Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 25 of 25
  1. #21
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Itzycharles View Post
    as soon the new ssd is here i will try updating my bios to 0906 since on the website on my heroix in order to install the new aura Aura V1.04.43 asus web page said that i need to have the latest bios. there i will have the chance to use the AI suite for the first time since 2016. clean install and fresh apps. all nine yards. the only thing i know is that i uninstall the 1.4.6.6 and the aura works with out notes or problems. the new ssd will be here in 10 days.
    If you can also help test out GPU Tweak II as well, it would be much appreciated.

  2. #22
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    I have the same problem with the GPU Tweak II Monitor crashing, it is regardless of SLI enabled or refresh rate because i have 4 monitors connected 3x 1080p@60Hz 1x 2160p@60Hz and SLI disabled, it will be triggered by either starting a full-screen application causing a display disconnect refresh or when changing the main display, not only do i lose the GPU Tweak Monitor, i also seem to have another problem with GPU Tweak II that freezes my Taskbar/Window manager.

    What kind of extra information do i need to provide/look for?

  3. #23
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by hallou89 View Post
    I have the same problem with the GPU Tweak II Monitor crashing, it is regardless of SLI enabled or refresh rate because i have 4 monitors connected 3x 1080p@60Hz 1x 2160p@60Hz and SLI disabled, it will be triggered by either starting a full-screen application causing a display disconnect refresh or when changing the main display, not only do i lose the GPU Tweak Monitor, i also seem to have another problem with GPU Tweak II that freezes my Taskbar/Window manager.

    What kind of extra information do i need to provide/look for?
    Can you provide your full hardware specifications and also OS version and build? When does GPU Tweak II freeze your Taskbar/Windows manager? For example: system startup, when trying to manually open software, and etc. Thanks.

  4. #24
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Can you provide your full hardware specifications and also OS version and build? When does GPU Tweak II freeze your Taskbar/Windows manager? For example: system startup, when trying to manually open software, and etc. Thanks.
    Hardware: Z97 i7-4770@4.3Ghz |
    2133Mhz DDR3-CL9 |
    2x GTX 1080 Strix A8G @+132Mhz/+1000Mhz effective/+75mV |
    Corsair Force GS 480GB / 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

    OS: Windows 10 w/ Creators Update v. 1703, OS Build 15063.413, Nvidia 382.53

    The taskbar/windows manager freezing isn't as easily reproducible for me as the monitor crashing issue, so i have to test it some more to verify, it might be some conflict with other software, but the only background process i have running besides GPU Tweak II is CUE Software and Steam, and i just upgraded CUE, it still happens, the freezing issue affects elements of the OS(generally causes the slow drawing of application windows i.e the explorer/file manager, and the box for the hidden items of the taskbar to open black/empty, plus no longer 3d effects of the quick launch icons, with the exception of the Start menu which renders normally) this makes my session unusable which is annoying if you have to resume other work, i can trigger it at start of OS boot by randomly switching back and forth between GPU Tweak pages(Home, Info, Settings), and applying settings in the Settings page then switching back to Home, i also have Home set to Professional rather than Simple.

    Hope that helps,

  5. #25
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by hallou89 View Post
    Hardware: Z97 i7-4770@4.3Ghz |
    2133Mhz DDR3-CL9 |
    2x GTX 1080 Strix A8G @+132Mhz/+1000Mhz effective/+75mV |
    Corsair Force GS 480GB / 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

    OS: Windows 10 w/ Creators Update v. 1703, OS Build 15063.413, Nvidia 382.53

    The taskbar/windows manager freezing isn't as easily reproducible for me as the monitor crashing issue, so i have to test it some more to verify, it might be some conflict with other software, but the only background process i have running besides GPU Tweak II is CUE Software and Steam, and i just upgraded CUE, it still happens, the freezing issue affects elements of the OS(generally causes the slow drawing of application windows i.e the explorer/file manager, and the box for the hidden items of the taskbar to open black/empty, plus no longer 3d effects of the quick launch icons, with the exception of the Start menu which renders normally) this makes my session unusable which is annoying if you have to resume other work, i can trigger it at start of OS boot by randomly switching back and forth between GPU Tweak pages(Home, Info, Settings), and applying settings in the Settings page then switching back to Home, i also have Home set to Professional rather than Simple.

    Hope that helps,
    Thank you for providing us with this information, for sure it will be helpful for us. Cheers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •