cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How i got a Lemon ASUS ROG GL552VW from ASUS.

AKTAXAT
Level 7
In July 2016 i bought ASUS ROG GL552VW Gaming Series Laptop with a warranty of 3 year and now its been 11 months and i feel very sad to say that i ASUS ROG sucks and you should probably think before buying.

Few Reasons i say i got a lemon and i would recommend you to buy carefully.

>in first 2 months the battery of laptop Died and it got replaced .

> after 4 months it started causing Heating issue , laptop got heated up even in normal conditions .

> after 5 months its windows crashed suddenly and issue was such that it could not be repaired by me so laptop went to service center , Service center guy told me they cant solve the windows issue so they replaced HDD and i lost all my data .
its Hard Disk Crashed suddenly and laptop went to repair center again.
this time i got my laptop with hell lot of scratches and they say its normal thing when you give for service. ( i care about my laptop too much as i invested all my saving in it ) and this how they treat your laptops.

>after 9 months (i.e March 2017) its Web camera stopped working , laptop again goes to service center after returning me laptop , i checked the camera and it still wasn't working , i send laptop again to service center and this time they change camera cables.

> Current Status > Laptop's Graphics Card seems to have Some Problems sometimes it doesn't detect the graphic card and runs on Intel graphic card.

>Audio Speaker of Laptop seems to have died , only one is working .

> i also saw that my screen seems to have many gap between the frame and the main screen.
>laptop seems to hang when it keeps running for a long time .

At this point i am left with No hope for my ROG laptop and just use it for normal general purpose, the so called ROG Gaming Series laptop seems to be all bull**** for me .

I made this thread so that i can aware my fellow Gaming friends in the community and incase anyone here might have solution to my problem .

I regret investing 83k on ROG Laptop i wish i had gone with other product and because of this my friends have gone with other company products they just couldn't bring themselves to buy ASUS products after seeing what happened with my laptop . Everyone in my friend group is now sceptical about every ASUS Product .

1 REPLY 1

Bahz
Level 12
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your laptop. I have moved this over to the ROG care section as I think this case needs to be further escalated. Can you please PM me with the product serial number, all Case ID#s and all RMA #s.

Thanks,
Bahz