Page 14 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Well at least the Zenith is only $550.00us..... I guess the 10gb ethernet didn't make it a 700.00 board. Maybe there is still hope for the Rampage to not be 700 unless they just want to jack the price up for the Intel people.....

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-003-_-Product

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Any Ideas on when we might get an update on pricing and availability? It really is sad that it is out for the x399 before the x299...

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    NO CIT for this gen. Fan Extension card is there, plus one DIMM.2. RGB extension cable, assortment of SLI bridges, AC antenna. That's mostly it. The rest is all the regular knick-knacks.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroPhilip View Post
    Well at least the Zenith is only $550.00us..... I guess the 10gb ethernet didn't make it a 700.00 board. Maybe there is still hope for the Rampage to not be 700 unless they just want to jack the price up for the Intel people.....

Yeah, although there are some caveats you need to be aware of. The Extreme's BOM is near $100 more expensive than the Zenith. Two things ate up that cost: the first is the requirements for more quick switches to give you access to the PCIe lanes, the second, and major antagonist, is the aesthetics. That armor and PCH cover cost a pretty penny. The armor goes through a production process with a low yield, we even had to remove one coating as the company that supplies it couldn't guarantee the finish being free of small splutter effects. The PCH cover utilized some kind of layer effect which adds cost. The product manager for the R6E is passionate and he really wanted to hit things out of the park. The board is for the type of user that wants a cost-be-damned showcase build.

Any Ideas on when we might get an update on pricing and availability? It really is sad that it is out for the x399 before the x299...

Probably within the next few weeks. Nothing anyone can do about that. While I understand the impatience, it's part of the game.

ROG Member Array

It seems to be so.
    In Germany was price correction today from 621€ for Extreme and from 555€ for Apex to 526€ for each other

link

ROG Enthusiast Array

Probably within the next few weeks. Nothing anyone can do about that. While I understand the impatience, it's part of the game.
    What is the thing that's taking so long? I guess a few specs could be released?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMeijer10 View Post
    What is the thing that's taking so long? I guess a few specs could be released?

Getting everything ready always takes time for any product. It may be "taking so long" for you, but it's a standard process on our side.

ROG Enthusiast Array Mavtop PC Specs
    Mavtop PC Specs
    MotherboardIncoming R6Extreme
    Processor7980XE
    Memory (part number)Corsair Platinum 64gb 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #11080ti w EKWB
    Graphics Card #21080ti w EKWB
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZXR
    MonitorAsus Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 2tb x 2 in RAID 0 (hopefully bootable)
    Storage #2HGST He10, 10 TB HDD
    CPU CoolerEK Custom water cooling Loop w XSPC rads
    CaseDigital Storm Aventum III
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
    Mouse Corsair M45/Glaive
    Headset Razer Tiamat 7.1/Corsair Wireless
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB
    Headset/Speakers Corsair RGB Wireless
    OS Windows 10 PRO
    Network RouterASUS AC5300
    Accessory #1 EVODESK 72inch standing desk
    Accessory #2 Oculus Rift, Vive, Pimax 8K X incoming

Getting everything ready always takes time for any product. It may be "taking so long" for you, but it's a standard process on our side.
    Better done right, than done fast.

I've already put in nearly 6 months of careful planning for my new system. The R6E will be the finishing touch.

Sounds good. Post pics when done.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Yeah, although there are some caveats you need to be aware of. The Extreme's BOM is near $100 more expensive than the Zenith. Two things ate up that cost: the first is the requirements for more quick switches to give you access to the PCIe lanes, the second, and major antagonist, is the aesthetics. That armor and PCH cover cost a pretty penny. The armor goes through a production process with a low yield, we even had to remove one coating as the company that supplies it couldn't guarantee the finish being free of small splutter effects. The PCH cover utilized some kind of layer effect which adds cost. The product manager for the R6E is passionate and he really wanted to hit things out of the park. The board is for the type of user that wants a cost-be-damned showcase build.
    Raja, speaking of the PCH cover...

Both the main PCH cover with the Asus logo and the "Republic of Gamers" sign have a black brushed-texture cover. Are both black top covers aluminum, or plastic?

Can one or both of the black covers be removed and separated from the "armor" around the PCIe slots area, leaving everything else intact? I want to keep the NCVM non-conductive vacuum-metallized armor around the PCIe slots and I want to keep the clear acrylic that wraps around the border of the black PCH plate and "Republic of Gamers" block. But I want to replace both black cover plates with my own iridescent color-shifting mirrored art glass and have the Aura lighting shine through that instead, since there are obviously RGB LEDs underneath both black cover plates. But if the black PCH cover is directly bonded to a thermal pad and heatsink assembly underneath it, that may not be possible?

The best clear photo of the PCH cover that I could find was this:

http://media.gamersnexus.net/images/...-extreme-2.jpg

Unlike the Asus X399 Zenith Extreme that has three big visible screws mounting the PCH cover, the mounting mechanism for the RVIE's PCH cover is hidden, which looks really nice and clean. But I could not find a single photo that showed the back of the RVIE mobo, which also supposedly includes a reinforcing backplate. Otherwise, I could maybe deduce if the black PCH and*"Republic of Gamers" covers are screwed on, clipped on, or fused/glued onto some other assembly.

The X299 Apex product page advertises "Illuminated customizable nameplate: Your board, your insignia". I do not know if the Extreme's "Republic of Gamers" plate also constitutes a "customizable nameplate" that the user can replace. Even if removing and replacing both black cover plates is not officialy approved by Asus and may void the warranty, I am still curious as to how easy it would be to just remove both black plates by themselves.
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 08-02-2017 at 06:11 AM.

Page 14 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast