Page 100 of 193 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1921
  1. #991
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    14

    Yeah I contacted both Newegg and Asus customer support and neither would give me an answer. *They both just pointed me to edgeup.asus.com

  2. #992
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    82

    Things that we are now one week closer to......

    1. Christmas
    2. Retirement
    3. Death
    4. The end of the World
    5. The sun burning out
    6. The R6E

  3. #993
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array FireRx PC Specs
    FireRx PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel 7900 X
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMD32GX4MA2800c16
    Graphics Card #1EGVA RTX 2080ti
    Sound Cardonboard
    MonitorLG 34" curved
    Storage #1Samsung 960 M2 SSD 1 terabyte
    Storage #2Samsumg 850 PRO SSD 1Tb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H80i
    CaseLian Li VS2000
    Power SupplyThermaltake 1200 modular
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech
    Headset Powerbeat2 wireless
    Mouse Pad Xtrac Ripper XL
    Headset/Speakers logitech
    OS Windows 10 Pro 17692
    Network RouterNetGear
    Accessory #1 Logitech G940 FLight gear
    FireRx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Reputation
    33
    Posts
    712

    if I were to Venture to guess even EVGA hasn't released thier version yet either. so stand by to Stand by.
    Intel Core i9 7900X @4.7ghz @1.219v
    Asus Rampage VI Extreme [bios 1902]
    LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
    Nvidia RTX 2080ti
    Windows 10 Pro

  4. #994
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Winks Leopoldo

    Quote Originally Posted by BroPhilip View Post
    Things that we are now one week closer to......

    1. Christmas
    2. Retirement
    3. Death
    4. The end of the World
    5. The sun burning out
    6. The R6E
    Hopefully not in that order

  5. #995
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    275

    Quote Originally Posted by onmybikedrunk View Post
    Yeah I contacted both Newegg and Asus customer support and neither would give me an answer. *They both just pointed me to edgeup.asus.com
    Meh... you are just wasting time by phoning/emaling Newegg, Amazon, Asus, etc, or by repeatedly asking Raja for release dates. And even if an individual customer support rep was to give you an answer, his reply likely has a very high margin of error, like that Amazon UK reply to someone earlier on this thread that I was quite doubtful of. All these companies have received dozens, or maybe even hundreds, of these release date inquiries by now, and some are probably tired to responding to these questions. So them telling you to read edgeup.asus.com is their way of saying: "We cannot tell you the release date, but here is a big stack of our glossy EdgeUp magazines that you can flip through while you patiently wait every week."

    If an R6E release date was not specified back in May when it was first announced at Computex, there will be no further publicized or leaked release date by now, so we can only wait and guess. Intel did previously publicize a Sep 25 release for their other HCC i9 CPUs. I just hope that Intel's HCC i9 CPUs are released on time at the end of this month. Otherwise, I think then both the HCC i9 chips and R-sexy mobo will slide into Oct. But if the HCC i9s are released at the end of this month, I think the R6E will also be released by the end of Sep. So there could be up to 3 more weeks of waiting. Although this week or next week would be better for those who are not waiting for an HCC i9, Intel probably hopes to sell more HCC i9s by asking Asus to delay the R6E. But if you are also waiting on an HCC i9 and EK R6E monoblock like I am, then there are still 3 missing pieces for a complete build.

  6. #996
    ROG Enthusiast Array Mavtop PC Specs
    Mavtop PC Specs
    MotherboardIncoming R6Extreme
    Processor7980XE
    Memory (part number)Corsair Platinum 64gb 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #11080ti w EKWB
    Graphics Card #21080ti w EKWB
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZXR
    MonitorAsus Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 2tb x 2 in RAID 0 (hopefully bootable)
    Storage #2HGST He10, 10 TB HDD
    CPU CoolerEK Custom water cooling Loop w XSPC rads
    CaseDigital Storm Aventum III
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
    Mouse Corsair M45/Glaive
    Headset Razer Tiamat 7.1/Corsair Wireless
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB
    Headset/Speakers Corsair RGB Wireless
    OS Windows 10 PRO
    Network RouterASUS AC5300
    Accessory #1 EVODESK 72inch standing desk
    Accessory #2 Oculus Rift, Vive, Pimax 8K X incoming

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    63

    Honestly, I think some people are correct about the new boards not coming out until the HCC i9's are released.

    The HCC chips (12, 14, 16, and 18 cores) seem to behave more like the performance chips we are used to, I don't know if this is due to the larger area that is in contact with the IHS or what. But the overclocks that have been leaking out ie. the 7980XE overclocks at 4.5GHz are at reasonable temps.

    The motherboards from Asus and EVGA should both be excellent samples, and as indicated with Tiny Tom Logans review on OC3D.

    Looking forward to this flagship, as it's gonna be my vessel for awhile on the open seas of the interwebs.

    So we are looking at likely a few more weeks until the i9's are released, and expecting the R6E to be a part of that release party.

    So be patient, let the reviewers and overclockers help work out the bugs so that we can bask in the glory of the R6E and a HCC i9.

  7. #997
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    275

    Quote Originally Posted by Mavtop View Post
    Honestly, I think some people are correct about the new boards not coming out until the HCC i9's are released.

    The HCC chips (12, 14, 16, and 18 cores) seem to behave more like the performance chips we are used to, I don't know if this is due to the larger area that is in contact with the IHS or what. But the overclocks that have been leaking out ie. the 7980XE overclocks at 4.5GHz are at reasonable temps.

