Page 139 of 193 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1925
  1. #1381
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    275

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhade View Post
    Newegg had them in stock for all about 5 minutes before they were sold out. Missed out on one!!!
    So did you actually see the [Add To Cart] button on the Newegg R6E listing and then the button switched to [Auto Notify] 5 minutes later, or was the "about 5 minutes" just a figurative manner of speech based on you receiving a Newegg Auto-Notify email 5 minutes before checking their website and seeing it was not available?

    The reason I asked if you checked the Newegg site "about 5 minutes" after you received their Auto-Notify email is because, ever since about April or May, Newegg's Auto-Notify FREQUENTLY DOES NOT WORK. Sometimes, you might receive your Auto-Notify email within a few minutes of the product being switched to a [Add To Cart] button. But what happens more often is that their Auto-Notify email gets sent out 1, 6, or even 12+ hours after the product was back in-stock. So by the time that you received the email and checked their website, the product has already been sold out again, and the product was actually in-stock many hours before you received your Auto-Notify email alert. Or sometimes you will see that the product is listed on their website in an out-of-stock Auto-Notify state, and then when you check the product listing one or two days later, it is now in-stock with an [Add To Cart] button, but your Auto-Notify request is still pending and the in-stock "event" never triggered an email to you at all, as if it was in a stuck state.

    Newegg's Auto-Notify emails previously used to always work fast and reliably all last year and up to about March of this year. But since April, it no longer works reliably or promptly to send you an email alert, and sometimes it remains stuck and does not work at all. I complained about this to more than five different Newegg customer service reps in April and May, and they still have not fixed the problem, which could be due to the website software or OS not processing event handlers and database triggers correctly, or due to outbound emails getting backlogged. This past Monday, while checking on the HCC i9 shipments and speaking to both a Newegg customer service rep and product manager, the CS rep said that Auto-Notify also often does not work for him, and the product manager admitted it was buggy, and I complained again that they should fix whatever is stalling their email alerts, and I told him that their [Auto-Notify] button is sometimes quite useless right now for new products that sell out quickly.

    TL;DR: Don't rely on Newegg's Auto-Notify email alerts. If you want the R6E (or any Auto-Notify'ed new and popular product release) sooner from Newegg, you have to keep checking their site yourself.
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 09-27-2017 at 06:08 PM.

  2. #1382
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array mpoffo PC Specs
    mpoffo PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel 7900x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR = 32 GB 3200 Kit
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia Geforce 1080 FE
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorX34 Predator + 2 Samsung Aux Monitors
    Storage #1Samsung 870 EVO 2 TB/850 Evo 500 GB
    Storage #2WD 2 TB & 4TB Black Hard Drives
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum - RGB
    Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE
    Headset Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB Polaris
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 5.1 Surround THX Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk (RAX 200) AX11000
    Accessory #1 Corsair Comm. w/ Corsair HD Fans - NZXT Hue +
    Accessory #2 DX Racer King Series Chair
    Accessory #3 3D Printer/HTC VIVE/Valve Index
    mpoffo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    261

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPurr View Post
    So did you actually see the [Add To Cart] button on the Newegg R6E listing and then the button switched to [Auto Notify] 5 minutes later, or was the "about 5 minutes" just a figurative manner of speech based on you receiving a Newegg Auto-Notify email 5 minutes before checking their website and seeing it was not available?

    The reason I asked if you checked the Newegg site "about 5 minutes" after you received their Auto-Notify email is because, ever since about April or May, Newegg's Auto-Notify FREQUENTLY DOES NOT WORK. Sometimes, you might receive your Auto-Notify email within a few minutes of the product being switched to a [Add To Cart] button. But what happens more often is that their Auto-Notify email gets sent out 1, 6, or even 12+ hours after the product was back in-stock. So by the time that you received the email and checked their website, the product has already been sold out again, and the product was actually in-stock many hours before you received your Auto-Notify email alert. Or sometimes you will see that the product is listed on their website in an out-of-stock Auto-Notify state, and then when you check the product listing one or two days later, it is now in-stock with an [Add To Cart] button, but your Auto-Notify request is still pending and the in-stock "event" never triggered an email to you at all, as if it was in a stuck state.

    Newegg's Auto-Notify emails previously used to always work fast and reliably all last year and up to about March of this year. But since April, it no longer works reliably or promptly to send you an email alert, and sometimes it remains stuck and does not work at all. I complained about this to more than five different Newegg customer service reps in April and May, and they still have not fixed the problem, which could be due to the website software or OS not processing event handlers and database triggers correctly, or due to outbound emails getting backlogged. This past Monday, while checking on the HCC i9 shipments and speaking to both a Newegg customer service rep and product manager, the CS rep said that Auto-Notify also often does not work for him, and the product manager admitted it was buggy, and I complained again that they should fix whatever is stalling their email alerts, and I told him that their [Auto-Notify] button is sometimes quite useless right now for new products that sell out quickly.

