Processor7980XE
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Tident RGB 128GB 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080 Ti SC2
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 1080 Ti SC2
    CPU CoolerThermaltake 360 RGB Riing
    Power SupplyCorsair 1000W Platinum
    OS Win10

Rampage pre ordered!

Now to sit back n wait for the beast to ship! And for the i9's to also arrive
    What is the best advice to setup nvme drives? Straight off the dimm2 ?
    If using dimm2 do you need to pack it full of M.2 ?
    Should I run just a single 512sammy 960 pro on the board?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Feklar PC Specs
    Feklar PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Apex
    Processori9 9900k
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Trident Z Royal F4-4400C18D-16GTRS
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA w/ Hydro Copper Waterblock
    MonitorAcer Predator X35
    Storage #1Samsung 860 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2850 Evo 1TB and 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cooling
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2
    Keyboard Logitech G513 Carbon
    Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
    Headset Ultrasone Pro 750
    Headset/Speakers Schiit Gungnir DAC w/Violectric V100 Headphone Amp
    OS Windows 10 Professional
    Accessory #1 Mo-Ra 3 Pro 4x180 Radiator
    Accessory #2 Koolance Fittings and QDC's
    Accessory #3 XSPC Raystorm Neo Metal CPU block w/EVGA Hydro Copper GPU block

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper64 View Post
    "Estimate ETA"

i9 9900k + Asus Maximus XI Apex + EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA
    Trident Z Royal F4-4400C18D-16GTRS + Samsung 860 Pro SSD, EVO 1TB, EVO 2TB
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Power Supply + Phanteks Evolv X case
    XSPC Raystorm Neo Metal CPU block, EVGA Hydro Copper GPU block
    Koolance Fittings and QDC's + Mo-Ra 3 Pro 4x180 Radiator
    LG G32GK850G Monitor +
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by glnhrrs View Post
    Now to sit back n wait for the beast to ship! And for the i9's to also arrive
    What is the best advice to setup nvme drives? Straight off the dimm2 ?
    If using dimm2 do you need to pack it full of M.2 ?
    Should I run just a single 512sammy 960 pro on the board?
    Where from?

ROG Enthusiast Array Mavtop PC Specs
    Mavtop PC Specs
    MotherboardIncoming R6Extreme
    Processor7980XE
    Memory (part number)Corsair Platinum 64gb 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #11080ti w EKWB
    Graphics Card #21080ti w EKWB
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZXR
    MonitorAsus Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 2tb x 2 in RAID 0 (hopefully bootable)
    Storage #2HGST He10, 10 TB HDD
    CPU CoolerEK Custom water cooling Loop w XSPC rads
    CaseDigital Storm Aventum III
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
    Mouse Corsair M45/Glaive
    Headset Razer Tiamat 7.1/Corsair Wireless
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB
    Headset/Speakers Corsair RGB Wireless
    OS Windows 10 PRO
    Network RouterASUS AC5300
    Accessory #1 EVODESK 72inch standing desk
    Accessory #2 Oculus Rift, Vive, Pimax 8K X incoming

ttps://www.tweaktown.com/news/58970/core-i9-7980xe-overclocked-4-8ghz-18c-36t/index.html

Will the R6E be able to do 4.4GHz across all 18 cores? Or do I need to go to the Apex?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mavtop View Post
    https://www.tweaktown.com/news/58970...36t/index.html

Will the R6E be able to do 4.4GHz across all 18 cores? Or do I need to go to the Apex?
    Do you mean 4.4, or do you mean the 4.8 GHz OC that was posted on the Korean site? I think the R6E can easily handle 4.4 on all cores. Raja can comment better for 4.8. Hitting 4.8 on all cores would also still depend upon you getting a very good chip.

What I want to know is how that Korean user was even able to get the 7980XE and publish his 3DMark and Handbrake testing, which I can only assume is an engineering sample. Sep 25 was Intel's original release date for the 7940X, 7960X, and 7980XE. But then later media rumors stated an October release for the 7980XE. The Aug 28 release for the 7920X that Intel quoted back in June was at least fulfilled by Newegg this past Monday when their first shipment sold out within 20 minutes in the morning and then their [Add To Cart] turned into a [Back Order] button.

