Page 107 of 193 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1925
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Exzelsior View Post
    I'm combing the web since months ago, pbtech has boards listed at least for the last 2 weeks. Their stock changed a few times already. I hope they have the real deal, meanwhile waiting for it in Europe sucks...
    And even as of today, there has not been a single R6E unboxing video posted by someone wanting to show off their new shiny toy.

A few reviewers have displayed one photo or video of the R6E (e.g. https://twitter.com/tarektechs/statu...78906593927169 ) , overclock3d.net posted a good review of it, and Netherlands modder Peter Brands created a sponsored R6E build that Asus displayed at the IFA Berlin trade show that ended on Sep 6. And that has been it for R6E mobos spotted in the wild.

So the PB Tech mystery awaits...
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 09-13-2017 at 08:50 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Haha this is a phantom for sure.

I'm going to call them tomorrow & request a photo of the item before shipping! *

ROG Enthusiast Array

This pc shop in NZ also has it instock, the apex is also listed...

*https://www.pp.co.nz/Motherboards-Socket2066.php

Is it possible that NZ has been flooded with these boards & the rest of the world is cut off?

Lol*

Quote Originally Posted by badjz View Post
    This pc shop in NZ also has it instock, the apex is also listed...

*https://www.pp.co.nz/Motherboards-Socket2066.php

Is it possible that NZ has been flooded with these boards & the rest of the world is cut off?

Lol*
    On that Paradigm PCs Web site, click [Add To Cart], click the [Checkout] button on the top menu row of buttons, click the [Edit Order] button at the middle of the Checkout page, change the "Qty" field from "1" to "999", click [Update Order] so it now says "Total Cart Value: $1194804.00", click the [Continue to checkout] button, and their Web site will still happily let you enter payment details to buy 999 R6E mobos. So does that mean they have 999 R6E mobos in-stock? As the saying goes: Caveat Emptor. R6E sightings have been like UFO sightings for the past two months - plenty of R6E "in-stock" listings have been seen, but not a single one has been confirmed.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPurr View Post
    On that Paradigm PCs Web site, click [Add To Cart], click the [Checkout] button on the top menu row of buttons, click the [Edit Order] button at the middle of the Checkout page, change the "Qty" field from "1" to "999", click [Update Order] so it now says "Total Cart Value: $1194804.00", click the [Continue to checkout] button, and their Web site will still happily let you enter payment details to buy 999 R6E mobos. So does that mean they have 999 R6E mobos in-stock? As the saying goes: Caveat Emptor. R6E sightings have been like UFO sightings for the past two months - plenty of R6E "in-stock" listings have been seen, but not a single one has been confirmed.
    I took the same approach with pbtech;

Added 5 in the cart & it suggested a 4 day delivery timeline
    * Added 6 in the cart & *it changed to no shipment date is currently available

So that's encouraging, I guess...*

I took the same approach with pbtech;

Added 5 in the cart & it suggested a 4 day delivery timeline
    * Added 6 in the cart & *it changed to no shipment date is currently available

So that's encouraging, I guess...*
    Well, that's cool then! As I mentioned: the PB Tech mystery awaits your confirmation of whether your R6E order is an actual R6E, or is really an Apex, or is nothing but a UFO...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Is Raja in the house? Surely he could confirm

I'll make it my duty to get confirmation tom before shipping; standby*

Is Raja in the house? Surely he could confirm

I'll make it my duty to get confirmation tom before shipping; standby*
    I also refer to it as the "PB Tech mystery" because none of the 1.4 million inhabitants of Auckland seem to be interested in buying even one of those six R6E mobos for the past few days, even though PB Tech actively promotes custom-built PCs, either built by customers or built by PB Tech: https://www.pbtech.co.nz/news/876/Cu...C-with-PB-Tech

If those 6 R6E mobos were being sold at a Walmart or McDonald's burger store, I could envision the lack of interest or resistance to the high price. But being sold at New Zealand's largest chain of computer superstores, I think that it should stir up as much interest as Apple's new iPhone X.

Good luck!
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 09-13-2017 at 10:10 AM.

so you suggesting they had the R6E 2 weeks ago? What changed about their stock?*
    What changed is how many they had and where. I'm a bit baffled I'm the first to notice. A few other sites listed them as available as well but changed to preorder quickly, I'm srsly wondering if you'll get the real deal...

On to something else. Asus Support just told me I can't connect 4 sata drives to the U.2 port, can somebody explain to me why not?
    The cables exist, where do I use them?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1172492_0__33393514_6619880493.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	67330

Has anybody a different idea how to connect more sata drives to the board(only 6 sata ports srsly suck for such a board tbh).

(Edit: nevermind, the same plug is used by SAS which then supports sata, U.2 doesn't, so I need a converter. If anybody has an idea on that I'm all ears)

About how the wiring is done for the U.2, PCIEx4 and M.2 slots they couldn't give me a conclusive answer, but there seems to be a block diagram in the works...
    Last edited by Exzelsior; 09-13-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exzelsior View Post
    What changed is how many they had and where. I'm a bit baffled I'm the first to notice. A few other sites listed them as available as well but changed to preorder quickly, I'm srsly wondering if you'll get the real deal...

On to something else. Asus Support just told me I can't connect 4 sata drives to the U.2 port, can somebody explain to me why not?
    The cables exist, where do I use them?

Has anybody a different idea how to connect more sata drives to the board(only 6 sata ports srsly suck for such a board tbh).

About how the wiring is done for the U.2, PCIEx4 and M.2 slots they couldn't give me a conclusive answer, but there seems to be a block diagram in the works...
    I don't know about using a U.2-to-SATA converter. For adding more SATA ports, there are a huge variety of 2-port, 4-port, and 8-port PCIe SATA controller cards, both in RAID and non-RAID setups. So you need a PCIe SATA card.

I fully agree that only having 6 SATA ports is quiet anemic for an X299 board that is the successor to X99, and both the Extreme and Apex only have 6, especially since Asus' X99 mobos offered 8 to 10 SATA ports, and most of the competitors' X299 mobos have 8 or 10 SATA ports. Some $300 Z270 mobos even offer 8 or 10 SATA ports. One of my first posts on this thread back in late July also griped about this. But it is what it is...
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 09-13-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Page 107 of 193 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 ... LastLast