Page 45 of 193 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I just saw this it appears to be New Zealand.... with a release date of the 23rd.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170815-091513.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	567.0 KB 
ID:	66659

ROG Enthusiast Array

Yea, this happens every ROG launch, here's one from Norway estimating 9 peices on August 24th. All this means is the vendors have them on order and are waiting and hoping just like the rest of us.

https://www.komplett.no/product/9451...e-socket-2066#

And every ROG board launch a few enthusiasts pre-order FIRST from ShopBaconLettuceTomato.com and end up getting their boards dead LAST.

ShopBLT. accepts preorders long before anyone else, but Newegg and Amazon will get their shipping containers first (in North America) and ship out and you will still be waiting for your BLT to arrive. Usually BLT orders are cancelled and Newegg orders placed when this begins to happen.

But it still makes folks feel really good to have that preorder in place, so go ahead and preorder/cancel/reorder, at least the busyness relieves some anxiety while waiting.

IF you want to search for every little tidbit of new info or global availability for the R6E, and that seems to be the overriding nuance of this thread, Google Rampage VI Extreme and in Google tools select "past 24hours". That should keep you satiated with new clues and hypothetical timeframes and on the very edge of your ROG seat all week long.

The most reliable measure of availability I have found is what JJ told us way back in July 2012, my first ROG launch when I was so nooby and easily persuadable, ahh those were the days. JJ said as soon as you see the motherboard support pages go up and are complete at Asus.com/US, then you should be able to order in North America within 5 to 10days. So far JJ has always been right. I really like JJ.

Then you store the Amazon and Newegg pages in bookmarks and keep F5ing both pages every three hours until the R6E suddenly appears 'in stock"... then select overnight shipping.

Works every time...
    Last edited by iBruceypoo; 08-15-2017 at 03:17 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by iBruceypoo View Post
    Then you store the Amazon and Newegg pages in bookmarks and keep F5ing both pages every three hours until the R6E suddenly appears 'in stock"... then select overnight shipping.

Works every time...
    Meh... obsessively F5ing to monitor a Web page is soooooo 20th-century. There are various browser plugins and add-ons that let you automatically monitor changes in Web pages for purposes such as seeing when products or concert tickets go on sale, or for monitoring price changes of existing products (like a basic version of camelcamelcamel that only tracks Amazon's prices). You can even wire these browser plugins to email you when the Web page changes.

For a far more robust and automated solution, you can create your own automated script that runs as a Windows scheduled task or UNIX cron job. I just run a Python script in the background that randomly polls targeted Web pages every 5 to 20 minutes. The randomizer is used so sites like Amazon do not realize that you are a robot and block your IP address :-) But Amazon would really only block you if you start to poll their Web pages every 5 to 10 seconds. I also randomly use a different HTTP User-Agent with each polling to make it look less repetitive. A simple `wget` script to download a Web page and parse the HTML works. Or for the best Web monitoring, write a Python, Ruby, or Perl script using the Mechanize package/gem/module:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/mechanize/
    https://rubygems.org/gems/mechanize/versions/2.7.5
    http://search.cpan.org/~oalders/WWW-...W/Mechanize.pm

use BeautifulSoup in Python to extract the keywords you are looking for:

https://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/bs4/doc/

have the script sleep and poll the targeted Web pages every random 5 to 20 minutes, and have the script phone, text, and/or email you alerts. You never have to F5 again. For Newegg and some other retail sites, you can also have the script check the total number of each product Newegg has in stock. Automating this is really quite easy if you know a scripting language. Mechanize and BeautifulSoup handle much of the technical details for you. I have my little Python script also set up to pop up a Windows wscript-MsgBox VBScript window alert that says "Product_Name - URL_address" when the targeted Web page has been updated.

Peter now shows off his G.Skill RGB RAM with his unboxed R6E in the background. Ahh, the joys of being a sponsored modder. For VRM heatsinkaholics, his photo cuts off the heatsink:

https://twitter.com/l3pje/status/897482976333897728
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BX0ffTrABLM/
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 08-15-2017 at 06:45 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPurr View Post
    Meh... obsessively F5ing to monitor a Web page is soooooo 20th-century. There are various browser plugins and add-ons that let you automatically monitor changes in Web pages for purposes such as seeing when products or concert tickets go on sale, or for monitoring price changes of existing products (like a basic version of camelcamelcamel that only tracks Amazon's prices). You can even wire these browser plugins to email you when the Web page changes.

