Page 125 of 193 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1925
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Brighttail View Post
    Raja said: "Aquacomputer make inline sensors that you'd plug into those headers. If you want more than just monitoring, though, I'd go for an Aquaero. That's what I use here."

The Aquacomputer is a device you plug into your loop and it gives you temp, flow, ect, the problem tho, is that it is kinda noisy and 'clicks'. Being that this sensor pin is at the very top of the motherboard, it seems to me that it was put there for a monoblock exactly like this. Asus' own Formula block uses the connector.

EK would have to put out a completely different monoblock as this monoblock wouldn't have the sensors needed.
    Yes, and some other water-cooling companies could add inline sensors that make use of the WB_SENSOR. But like I said, I am "mildly disappointed", but not disappointed enough to see what Bitspower will do, because the WB_SENSOR is more of a water-cooling "gadget" for me. I really like the aesthetics of the fully clear EK monoblock, especially after I install it without its "RAMPAGE VI" bottom black bracket and add other glass plates to the mobo.

And even as much as I think that OLED display is outrageously cool with its graphical display of boot stages and diagnostics, once I have finalized my build, I will not be staring at the OLED every time that I boot up, unless there is a system problem.

ROG Enthusiast Array ExcessiveGBH's Avatar

Will my Swift Tech water cooler currently on my Rampage 4 screw straight on to the Rampage 6 CPU mount? Or do need to buy a new one?
    System specs
    Win 10 64 bit Pro 20H2
    Rampage VI Extreme
    BIOS 3403
    I9 10920 @5.0GHz all cores
    EK-KIT G360 (CPU only)
    Samsung 960 PRO M.2 NVMe 1TB
    Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PLUS NVMe 2TB
    ADATA XPG S40G RGB M.2 NVMe 4TB
    1 Samsung SSD 4TB EVO
    1 x 10TB drive
    1 x 4TB drive
    1 x 2TB drive
    ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 OC 24GB @2010MHz
    32GB G Skill Trident Z 3466MHz 15-17-17-37
    Corsair 1200w psu
    Sound Denon AVC-A1
    Panasonic 65 plasma
    Predator XB321HK

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Brighttail PC Specs
    Brighttail PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751JT
    MotherboardAsus x299 Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7900x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 3200Mhz 4x8
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080TI
    MonitorAcer XB321HK (4k,IPS,G-sync)
    Storage #1Intel 900p (Boot) 2xSM961 (RAID 0) Games
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cool
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Platinum 95
    Mouse Asus SPATHA
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800
    Headset/Speakers Kanyo Y5
    OS Windows 10 64 bit
    Accessory #1 2 x Alphacool Full Copper Radiator 420mm/280mm
    Accessory #2 Monsoon MMRS reservoir w/ 2 x D5 Vario Pump
    Accessory #3 Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

Quote Originally Posted by ExcessiveGBH View Post
    Will my Swift Tech water cooler currently on my Rampage 4 screw straight on to the Rampage 6 CPU mount? Or do need to buy a new one?
    I have an Apogee XL which uses the 2011-3 mount will work with the 2066 CPUs. It should be the same threads. I would be more worried about how old it is.

@dragonpurr I agree, I don't need flow rate info and I already have a temp sensor so meh.
    Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD
    Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram
    Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

New ROGer Array

Hi all, I have been monitoring this forum thread for a while now anticipating to acquire my first ever ROG Extreme mobo. I thought the US or European online retailers would have them first so like everyone I have been hitting Amazon links everyday over the past couple of weeks.

Then on Sunday I decided to try a couple of local retailers here in HK and surprisingly they both said they have physical stocks already. In fact one of them had already sold out. Luckily another one still has a couple in stock so I quickly snatched one even though I have no CPU for it yet (waiting for the 7980XE).

Here are some pics of it. For those who happen to visit HK in the near term and want to grab one you should visit the Golden Computer Arcade in Shum Shui Po. *

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5092.JPG 
Views:	330 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	67499*

Name:	IMG_5093.JPG 
Views:	327 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	67500*

Name:	IMG_5095.JPG 
Views:	328 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	67501*

Name:	IMG_5097.JPG 
Views:	327 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	67502*

Name:	IMG_5098.JPG 
Views:	326 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	67503*

Name:	IMG_5099.JPG 
Views:	328 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	67504*
    Last edited by mikeylam; 09-19-2017 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighttail View Post
    So I have a question for you all. I'm looking for a CHEAP fan I can use on the CPU that will have clearance for my Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM. The purpose is to test the motherboard and such outside my case before I put it in my case and set up the watercooling. With the Rampage 5 Edition 10, I had two motherboards arrive to me with issues and had to drain and take my whole computer apart twice and rebuild it three times.

Suggestions?
    No one answered your "CHEAP fan" question yet, so here is my suggestion... but it does not involve a "CHEAP fan". Here is what I am about to do with my R6E that will be delivered tomorrow: use a Noctua NH-D15S CPU air cooler, costing about $80 USD. The Noctua NH-D15S and NH-D15 are the best CPU air coolers, and they beat out more than 90% of all AIO liquid coolers for cooling, and beat out 99% of all AIO coolers for noise levels. The D15S version has improved GPU compatibility in that it will not bump into the GPU installed in the top PCIe slot, whereas the D15 may bump into the top GPU placement on some mobos. And the D15S/D15 have clearance for most of the Dominator, TridentZ, etc, taller RAM.

So why spend this money on the NH-D15S instead of a cheap air cooler since you are going to use a water loop anyway? With the NH-D15S, you can not only do a POST test, check that all DIMM slots, headers, ports, PCIe slots work, etc, but with the D15S cooler installed, you can also enable XMP, do an OC to 4.4 or 4.5 GHz using a 7900X (and, yes, maybe also OC to 4.6 or 4.7 GHz if you buy a second fan for the D15S), and install Windows, either because you are waiting on water-cooling parts or because you just want to do some quick POST tests and look for defects that require RMA. So when you have all your loop parts ready to install and you have tested the mobo on air, you just unscrew the air cooler, clean and re-apply thermal paste, and proceed with your full loop.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeylam View Post
    Hi all, I have been monitoring this forum thread for a while now anticipating to acquire my first ever ROG Extreme mobo. I thought the US or European online retailers would have them first so like everyone I have been hitting Amazon links everyday over the past couple of weeks.

Then on Sunday I decided to try a couple of local retailers here in HK and surprisingly they both said they have physical stocks already. In fact one of them had already sold out. Luckily another one still has a couple in stock so I quickly snatched one even though I have no CPU for it yet (waiting for the 7980XE).

Here are some pics of it. For those who happen to visit HK in the near term and want to grab one you should visit the Golden Computer Arcade in Shum Shui Po
    Hey Mikey... In earlier decades, the U.S. previously was the country that had the first access to most consumer electronics. But now with most products being manufactured in China, the Pacific Rim of Asia, including Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Malaysia, Korea, etc receive the first shipments before anyone else, except a few American-branded products such as Apple still show up in the U.S. first. So your HK stores probably already had the Extreme mobo two or three weeks ago since the Kiwis already had the Extreme mobo in their NZ stores several weeks ago. I am Chinese myself, originally from Taipei. I speak Mandarin, but not Cantonese ;-) I visited Taipei for two weeks this past February and it is always fun roaming the electronics stores there because you see hundreds of electronics brands that are not even sold in the U.S. HK stores are also fun to browse for electronics.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array skypine27 PC Specs
    skypine27 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    Processor5960x
    Graphics Card #1Titan X
    Graphics Card #2Titan X

Mikey, check your PMs. *Am also an expat working in HKG and want to go grab an R6E on Monday but havent been to SSP in a long time....

I'm in Taipei the next couple of days for work, might check their big computer mall to see if they have them, but like you (Mikey anyway) I am not going to build my system until I can get a 7980XE and a new mono block.

EK has a new mono block ready to ship this week, I just ordered it:
    https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fb-asus...-acetal-nickel

The wires coming out of it are for RGB stuff, not the flow/temp sensor headers on the mobo. *What can I buy to "plug" into these headers??

Ive seen stuff like this:
    http://www.aquatuning.us/water-cooli...engewinde-g1/4

that appear like they would screw into any standard fitting and allow a normal barb to be screwed into them? *They are the regular 2 x pin generic temp sensors.*

Any suggestions for "gadgets" to plug into the new water-cooling sensors on the R6E?**
    *CPU: Intel 10980XE @ 5.0 ghz (by Core usage) w/ EK monoblock
    *Mobo: Asus Rampage VIE
    *RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000 G.Skill TridentZ
    *Graphics: Gigabite 3090 Waterforce
    *Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3418DW @ 120hz
    *Storage OS: Samsung SM970 Pro (2TB) Windows 10
    *Storage Games Internal: 4TB 850 EVO RAID0
    *Storage Extermal: 48TB Raid0 (External USB 3.1 Box)
    *Case/PSU: Thermaltake V71 TG/RGB + 3 Rads (120mm, 360mm, 420mm) + Corsair AX1200i PSU

Quote Originally Posted by skypine27 View Post
    Mikey, check your PMs. *Am also an expat working in HKG and want to go grab an R6E on Monday but havent been to SSP in a long time....

