Page 127 of 193 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1925
    ROG Enthusiast Array Franziska PC Specs
    Franziska PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    Processor5930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair DP DDR4 2800 16GB (4x4)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980
    Sound CardFostex HP-A3 (USB)
    MonitorNEC PA272W
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2Seagate Constellation ES.3 4TB (2x RAID0)
    CPU CoolerAquacomputer Kryus Cuplex (Custom WC Loop)
    CaseCorsair 750D
    Power SupplySeasonic Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 3 TKL
    Mouse Mionix Avior 7000
    OS Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by mpoffo View Post
    Also, are there instructions some where on how to remove the chipset cover. 2 of the mounting screws are covered by it. I see one screw for the cover but was not sure if there were more. Or is it not necessary to use those to mounting holes?
    That's why I asked about this a couple times already. In the (Taiwanese?) video linked a few pages back it looks like the black top part with the ROG logo is just clipped into the lower part of the armor. If you can't use these 2 installation screws I'm worried the board might bend a little bit once installed or wont properly align or it will bend when pulling out a graphics card of the first PCIe slot that is in that region of the board. I don't know, it just doesn't sound good to me at all to not use these 2 screws when installing the board in a case or motherboard tray.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array mpoffo PC Specs
    mpoffo PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel 7900x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR = 32 GB 3200 Kit
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia Geforce 1080 FE
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia Geforce 1080 FE
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorNvidia Surround (5960 x 1080)
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Pro256 GB/850 Evo 500 GB
    Storage #2WD 2 TB & 4TB Black Hard Drives
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 - RGB
    Mouse Corsair Glaive
    Headset Turtle Beach Surround
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB Polaris
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 5.1 Surround THX Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk x10 R9000 w/ Plex
    Accessory #1 Corsair Comm. w/ Corsair HD Fans - NZXT Hue +
    Accessory #2 DX Racer King Series Chair
    Accessory #3 3D Printer/HTC VIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Franziska View Post
    That's why I asked about this a couple times already. In the (Taiwanese?) video linked a few pages back it looks like the black top part with the ROG logo is just clipped into the lower part of the armor. If you can't use these 2 installation screws I'm worried the board might bend a little bit once installed or wont properly align or it will bend when pulling out a graphics card of the first PCIe slot that is in that region of the board. I don't know, it just doesn't sound good to me at all to not use these 2 screws when installing the board in a case or motherboard tray.
    Thanks I guess I will look at that video. I had started to watch it but skipped around a lot.
    RVIE X299 System:
    Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
    Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | EVGA GTX 1080 in SLI (x2) | Nvidia 2D Surround Set-up
    Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive
    Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by mpoffo View Post
    Hello fellow RVIEer's. I got my board today and all basically looks good. Like others some of the plastic protection was coming off but not too bad. Extremely happy to have it!

Anyway take a look at this pic:

It appears that the one screw hole for the VRM heatsink fan brace is rusted? I have not tried screwing the screw in it yet. I assume it will not cause issues with functionality but I am a bit disappointed to see it. It did not rub off so it is not a compound that I am aware of. I am wondering if others have this issue. If the screw hole works then I will live with it although I rather not have the blemish there to begin with I suppose. Raja any thoughts on how I can address this?

Also, are there instructions some where on how to remove the chipset cover. 2 of the mounting screws are covered by it. I see one screw for the cover but was not sure if there were more. Or is it not necessary to use those to mounting holes?
    To remove the PCH chipset cover, just unscrew the one visible screw that is located over the on-board M.2 slot's armor and located above the bottom PCIe slot. Once you remove that screw, the M.2 armor cover is attached to the black PCH cover and the whole thing lifts off easily as one piece.

I looked at the two screw holes on my VRM heatsinks, and they don't have any blemishes there. Is that the only blemish you see? I scanned over my three mobos using a magnifying glass this afternoon and could not find any scratch, discoloration, or sign of use, even though the PCH cover on all three mobos had an polygonal smudge outline as if there used to be a plastic sheet lightly glued onto the cover, but someone removed the plastic sheet on the PCH cover on all the mobos.

There are also 11 screws on the back of the mobo that would require you to possibly unscrew the mobo from your case's standoffs after you have installed it, depending upon how big your case's mobo tray cutout opening is:

Two screws mount the VRM heatsink.
    Two screws, outlined in silver, mount the "Republic of Gamers" block.
    Two screws, outlined in silver, mount the I/O cover.
    Two screws mount the I/O cover's heatsink.
    One screw mounts the "SupremeFX" audio cover.
    Two screws, outlined in silver, mount the top part of the PCIe armor. You would need to remove these to replace the CMOS battery that is hidden under the top area of the PCIe armor. It would have been nice if these screws were accessible from the front of the mobo, but I understand why Asus put these two screws on the back for a clean look on the armor.
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 09-20-2017 at 01:46 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Franziska View Post
    It is possible to use all 9 mounting holes. The armor is two parts, you remove the screw that is visible between the 3rd and 4th PCIe x16 slots and you can then remove the lower right part of the armor from the top of the board. Once removed you have access to the mounting screws underneath.