    The motherboards from Asus and EVGA should both be excellent samples, and as indicated with Tiny Tom Logans review on OC3D.

    Looking forward to this flagship, as it's gonna be my vessel for awhile on the open seas of the interwebs.

    So we are looking at likely a few more weeks until the i9's are released, and expecting the R6E to be a part of that release party.

    So be patient, let the reviewers and overclockers help work out the bugs so that we can bask in the glory of the R6E and a HCC i9.
    I think this HCC-R6E Intel-Asus release date partnership was decided back in April or May. And it is not just due to the R6E and R6A being a better board for 18-core CPUs. But the target audience who will spend $650 on a mobo is also more likely to spend $1400 to $2000 on a CPU. In looking across numerous social media postings, I see plenty of people comment that they really like the R6E, but then they balk at the $650 price. And if you balk at the $650 mobo price, you will likely balk even more at spending more than $2000 to $2650 just for a mobo and CPU. Intel knows this, and if the R6E was released in August, far more people would have just bought the 7900X instead of waiting another month. And the HCC i9 chips have a higher profit margin for Intel.

  8. #998
    ROG Enthusiast Array Mavtop PC Specs
    Mavtop PC Specs
    MotherboardIncoming R6Extreme
    Processor7980XE
    Memory (part number)Corsair Platinum 64gb 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #11080ti w EKWB
    Graphics Card #21080ti w EKWB
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZXR
    MonitorAsus Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 2tb x 2 in RAID 0 (hopefully bootable)
    Storage #2HGST He10, 10 TB HDD
    CPU CoolerEK Custom water cooling Loop w XSPC rads
    CaseDigital Storm Aventum III
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
    Mouse Corsair M45/Glaive
    Headset Razer Tiamat 7.1/Corsair Wireless
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB
    Headset/Speakers Corsair RGB Wireless
    OS Windows 10 PRO
    Network RouterASUS AC5300
    Accessory #1 EVODESK 72inch standing desk
    Accessory #2 Oculus Rift, Vive, Pimax 8K X incoming

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    63

    I'm hoping that the wait is meant to be a time for the developers to work out all the kinks in the software, so when it hits, it will benchmark better, go faster, remain stable, and generally Intel can once again say "We are the fastest consumer oriented experience bar none."

    I've got high hopes for the 7980XE, it gives me enough flexibility to not only run consumer apps and games, but enough horsepower to compile relatively quickly, and "EXTREME" multitask, which means I shouldn't have to compromise anymore on what processes are running in the background when I'm trying to stream at the same time.

    Supercross between workstation & consumer.

  9. #999
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    275

    Quote Originally Posted by Mavtop View Post
    I'm hoping that the wait is meant to be a time for the developers to work out all the kinks in the software, so when it hits, it will benchmark better, go faster, remain stable, and generally Intel can once again say "We are the fastest consumer oriented experience bar none."

    I've got high hopes for the 7980XE, it gives me enough flexibility to not only run consumer apps and games, but enough horsepower to compile relatively quickly, and "EXTREME" multitask, which means I shouldn't have to compromise anymore on what processes are running in the background when I'm trying to stream at the same time.

    Supercross between workstation & consumer.
    I also hope that the wait results in bigger initial shipments to all retailers, especially the bigger retailers in each country, with at least 150 units for many of the big retailers. That would be an epic fail if retailers still only received 40 to 60 boxes after a 3-month delay.

    The last BIOS update was exactly 3 weeks ago, which included "Upgrade DRAM compatibility and performance". But with TTL's R6E review showing slower memory performance, they obviously need another BIOS fix for memory.

    If you are doing big compiles, you absolutely need to use a RAM Disk, which will make even RAIDed NVMe SSDs feel sluggish. My software work is all done on i7 SSD-equipped laptops using RAM Disks for compilations. My gaming build remains as a delidded/OCed 7700K with two 1080 Ti GPUs. So my i9 builds are solely for 4K video and photo processing.

    I wonder what the next Rampage VII Extreme will later look like after Asus has raised the aesthetics bar so high on the VI? With In Win's Signature Series cases, they have now pushed the envelope to make a totally spherical clear PC case called the Winbot that looks like Pac-Man when you raise its lid.
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 09-11-2017 at 08:04 PM.

  10. #1000
    ROG Member Array rzotti PC Specs
    rzotti PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel I9 7900x @ 4.6GHZ (dellided/binned)
    Memory (part number)2 x16GB G.Skill DDR4 TridentZ RGB 4266Mhz PC4-34100 CL19 1.4V Dual Channel Kit (2x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GEFORCE STRIX 1080 TI OC
    Graphics Card #2ASUS GEFORCE STRIX 1080 TI OC
    MonitorSAMSUNG 29" ULTRAWIDE MONITOR S29E790C
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 PRO x3 (2 in raid 0, 1 for boot)
    Storage #2WD BLACK 6TB
    CPU CoolerEKWB CUSTOM COOLING
    CasePHANTEKS ELITE
    Power SupplyEVGA 1600W
    Keyboard CORSAIR GAMING K95 RGB PLATINUM
    Mouse LOGITECH G903 WIRELESS GAMING MOUSE
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Also waiting on the board to be released to get my setup completed ... While it is hard to cope with all the waiting, It has been great so far to follow all the amazing discussions here and even know we have some fellow Brazilians visiting this thread ! A question for you guys also waiting for this board - which case are you considering for your setup ? I myself am torn apart between the several phanteks, in win, li lian and thermaltake alternatives.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 100 of 193 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •