missing....
Am I supposed to go back to manual voltage now?

Result - Solved, never once have I reset the Cmos after a bios update. Thanks for the suggestion! Rep + 1 if I can.