For a far more robust and automated solution, you can create your own automated script that runs as a Windows scheduled task or UNIX cron job. I just run a Python script in the background that randomly polls targeted Web pages every 5 to 20 minutes. The randomizer is used so sites like Amazon do not realize that you are a robot and block your IP address :-) I also randomly use a different HTTP User-Agent with each polling to make it look less repetitive. A simple `wget` script to download a Web page and parse the HTML works. Or for the best Web monitoring, write a Python, Ruby, or Perl script using the Mechanize package/gem/module:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/mechanize/
    https://rubygems.org/gems/mechanize/versions/2.7.5
    http://search.cpan.org/~oalders/WWW-...W/Mechanize.pm

have the script sleep and poll the targeted Web pages every random 5 to 20 minutes, parse the keywords, and have the script phone, text, and/or email you alerts. You never have to F5 again. For Newegg and some other retail sites, you can also have the script check the total number of each product Newegg has in stock. This exercise is left for the reader but it is really quite easy if you know a scripting language.

Peter now shows off his G.Skill RGB RAM with his unboxed R6E in the background. Ahh, the joys of being a sponsored modder. For VRM heatsinkaholics, his photo cuts off the heatsink:

https://twitter.com/l3pje/status/897482976333897728
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BX0ffTrABLM/
    NICE. That R6E is Gorgeous.

Anyone looking for super-efficient silicon, SL posted a batch of newly binned and delidded 7820Xs overnight.

Already sold out of the 4.8GHz and 4.9GHz, some 4.7s and 4.6s still in stock.

I've got two absolutely brilliant binned delidded CPUs from this guy, would never play the real silicon lottery ever again.

Picking up a 7820X as soon as, and an 8700K for a Maximus 10 Extreme board later this year. OR it may be called the Maximus 11 Extreme, not sure if ROG is planning to produce a Kaby Lake Refresh Z370 and a Cannon Lake Z390 Maximus Extreme board for each chipset.

Here's the link for the SiliconLottery binned delidded CPUs:

https://siliconlottery.com/collections/all

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Also, received an answer from Intel about the Optane Memory using 2 drives as very fast SSDs in a RAID 0 array on the ROG DIMM.2 riser card.

quoting Intel

Hello iBruce,

We would like to let you know that in case you would like to use the Intel® Optane™ Module as standalone SSDs, you should have no issues creating a RAID setup and booting from them. The only thing that you need to check with Asus* is if by using the Dimm.2 Rise card the system can setup the RAID since we have seen cases with motherboards having dual M.2 slots and being able to accomplish this goal.

We encourage you to contact Asus* and ask for this before giving it a try.

Regards,
    Nestor C

end quote

I think that's a yes, I really hope it is, I tried to RAID 0 2 Optane Memory M.2 SSDs on my R5E10 X99 board and was unsuccessful, the bios only recognized a single 32GB Optane drive.

Maybe the RajMan can give us more information and elucidate further into this quandary.
    Last edited by iBruceypoo; 08-15-2017 at 11:43 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array Mavtop PC Specs
    Mavtop PC Specs
    MotherboardIncoming R6Extreme
    Processor7980XE
    Memory (part number)Corsair Platinum 64gb 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #11080ti w EKWB
    Graphics Card #21080ti w EKWB
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZXR
    MonitorAsus Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 2tb x 2 in RAID 0 (hopefully bootable)
    Storage #2HGST He10, 10 TB HDD
    CPU CoolerEK Custom water cooling Loop w XSPC rads
    CaseDigital Storm Aventum III
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
    Mouse Corsair M45/Glaive
    Headset Razer Tiamat 7.1/Corsair Wireless
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB
    Headset/Speakers Corsair RGB Wireless
    OS Windows 10 PRO
    Network RouterASUS AC5300
    Accessory #1 EVODESK 72inch standing desk
    Accessory #2 Oculus Rift, Vive, Pimax 8K X incoming

That R6E is Gorgeous.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Also, received an answer from Intel about the Optane Memory using 2 drives as very fast SSDs in a RAID 0 array on the ROG DIMM.2 riser card.

quoting Intel

Hello iBruce,

We would like to let you know that in case you would like to use the Intel® Optane™ Module as standalone SSDs, you should have no issues creating a RAID setup and booting from them. The only thing that you need to check with Asus* is if by using the Dimm.2 Rise card the system can setup the RAID since we have seen cases with motherboards having dual M.2 slots and being able to accomplish this goal.

We encourage you to contact Asus* and ask for this before giving it a try.

Regards,
    Nestor C

end quote

I think that's a yes, I really hope it is, I tried to RAID 0 2 Optane Memory M.2 SSDs on my R5E10 X99 board and was unsuccessful, the bios only recognized a single 32GB Optane drive.