    TL;DR: Don't rely on Newegg's Auto-Notify email alerts. If you want the R6E (or any Auto-Notify'ed new and popular product release) sooner from Newegg, you have to keep checking their site yourself.
    Very good advice. I do not rely on any notification from online retailers. I never got one from Amazon either and I signed up for that. Luckily I was able to get one from Newegg. A word used previously in this thread sums up the behavior you need to exhibit in order to snag one of these right now:

    "Anorak" /ˈænəræk/ is a British slang which refers to a person who has a very strong interest, perhaps obsessive, in niche subjects. This interest may be unacknowledged or not understood by the general public. The term is sometimes used synonymously with "geek" or "nerd", or the Japanese term "otaku", albeit referring to different niches.

    So be "anoraky" about checking those site that carry the board.
    RVIE X299 System:
    Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
    Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | RTX 3090/EVGA GTX 1080 | Acer X34 Predator Monitor
    Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive
    Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup

  3. #1383
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    275

    Quote Originally Posted by mpoffo View Post
    Very good advice. I do not rely on any notification from online retailers. I never got one from Amazon either and I signed up for that. Luckily I was able to get one from Newegg. A word used previously in this thread sums up the behavior you need to exhibit in order to snag one of these right now:

    "Anorak" /ˈænəræk/ is a British slang which refers to a person who has a very strong interest, perhaps obsessive, in niche subjects. This interest may be unacknowledged or not understood by the general public. The term is sometimes used synonymously with "geek" or "nerd", or the Japanese term "otaku", albeit referring to different niches.

    So be "anoraky" about checking those site that carry the board.
    Email delays can be very annoying, both when you are trying to buy something or if your personal emails are getting delayed. From 1996 to 2002, I was running 8 websites that were hosted by a company called WebCom (Web Communications). WebCom was one of the first companies during the mid-1990s to provide DIY Web sites for people, where you were given a Windows or UNIX Web host to set up yourself, like what HostGator, GoDaddy, and many others do now. WebCom was very good and trouble-free for many years, but then my inbound emails on their SMTP servers started to get delayed by many hours, sometimes delayed more than 6 to 10 hours. So after having this repeatedly happen for more than one year and repeatedly complaining, I switched companies and moved my websites onto another hosting company. WebCom's Web-hosting business later declined and they were acquired by Verio.

  4. #1384
    ROG Enthusiast Array red773 PC Specs
    red773 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Strix E X299
    Processori9 7900X
    Memory (part number)32GB Red Dominator Platinum 8x4 3200
    Graphics Card #1Polseidon 1080 TI
    Graphics Card #2Polseidon 1080 TI
    MonitorROG PG279Q
    Storage #1950 Pro 256
    Storage #2850 Pro 512
    CaseParvum L1.0
    Power SupplyAX 1500i
    Keyboard K95 RGB
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    Headset Razer Man'oWar
    Mouse Pad ROG Sheath XL
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    red773's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Anyone back order the 7980XE on NewEgg? Curious what date they give you as an ETA. I ordered one from ProVantage and they say October 20 as an ETA and B&H says October 23 as their ETA.

  5. #1385
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    275

    Quote Originally Posted by red773 View Post
    Anyone back order the 7980XE on NewEgg? Curious what date they give you as an ETA. I ordered one from ProVantage and they say October 20 as an ETA and B&H says October 23 as their ETA.
    When Newegg initially added the [Back Order] button for all three HCC i9s on Monday, they were all listed as "Usually ships within 10 to 20 days", without giving a specific ETA. If you back-ordered from Newegg, your back-order will still say "within 10 or 20 days" and they will not provide an ETA yet because they have not received confirmation of shipments headed to their warehouse. However, when I phoned Newegg on Monday morning and talked to a product manager there, he told me that the 7940X and 7960X orders will likely arrive sooner, as early as next week, or by mid-Oct at the latest. I back-ordered the 7940X and he told me there were three small shipments coming in for the 7940X, with "small" meaning up to 20 in each of the three orders that the product manager placed. Other Newegg product managers may have placed more 7940X orders.

    I did not ask how many shipments were coming for the 7960X and 7980XE. But he told me that the 7980XE may arrive later than the 7940X and 7960X, by mid to late Oct, at the latest. Newegg has since changed their [Back Order] button for the 7980XE to their buggy out-of-stock [Auto Notify] button, which means that all expected 7980XE units from the initial shipments have already been back-order-claimed. And if the actual shipments turn out to be smaller than what was ordered, a 7980XE Newegg back-order may not be shipped until Nov. Newegg still has the [Back Order] button for the 7940X and 7960X, so I presume that demand has not yet exceeded their expected shipments for those two CPUs.