Sorry for the pic quality, but this should give an idea:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170919_212210851.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	251.2 KB 
ID:	67531

Name:	IMG_20170919_212129755.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	67532
    Last edited by Vislor72; 09-20-2017 at 01:34 AM.

mpoffo PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel 7900x
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Mouse Corsair Glaive

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPurr View Post
    To remove the PCH chipset cover, just unscrew the one visible screw that is located over the on-board M.2 slot's armor and located above the bottom PCIe slot. Once you remove that screw, the M.2 armor cover is attached to the black PCH cover and the whole thing lifts off easily as one piece.

I looked at the two screw holes on my VRM heatsinks, and they don't have any blemishes there. Is that the only blemish you see? I scanned over my three mobos using a magnifying glass this afternoon and could not find any scratch, discoloration, or sign of use, even though the PCH cover on all three mobos had an polygonal smudge outline as if there used to be a plastic sheet lightly glued onto the cover, but someone removed the plastic sheet on the PCH cover on all the mobos.

There are also 11 screws on the back of the mobo that would require you to possibly unscrew the mobo from your case's standoffs after you have installed it, depending upon how big your case's mobo tray cutout opening is:

Two screws mount the VRM heatsink.
    Two screws, outlined in silver, mount the "Republic of Gamers" block.
    Two screws, outlined in silver, mount the top part of the PCIe armor. You would need to remove these to replace the CMOS battery that is hidden under the top area of the PCIe armor. It would have been nice if these screws were accessible from the front of the mobo, but I understand why Asus put these two screws on the back.
    Two screws, outlined in silver, mount the I/O cover.
    Two screws mount the I/O cover's heatsink.
    One screw mounts the "SupremeFX" audio cover.
    I didn't see any other issues. It appears to be the only blemish. I won't have time to play with things until the end of the week. If the screw hole works I will live with it. If not I wonder if I can get a replacement heat sink.
    RVIE X299 System:
    Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
    Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | EVGA GTX 1080 in SLI (x2) | Nvidia 2D Surround Set-up
    Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive

mpoffo PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel 7900x
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Mouse Corsair Glaive

Quote Originally Posted by Vislor72 View Post
    It is possible to use all 9 mounting holes. The armor is two parts, you remove the screw that is visible between the 3rd and 4th PCIe x16 slots and you can then remove the lower right part of the armor from the top of the board. Once removed you have access to the mounting screws underneath.

Name:	IMG_20170919_212210851.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	251.2 KB 
ID:	67531

Name:	IMG_20170919_212129755.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	67532
    Thanks! Very helpful!
    RVIE X299 System:

ROG Enthusiast Array ExcessiveGBH's Avatar

[QUOTE=Brighttail;675374]I have an Apogee XL which uses the 2011-3 mount will work with the 2066 CPUs. It should be the same threads. I would be more worried about how old it is.

Thanks for clearing that up but the age part has been on my mind as well, so have now ordered this https://www.pccasegear.com/products/...tercooling-kit
    System specs
    Win 10 64 bit Pro 20H2
    Rampage VI Extreme
    BIOS 3403
    I9 10920 @5.0GHz all cores
    EK-KIT G360 (CPU only)
    Samsung 960 PRO M.2 NVMe 1TB
    Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PLUS NVMe 2TB
    ADATA XPG S40G RGB M.2 NVMe 4TB
    1 Samsung SSD 4TB EVO
    1 x 10TB drive
    1 x 4TB drive
    1 x 2TB drive
    ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 OC 24GB @2010MHz
    32GB G Skill Trident Z 3466MHz 15-17-17-37
    Corsair 1200w psu
    Sound Denon AVC-A1
    Panasonic 65 plasma
    Predator XB321HK

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Brighttail View Post
    Ah the Tou 2.0... that is a case. Much sleeker and sexier than the Phanteks Enthoo Elite and also 2x more expensive and well out of my price range. hehe.

With the Tou 2.0 you have really two main places for rads, the front an top. Do you have only one rad or another on the front? That is a lot of positive pressure with intake from top, front and bottom with exhaust only out the rear. I can't wait to see your build in that case. Even if I could afford just the case, I would have to then change my 140mm rads to 120mm. Too much to change.

