Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VM bottom-plate screws

ATLANTICA_NFS
Level 8
Hi folks

Brief introduction:
I got my GL502VM last Friday, so I'm new to ASUS and it's hardware / support etc.
So far I'm really impressed with the build-quality, the overall design and power of my new Notebook.

I started with VR-app-development (hobby only!) like 2 1/2 half years ago. At the time I was using a W-Series-Notebook manufactured by Lenovo.
While not serving top-notch-VR-performances, it was still able to run Unity / Blender + VR at around 65-70 FPS.

That was until Oculus released their first consumer-software...
The GPU couldn't take it any longer and therefore I switched to a custom built Mini-ITX system.

The Mini-ITX system did it's job quite well, but I always missed the portability / option of working / experimenting 'on-the-go'...
That's why I decided to try my luck with ASUS and it's GL502VM.

Now, I know the following question is rather silly... But I do hope that someone on here may be able to help me out...

After unboxing my GL502VM I had to open-up the bottom-plate in order to upgrade the memory / add an HDD-drive (parts coming from the previous Mini-ITX system).
It worked like a charm - until I realized that I forgot to mark / note screw-lenghts...

I did search the web for hours and found an upgrade-guide provied by ASUS, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to cover my particular version.
The displayed notebook shows two 'short' screws - I've got four of them...

Basically, my question would be:
Could someone please tell me where the 'shorter' four screws need to be placed at?
Attached you'll find a picture of the bottom-plate with added screw-hole-labels.

Best regards + thank you in advance

P.S: I was able to undervolt by -0.125 V and it's working great!
P.S 2: Please pardon the bad grammar

4 REPLIES 4

Nightwing113
Level 7
After multiple disassemblies, I place mine at 6 - 9.

PS: just like you, I don't remember where they were. but it simply works this way

Nightwing113 wrote:
After multiple disassemblies, I place mine at 6 - 9.

PS: just like you, I don't remember where they were. but it simply works this way

Hi Nightwing113,

thank you very much for your response!
OK - I'll give it a try.

Could anybody 'official' from ASUS confirm / correct this?
Or maybe someone with an 'unaltered' GL502VM could take-out the screws (without disassembling the bottom-plate, of course...) and
forward the information?

I'd be happy to contribute an image / PDF for future reference once I've got solid information.

Best regards and thank you again @Nightwing113

Bump

AlexTek
Level 7
ATLANTICA_NFS wrote:
Hi folks

Brief introduction:
I got my GL502VM last Friday, so I'm new to ASUS and it's hardware / support etc.
So far I'm really impressed with the build-quality, the overall design and power of my new Notebook.

I started with VR-app-development (hobby only!) like 2 1/2 half years ago. At the time I was using a W-Series-Notebook manufactured by Lenovo.
While not serving top-notch-VR-performances, it was still able to run Unity / Blender + VR at around 65-70 FPS.

That was until Oculus released their first consumer-software...
The GPU couldn't take it any longer and therefore I switched to a custom built Mini-ITX system.

The Mini-ITX system did it's job quite well, but I always missed the portability / option of working / experimenting 'on-the-go'...
That's why I decided to try my luck with ASUS and it's GL502VM.

Now, I know the following question is rather silly... But I do hope that someone on here may be able to help me out...

After unboxing my GL502VM I had to open-up the bottom-plate in order to upgrade the memory / add an HDD-drive (parts coming from the previous Mini-ITX system).
It worked like a charm - until I realized that I forgot to mark / note screw-lenghts...

I did search the web for hours and found an upgrade-guide provied by ASUS, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to cover my particular version.
The displayed notebook shows two 'short' screws - I've got four of them...

Basically, my question would be:
Could someone please tell me where the 'shorter' four screws need to be placed at?
Attached you'll find a picture of the bottom-plate with added screw-hole-labels.

Best regards + thank you in advance

P.S: I was able to undervolt by -0.125 V and it's working great!
P.S 2: Please pardon the bad grammar

Happen to me also, but figure out, as when you insert the screws all of them should imerse, so in front of laptop are the blue ones (shorter ones with the point blue) and all back til vents are the bigger ones (Brown edge), my screws have colors maybe because of the construction.
Whatever you lose, you’ll find it again. But what you throw away you’ll never get back. – Himura Kenshin