I'm in Taipei the next couple of days for work, might check their big computer mall to see if they have them, but like you (Mikey anyway) I am not going to build my system until I can get a 7980XE and a new mono block.

EK has a new mono block ready to ship this week, I just ordered it:
    https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fb-asus...-acetal-nickel

The wires coming out of it are for RGB stuff, not the flow/temp sensor headers on the mobo. *What can I buy to "plug" into these headers??

Ive seen stuff like this:
    http://www.aquatuning.us/water-cooli...engewinde-g1/4

that appear like they would screw into any standard fitting and allow a normal barb to be screwed into them? *They are the regular 2 x pin generic temp sensors.*

Any suggestions for "gadgets" to plug into the new water-cooling sensors on the R6E?**
    I don't think there is a water flow/meter/sensor/gadget that plugs right into the R6E's 9-pin WB_SENSOR right now. Hopefully some other water-cooling component companies offer sensors later on. In the KitGuru video interview with ROG product manager Kris Huang, Kris specifically mentioned that Asus talked to both EK and Bitspower about how to utilize the WB_SENSOR in their monoblocks. Unless the extra sensor cable is not shown on EK's monoblock product photos, EK did not add that functionality. Bitspower was the company that designed the monoblock pre-installed on the Maximus IX Extreme, which also connected to the same 9-pin sensor. So if you want that feature, wait for the Bitspower monoblock. However, if Bitspower also does not offer sensor support, they have no excuse because they already have the previous design experience. It will also be interesting to see how Bitspower handles, or doesn't handle, the heatsinking of the 10G Aquantia chip since no monoblock can directly cool that chip located underneath the I/O cover.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array skypine27 PC Specs
    skypine27 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    Processor5960x
    Graphics Card #1Titan X
    Graphics Card #2Titan X

Dragon:

I cant confirm since I don't have the new EK mono block in hand, but I would guess that the only wires on it are for RBG sync. *In none of the pics does anything at all look like it would plug into that special WB_SENSOR header. *

I didn't know Bitspower was possibly making one. *I have the EK block on pre order and will likely stick with that even though it won't have sensor functionality. *(just because of time constraints, I'm itching to build soon) *Thx tho!
    *CPU: Intel 10980XE @ 5.0 ghz (by Core usage) w/ EK monoblock
    *Mobo: Asus Rampage VIE
    *RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000 G.Skill TridentZ
    *Graphics: Gigabite 3090 Waterforce
    *Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3418DW @ 120hz
    *Storage OS: Samsung SM970 Pro (2TB) Windows 10
    *Storage Games Internal: 4TB 850 EVO RAID0
    *Storage Extermal: 48TB Raid0 (External USB 3.1 Box)
    *Case/PSU: Thermaltake V71 TG/RGB + 3 Rads (120mm, 360mm, 420mm) + Corsair AX1200i PSU

Quote Originally Posted by skypine27 View Post
    Dragon:

I cant confirm since I don't have the new EK mono block in hand, but I would guess that the only wires on it are for RBG sync. *In none of the pics does anything at all look like it would plug into that special WB_SENSOR header. *

I didn't know Bitspower was possibly making one. *I have the EK block on pre order and will likely stick with that even though it won't have sensor functionality. *(just because of time constraints, I'm itching to build soon) *Thx tho!
    I have not seen any concrete confirmation or formal announcement directly from Bitspower that they are releasing a R6E monoblock or CPU-only waterblock, but the rumors have been frequently popping up since July and August. And thus there is also no confirmed, or even estimated, release date since everything I have heard has been coming from the rumor mill. I don't think Bitspower will make R6E full-cover waterblocks like their previous ROG mobo designs because that would totally ruin the R6E aesthetics. The Asus ROG product manager just mentioned both EK and Bitspower as the two companies that they contacted about the WB_SENSOR. And since Bitspower previously designed the Maximus IX Extreme waterblock that used the sensor connection, unlike EK, Bitspower has the previous experience to create it for the R6E. It would be a wasted effort if Asus told EK and Bitspower about the WB_SENSOR and neither company made a waterblock that used it.

I fully understand the "itching to build" feeling. We all have been feeling that itch for three months now, and some people's itch broke out into a rash and they bought the Apex instead.

Page 125 of 193 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 ... LastLast