ROG Enthusiast Array Mavtop PC Specs
    Mavtop PC Specs
    MotherboardIncoming R6Extreme
    Processor7980XE
    Memory (part number)Corsair Platinum 64gb 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #11080ti w EKWB
    Graphics Card #21080ti w EKWB
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZXR
    MonitorAsus Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 2tb x 2 in RAID 0 (hopefully bootable)
    Storage #2HGST He10, 10 TB HDD
    CPU CoolerEK Custom water cooling Loop w XSPC rads
    CaseDigital Storm Aventum III
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
    Mouse Corsair M45/Glaive
    Headset Razer Tiamat 7.1/Corsair Wireless
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB
    Headset/Speakers Corsair RGB Wireless
    OS Windows 10 PRO
    Network RouterASUS AC5300
    Accessory #1 EVODESK 72inch standing desk
    Accessory #2 Oculus Rift, Vive, Pimax 8K X incoming

No I mean 18 cores, all running at 4.4GHz, and not burning down the VRMs because the Extreme only has an 8+4 setup.

Basically I'm wondering if I should switch the motherboard around to the Apex, just to be sure that on a large water loop setup I can comfortably run the 7980XE regularly at 4.4GHz.

More of a question for Raja as he has access to the engineers, and I'm sure this is a question that has come up on their end. And if it hasn't, what better time than now?

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Brighttail PC Specs
    Brighttail PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751JT
    MotherboardAsus x299 Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7900x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 3200Mhz 4x8
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080TI
    MonitorAcer XB321HK (4k,IPS,G-sync)
    Storage #1Intel 900p (Boot) 2xSM961 (RAID 0) Games
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cool
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Platinum 95
    Mouse Asus SPATHA
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800
    Headset/Speakers Kanyo Y5
    OS Windows 10 64 bit
    Accessory #1 2 x Alphacool Full Copper Radiator 420mm/280mm
    Accessory #2 Monsoon MMRS reservoir w/ 2 x D5 Vario Pump
    Accessory #3 Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

Quote Originally Posted by Brighttail View Post
    Bah, went to go order it today and they took down the post. No explanation.
    I got a reply from NCIX finally about why they had a pre-order up and then took it down for the Rampage Extreme VI. Seems like NCIX knew it was coming out and put up the page but in the end could not get an established time of when the board would be released and/or when they would get stock, despite multiple inquiries. Also apparently authorization to advertise it was yanked without explanation.

So I'm ready to buy this board. The APex is out and available in Canada. I've seen it, but I want the Rampage Extreme....

Anyone else see some place in Canada to get this?

B&H has it in the US but damn $140 Brokerge on top of the cost of the board hurts.
    Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 4x8 3200MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p in a bootable VROC RAID 0 / Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD
    Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Spatha
    Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Mavtop View Post
    No I mean 18 cores, all running at 4.4GHz, and not burning down the VRMs because the Extreme only has an 8+4 setup.

Basically I'm wondering if I should switch the motherboard around to the Apex, just to be sure that on a large water loop setup I can comfortably run the 7980XE regularly at 4.4GHz.

More of a question for Raja as he has access to the engineers, and I'm sure this is a question that has come up on their end. And if it hasn't, what better time than now?
    Yeah, Raja is the best resource and can confirm this.

But in regards to "the Extreme only has an 8+4 setup", theoretically the 8-pin delivers up to 336 watts at 28 amps, and the extra 4-pin delivers up to 192 watts at 16 amps. So the 8+4 is definitely no slouch compared to 8+8, and it is sufficient power for 18 cores, especially when you are not doing extreme OC (i.e. LN2 or LHe cooling) and just aiming for a mild 4.4 OC on all cores. The R6E VRM can also handle more than 400 watts of power. Trying for 4.9 on all 18 cores may bring you lots of problems and throttling, but less due to the inability to deliver power, assuming you have a good robust PSU with good cables, and more due to the dangerous CPU voltage and temperatues needed to reach that. Ryzen/Threadripper hit their voltage/thermal wall at 4.1 or 4.2 GHz on all cores. The 7900X hits the wall at about 4.8 GHz on all cores, unless you use LN2/LHe. And I really doubt that the 7980XE will OC better than the 7900X. Since the 7900X has been released for more than two months now, I have been scanning numerous sites looking for the fastest, yet stable and safe, OC that someone has done on all cores where the temp stayed under 90-C. I have looked across OCN, userbenchmark, pcpartpicker, hwbot, valid.x86.fr, etc, etc, and no one has posted a confirmed stable-and-safe 4.9 GHz on all cores with temps of low-80s or less, even with delidded 7900X CPUs. One guy's delidded 7900X reach 5.1 GHz on the Turbo Boost Max two fastest cores, but his temps tipped the 90s and he ended up settling for the two fastest cores at 4.9. So even delidding will get you only about 200 MHz extra OC, but not enough to reach 4.9 GHz on all cores.

Another reason that I think the R6E can totally handle the 7980XE with a big water loop (which is what I will also use) is that I am very sure that, with the R6E's very late release, Asus engineers very likely have a near-final engineering sample of the 7980XE to test with. The Asus engineers would not test overclocking the 7980XE on the R6E using LN2, but I would think that they have already tried various OC runs using the 7980XE on their R6E.

I really think that the R6E will be available for purchase within the next four weeks. Unless Intel's remaining HCC i9 CPUs are delayed... in which case the R6E will also be purposely delayed further since I think both mobo and CPUs are joined at the hip by a partnership agreement. If Intel's other i9s are delayed and not released on Sep 25, then the R6E will be released on a month ending in "ber". (just partially kidding!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Brighttail View Post
    I got a reply from NCIX finally about why they had a pre-order up and then took it down for the Rampage Extreme VI. Seems like NCIX knew it was coming out and put up the page but in the end could not get an established time of when the board would be released and/or when they would get stock, despite multiple inquiries. Also apparently authorization to advertise it was yanked without explanation.

So I'm ready to buy this board. The APex is out and available in Canada. I've seen it, but I want the Rampage Extreme....

Anyone else see some place in Canada to get this?

B&H has it in the US but damn $140 Brokerge on top of the cost of the board hurts.
    Umm, just to clarify, B&H has the R6E on "Preorder", but like all other retailers, B&H also does not have it in stock. Some retailers are letting your preorder the R6E, but that is just their way of saying, "Please preorder from us, and we will not charge your credit card until we are ready to ship. But by displaying a "Preorder" button, we hope to attract more sales compared to other sites that do not even let you preorder."

I have ordered tons of camera and video gear from B&H before. Their service and secure packaging of very expensive gear are better than Amazon and Newegg. For camera and video gear, B&H offers some of the best prices and they also are one of the first online retailers to receive stock of newly released camera and video gear. For computer gear though, while their prices are very competitive with Amazon and Newegg, and sometimes even cheaper, they usually do not receive newly released computer gear before Amazon and Newegg.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Brighttail PC Specs
    Brighttail PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751JT
    MotherboardAsus x299 Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7900x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 3200Mhz 4x8
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080TI
    MonitorAcer XB321HK (4k,IPS,G-sync)
    Storage #1Intel 900p (Boot) 2xSM961 (RAID 0) Games
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cool
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Platinum 95
    Mouse Asus SPATHA
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800
    Headset/Speakers Kanyo Y5
    OS Windows 10 64 bit
    Accessory #1 2 x Alphacool Full Copper Radiator 420mm/280mm
    Accessory #2 Monsoon MMRS reservoir w/ 2 x D5 Vario Pump
    Accessory #3 Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPurr View Post
    Umm, just to clarify, B&H has the R6E on "Preorder", but like all other retailers, B&H also does not have it in stock. Some retailers are letting your preorder the R6E, but that is just their way of saying, "Please preorder from us, and we will not charge your credit card until we are ready to ship. But by displaying a "Preorder" button, we hope to attract more sales compared to other sites that do not even let you preorder."

I have ordered tons of camera and video gear from B&H before. Their service and secure packaging of very expensive gear are better than Amazon and Newegg. For camera and video gear, B&H offers some of the best prices and they also are one of the first online retailers to receive stock of newly released camera and video gear. For computer gear though, while their prices are very competitive with Amazon and Newegg, and sometimes even cheaper, they usually do not receive newly released computer gear before Amazon and Newegg.

I've ordered items from B&H before and have no issues with them. Their prices are good. My issue is they are in the US. Their price of $649 which is about $815 CAD. That is fine....but then there is shipping and worst of all brokerage. B&H estimates over $150CAD for brokerage. So I'd rather buy it within canada than outside unless I can pick itup in the US while i'm here.
    Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 4x8 3200MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p in a bootable VROC RAID 0 / Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD
    Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Spatha
    Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Page 84 of 193 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 ... LastLast