    Newegg usually receives new releases of CPUs and mobos sooner than Amazon, and both Newegg and Amazon get new CPUs and mobos both sooner and in larger quantities than B&H and smaller retailers like Provantage. So if what the Newegg manager said about the 7980XE arriving in mid-Oct or later is true, I am guessing that both Provantage and B&H are possibly too optimistic with their ETA dates. For example, Newegg was the first U.S. retailer to sell the R6E on Sep 14, and I think they received at least 100 or 150 mobos since it still took more than three hours to completely sell out. To me, a product or concert tickets rapidly selling out happens in less than one hour.

  6. #1386
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    I just got my R6E board today and I have a question for those who have already got theirs and unboxed it. The only thing that seemed odd to me was the box didn't have any kind of seal on it. No tape or anything closing or sealing the box so you can tell if it's been opened or not. There's not even the marks of any tapes that may have been removed. Looks like that's the way it's packaged. Anyone can literally open it, check it out or touch the board etc and close it.

    The plastic cover is intact there, no bent pins and board is in great shape though. The outside of the box also didn't look like polished clean, more kinda gathered some dust.

  7. #1387
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    275

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCole View Post
    I just got my R6E board today and I have a question for those who have already got theirs and unboxed it. The only thing that seemed odd to me was the box didn't have any kind of seal on it. No tape or anything closing or sealing the box so you can tell if it's been opened or not. There's not even the marks of any tapes that may have been removed. Looks like that's the way it's packaged. Anyone can literally open it, check it out or touch the board etc and close it.

    The plastic cover is intact there, no bent pins and board is in great shape though. The outside of the box also didn't look like polished clean, more kinda gathered some dust.
    NONE of the mobo companies use a security seal on their mobo boxes and bags. So, yes, you cannot tell if an unscrupulous retailer is selling a used mobo. Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, ASRock all do not use security seals and tapes on their mobo packaging, AFAIK.

    And all of the R6E mobos and boxes look quite old, as if Asus modified the already-manufactured-and-ready-to-ship R6E mobos with upgraded VRM heatsinks back in July, but then all the boxes just sat idle throughout Aug and Sep, which I have been guessing was due to Intel asking Asus to delay the R6E release so it was released closer to the HCC i9 releases to encourage more sales of those pricier CPUs.

    Don't be surprised if you even see a few fingerprints on your mobo, because Asus likely went back and opened up ready-to-ship mobo boxes to upgrade the VRM heatsink.

  8. #1388
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    164
    Posts
    7,453

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPurr View Post
    And all of the R6E mobos and boxes look quite old, as if Asus modified the already-manufactured-and-ready-to-ship R6E mobos with upgraded VRM heatsinks back in July, but then all the boxes just sat idle throughout Aug and Sep, which I have been guessing was due to Intel asking Asus to delay the R6E release so it was released closer to the HCC i9 releases to encourage more sales of those pricier CPUs.
    Intel never asked us to that. The delay was caused by us needing to revise the armor a few times to get it right. By the time that was all done, we were close enough tot he HCC release that it made sense to align with it. Don't read into it any deeper than that.

  9. #1389
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    275

    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Intel never asked us to that. The delay was caused by us needing to revise the armor a few times to get it right. By the time that was all done, we were close enough tot he HCC release that it made sense to align with it. Don't read into it any deeper than that.
    Thank you for the reply, Raja!!!!

    It was just that you never replied back with specific explanations to all the previous "when" and "why" release date inquiries that many people made on this thread in July and August, so we all wondered and speculated for two months.

    I did notice that you previously mentioned the armor was having "low yields" and Kris Huang mentioned in the KitGuru video that the armor was the cause of the delay. I am also glad that it seemed like Asus increased the armor's trace line RGB lighting intensity compared to the mobo that was displayed at Computex.

  10. #1390
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array smithkid PC Specs
    smithkid PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Surface Pro 3
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme
    Processor7900X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG GTX 1080 STRIX O8G
    Graphics Card #2Asus ROG GTX 1080 STRIX O8G
    Monitor7 various
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2WD 1TB Blue M.2 SSD
    CPU CoolerAquacomputer NEXT cuplex kryos vision cu/cu
    CaseLianli PC-T70FX includes T70-1
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200i
    Keyboard FILCO Majestouch Convertible 2 BT/USB 104 Key - Cherry Brown
    Mouse Logitech MX Master
    Headset/Speakers Mackie
    OS W10
    Network RouterTP-Link ER-5120
    smithkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    101

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPurr View Post
    Thank you for the reply, Raja!!!!

    It was just that you never replied back with specific explanations to all the previous "when" and "why" release date inquiries that many people made on this thread in July and August, so we all wondered and speculated for two months.

    I did notice that you previously mentioned the armor was having "low yields" and Kris Huang mentioned in the KitGuru video that the armor was the cause of the delay. I am also glad that it seemed like Asus increased the armor's trace line RGB lighting intensity compared to the mobo that was displayed at Computex.
    Seems like those guys in New Zealand never got the "delay" note or didn't read it.

Page 139 of 193 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •