cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive fps drops in gl502vs

Rajeev_Reddy
Level 7
Every few seconds i get a massive FPS drops when playing games and normal usage. I also found that this is not due to throttling caused by overheating. When i play games like CSGO or DOTA2, they FPS drops to 4-5, and then goes baack to the defined FPS. It is causing a lot of problems and affecting my daily work too.

I havent done a deep check but i would like the concerning authority to help me out with a solution. I have installed the latest all the latest drivers.
My LAPTOP : ASUS ROG GL502VS DB-71(ORIGINAL).
3 REPLIES 3

Yokali
Level 7
Hi! I think you should try to make a clean install of your Nvidia driver, I've seen that works a lot with this kind of problems and there are a lot of tutorials including how to enter in window's safe mode because reinstalling driver not always solves the problem

Yokali wrote:
Hi! I think you should try to make a clean install of your Nvidia driver, I've seen that works a lot with this kind of problems and there are a lot of tutorials including how to enter in window's safe mode because reinstalling driver not always solves the problem

Does that mean i should uninstal the nvidia drivers completely and go to safeboot mode and then install it from there......or do i have fix my Lappy in safe boot mode with some performance checks and tweeks?

Rajeev Reddy wrote:
Does that mean i should uninstal the nvidia drivers completely and go to safeboot mode and then install it from there......or do i have fix my Lappy in safe boot mode with some performance checks and tweeks?

There are some programs that you should run on safe mode or look for some steps to do it, I don't have any example right now but you can google them. be careful!