cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to make an eGPU for my G771jm Laptop

Marshyman69
Level 7
I have the thunderbolt port in my laptop so I believe I don't need a pci port. did a but of reading on this and it seems like it is very specific to the laptop that your currently have.. So I'm consulting the experts (you guys) as to what card and and adapter and power supply I should go with if I wanted to have both cards running together. I know it won't be too long before my 860m becomes obsolete as its already having slight problems playing some games on high settings. Especially racing games which I love. I just saw a trailer for the new Need for Speed coming out and It looks sooooo good. Anyways I was like... dayum am I gonna have to build a gaming PC to play it? then I realized I don't have the cash for that. So then I realized that there are some companies that make eGPU's (Like razor). I learned this when I almost bought the razerblade stealth but couldn't afford it. So here I am now with my still decent laptop and I am hoping that some of y'all can help me with waking up this system instead of buying a new one.

Laptop is stock except for the 128gb SSD that windows is now on and I changed its wifi card to an Intel 867.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=1199&item_id=078747

I think that is the link for it (of course the night I go to post the thread I get a 503 service unavailable lol)
1 REPLY 1

LoveGaming
Level 7
I have the same problem.I want to use egpu for my rog i7 4700hq gtx 770m laptop.You did it?