Maybe the RajMan can give us more information and elucidate further into this quandary.
    Man am I glad you asked Intel, I'm planning on making a VROC optane raid array to boot from (or hope to boot from). Otherwise I will probably just wait on the big Optane drive and see how it scales. Kind of hard to get faster than 960 pros in raid 0, but I'm hoping optane in raid 0 might just be able to be a little smoother.

Almost there guys!

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Brighttail PC Specs
    Brighttail PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751JT
    MotherboardAsus x299 Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7900x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 3200Mhz 4x8
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080TI
    MonitorAcer XB321HK (4k,IPS,G-sync)
    Storage #1Intel 900p (Boot) 2xSM961 (RAID 0) Games
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cool
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Platinum 95
    Mouse Asus SPATHA
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800
    Headset/Speakers Kanyo Y5
    OS Windows 10 64 bit
    Accessory #1 2 x Alphacool Full Copper Radiator 420mm/280mm
    Accessory #2 Monsoon MMRS reservoir w/ 2 x D5 Vario Pump
    Accessory #3 Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

NICE. That R6E is Gorgeous.

Anyone looking for super-efficient silicon, SL posted a batch of newly binned and delidded 7820Xs overnight.

Already sold out of the 4.8GHz and 4.9GHz, some 4.7s and 4.6s still in stock.

I've got two absolutely brilliant binned delidded CPUs from this guy, would never play the real silicon lottery ever again.

Picking up a 7820X as soon as, and an 8700K for a Maximus 10 Extreme board later this year. OR it may be called the Maximus 11 Extreme, not sure if ROG is planning to produce a Kaby Lake Refresh Z370 and a Cannon Lake Z390 Maximus Extreme board for each chipset.

Here's the link for the SiliconLottery binned delidded CPUs:

https://siliconlottery.com/collections/all
    I thought I read that you ahve to setup the RAID through the chipset (ie windows) raid. If you are trying to make a bootable disk you may have to go into the windows installation, load IRST drivers and find them that way to create and create the RAID Then.

Delidding the CPU.. what a business. A one year warranty on something that they void the warranty if Intel learns it has been delidded. Also depending on the paste they use to reapply you may have to delid it in a year or so. It is nice that you can get a CPU that is guaranteed to run up to what you pay for. I'd be all afraid of the warranty.
    Last edited by Brighttail; 08-16-2017 at 02:49 AM.
    Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD
    Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram
    Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Brighttail View Post
    Delidding the CPU.. what a business. A one year warranty on something that they void the warranty if Intel learns it has been delidded. Also depending on the paste they use to reapply you may have to delid it in a year or so. It is nice that you can get a CPU that is guaranteed to run up to what you pay for. I'd be all afraid of the warranty.
    I fully agree. I would consider buying a SL binned CPU myself if they matched the 3-year standard warranty that Intel has for their CPUs. But the combination of the 1-year warranty and the substantial price increase is actually not that great of a deal.

Example: SL sells their fastest 4.9 GHz 7820X for $929.99. For $70 more, you can get a i9-7900X with a 3-year Intel warranty instead of SL's 1-year, two more cores, 44 PCIe lanes instead of 28, and a dedicated AVX-512 fused multiply-add (FMA) unit that is only on the i9 CPUs. If you use a mobo with good power delivery, like the R6E or R6A, and a good AIO liquid cooler or even the twin-fan twin-tower Noctua NH-D15 air cooler (which is the current king of air coolers), you can very likely overclock an unbinned i9-7900X to at least 4.5 GHz. And if your mainly use multi-core applications, a 4.5 GHz 7900X is faster than a 4.9 7820X. If you use a good custom loop, and have either a monoblocked CPU/VRM cooling or CPU-waterblock with top intake fans blowing on the VRM area, I think your odds reaching 4.6 or 4.7 GHz are pretty good, especially at 4.6 GHz where many people have already reached on all cores with comfortable thermals and no throttling. That makes a unmodified 7900X even faster than the SL $929.99 7280X, and it negates the need to spend an extra $190 for the SL-binned 4.6 GHz 7900X. The 7820X hits the wall at 4.9 GHz and the 7900X hits the wall sooner at 4.8 GHz mainly due to its AVX-512 FMA unit, just like Ryzen/Threadripper hits the wall at 4.1 GHz. So you are really only dealing with silicon lottery luck if you are hoping for an overclock of 4.8 to 5.0 GHz, just as you have to be really lucky to OC Ryzen/Threadripper to 4.2 GHz. SL knows this and they charge a hefty 50% more for their $1480 4.8 GHz 7900X. So you are paying $480 more for 100 or 200 MHz of overclock since your odds of OCing any unbinned 7900X to 4.6 GHz are quite good. I can think of many better ways to spend $480 than on a 7900X with a 2% to 4% better overclock and a 1-year warranty. And at its $599.99 MSRP, the i7-7820X offers the best value out of all the five currently available X-series CPUs. But by charging $929.99 for a 4.9 GHz 7820X, SL has made it considerably overpriced, while only giving you a 1-year warranty too.