You also missed my question on the thermal paste/pads you use. Will you change your thermal pads on the monoblock?
    For thermal pads, I just use the ones supplied by EK both on their MSI Pro Carbon and R6E monoblocks, and also the thermal pads included with their M.2 heatsinks. My three favorite thermal pastes are Thermal Grizzly, Noctua's NT-H1, and Gelid GC-Extreme. Everyone seems to have their favorite thermal paste and favorite toothpaste, and those are my three favs. I have bought a lot of Noctua air coolers and fans, including three NH-D15S, two NH-U12S, and one NH-U9S that is used on an Asus Z170i Mini-ITX build, and I still have some tubes of their NT-H1 and it works very well.

As mentioned, I just have the 360 rad on top, and three Corsair HD120 RGB fans on the front. The glass panels on the Tou 2.0 are have gaps around the panes, so they actually work like exhaust vents with positively-pressured airflow without the need to actually add exhaust fans. So even though my front, top, and bottom fans all point inward, the airflow goes from front to rear and also exits through the side panels' gaps. A good way to check your airflow while you adjust your fan curves is to slowly move a burning stick of incense around the outside of the case and see where the smoke enters and exits the case. In Win shows an airflow diagram for the Tou where the air goes from the geometric holes on the bottom floor up through the top geometric grill. But I place the 360 rad on top with the push-pull intake fans pointing down because the best way to cool the CPU is to use intake fans, not exhaust fans, pushing outside cool air through the rad. If you look at the Tou 2.0, while you can mount a second 360 rad on the front, the small slits around the front glass panels do not provide the best airflow. So the best rad position is on top. That was why I mentioned the Tou has quirky airflow in my previous post.

I also have both the black and white Corsair 570X cases, a Phanteks Luxe tempered glass case, and a Phanteks Evolv ATX tempered glass case that I am currently modifying to use the front and top glass panels of the 570X, to improve airflow and aesthetics. So when I am done with the mod, my Evolv will look very similar to the 570X on the exterior, with a much better interior than the 570X. My six Tou 2.0 cases are my favorites and I am enamored with its mirrored glass, partly because I have been creating glass art myself since 1989. I make everything from matching sets of glass bracelets/necklaces/earrings for my wife to large 5'x5' stained glass picture windows. People have spent more than $10K on a single oil painting that just hangs on a wall, so at least the Tou 2.0 is functional art, and it will outlast all other components in my builds, so spending more on a PC case that you like is never wasted money.

Speaking of the Phanteks Luxe tempered glass case, you should also consider that case. It is less than half the cost of the Lian Li V3000, but it has excellent flexible configuration options and it fits a 420 rad on top. It is not as big as the V3000, but it looks more stylish. I am using my Luxe case as a file server, and I like how I can cool 7200-RPM hard drives using front and rear push-pull fans. I am using the Luxe's three 5.25" bays for an*Icy Dock Black Vortex 4-Bay hot-swap drive cage:

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Luxe-TemperedGlass.html

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Brighttail PC Specs
    Brighttail PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751JT
    MotherboardAsus x299 Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7900x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 3200Mhz 4x8
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080TI
    MonitorAcer XB321HK (4k,IPS,G-sync)
    Storage #1Intel 900p (Boot) 2xSM961 (RAID 0) Games
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cool
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Platinum 95
    Mouse Asus SPATHA
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800
    Headset/Speakers Kanyo Y5
    OS Windows 10 64 bit
    Accessory #1 2 x Alphacool Full Copper Radiator 420mm/280mm
    Accessory #2 Monsoon MMRS reservoir w/ 2 x D5 Vario Pump
    Accessory #3 Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

Well I just got a reply from EK about the 10 G chip situation:
    "Thank you for contacting us.
    Yes, the stock heatsink is to be removed from the motherboard and the monoblock will cover all the essential cooling including the 10G chip, otherwise, it wouldn't be made for it. The manuals are still in works and once the monoblock goes out of pre-order, they will be added to the webshop. The monoblock will cover the 10G as well as we got information from our development team.
    It's going to be this part of the monoblock which replaces the stock heatsink 10G: Thank you for contacting us.
    Yes, the stock heatsink is to be removed from the motherboard and the monoblock will cover all the essential cooling including the 10G chip, otherwise, it wouldn't be made for it. The manuals are still in works and once the monoblock goes out of pre-order, they will be added to the webshop. The monoblock will cover the 10G as well as we got information from our development team.
    It's going to be this part of the monoblock which replaces the stock heatsink 10G: "

So it looks good.
    Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD
    Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram
    Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

ROG Enthusiast Array Franziska PC Specs
    Franziska PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    Processor5930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair DP DDR4 2800 16GB (4x4)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980
    Sound CardFostex HP-A3 (USB)
    MonitorNEC PA272W
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2Seagate Constellation ES.3 4TB (2x RAID0)
    CPU CoolerAquacomputer Kryus Cuplex (Custom WC Loop)
    CaseCorsair 750D
    Power SupplySeasonic Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 3 TKL
    Mouse Mionix Avior 7000
    OS Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Vislor72 View Post

Thanks for the pictures!

Page 127 of 193 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 ... LastLast