As for trying to return a delidded CPU to Intel for an exchange after SL's 1-year warranty has expired, I am absolutely certain that Intel has ways to quickly find out if their CPUs have been delidded. People started delidding Intel's CPUs 4+ years ago when Intel started using paste on Ivy Bridge. And I am quite sure that various people have messed it up and tried to get a warranty replacement. Your odds of Intel not noticing a delidded CPU were far better back in 2013 when it was still a new practice. But not now.
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 08-16-2017 at 09:41 AM.

NOTE TO RAJA:

The online PDF for the R6E Quick Start Guide still shows the M.2 vertical mounting bracket that was used on their X99 mobos, and not the DIMM.2 riser card used on the R6E:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...ME_QSG_WEB.pdf

I don't know if the printed Quick Start Guide that Asus will include inside the box also shows the same wrong information, but that could be very confusing to people, and both the online PDF and printed QSG should be corrected. People are going to see that diagram and wonder how it fits together. But if reprinting corrected Quick Start Guides will delay the R6E release yet again, please don't reprint them!!!!
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 08-16-2017 at 06:17 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Feklar PC Specs
    Feklar PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XII Extreme
    Processori9 10900k
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Trident Z Royal F4-4400C18D-16GTRS
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA w/ Hydro Copper Waterblock
    MonitorLG38gl950g
    Storage #1Samsung 860 Evo 2TB
    Storage #2850 Evo 1TB and 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cooling
    CasePhanteks Enthoo 719
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2
    Keyboard Logitech G513 Carbon
    Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
    Headset Ultrasone Pro 750
    Headset/Speakers Schiit Gungnir DAC w/Violectric V100 Headphone Amp
    OS Windows 10 Professional
    Accessory #1 Mo-Ra 3 Pro 4x180 Radiator
    Accessory #2 Koolance Fittings and QDC's
    Accessory #3 Tech N CPU block w/EVGA Hydro Copper GPU block

"But if reprinting corrected Quick Start Guides will delay the R6E release yet again, please don't reprint them!!!!"
    That was funny. Seriously though, I think most users that spend the amount of money that this motherboard costs (not including CPU cost) are probably not going to need a quick start guide. At least I hope not. If they do though, they're most likely in over their head.

i9 10900k + Asus Maximus XII Extreme + EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA
    Trident Z Royal F4-4000C19D-32GTRS + Samsung 860 Pro SSD, EVO 1TB, EVO 2TB
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Power Supply + Phanteks Enthoo 719 case
    Tech N CPU block, EVGA Hydro Copper GPU block
    Koolance Fittings and QDC's + Mo-Ra 3 Pro 4x180 Radiator
    LG 38GL950G Monitor +
    Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Feklar View Post
    "But if reprinting corrected Quick Start Guides will delay the R6E release yet again, please don't reprint them!!!!"
    That was funny. Seriously though, I think most users that spend the amount of money that this motherboard costs (not including CPU cost) are probably not going to need a quick start guide. At least I hope not. If they do though, they're most likely in over their head.
    Hey, don't laugh too hard. All of you are going to hate me for mentioning the QSG error if Raja replies, "The R6E product manager really wants this to be a perfect product launch, and he has decided to reprint the QSG and repackage the boxes." And then I and everyone else will shout out a collective, "Nooooooooooooo...!!!!!"

I am surprised that no one noticed the wrong M.2 mounting diagram on the QSG. Anyone who has a general familiarity with the mobo should have noticed that it is wrong with a quick visual scan of the diagrams. What is odd about the error is that if you look at the "Motherboard Layout" diagram on the QSG, "Step 4" correctly points to the on-board M.2 and SATA ports. But the person who annotated the diagram could not figure out how the vertical M.2 bracket fits onto the motherboard, so the person just ignored it without asking someone. So there is no "Step #" that points to the DIMM.2 slot on the "Motherboard Layout" diagram.

It costs money to reprint all those QSGs. So Asus should just ship them like that, right Raja?
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 08-16-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Page 45 of 193 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast