Page 141 of 193 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1925
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Brighttail View Post
    EK really stepped up to finish this and make it right. As we have said, the solution is quite simple with a thermal pad and a small heatsink with two holes, so it would not have made any sense for EK not to do it.

I haven't received any notification saying it was on its way. Still showing Oct 2 as when it will be released.
    The product listing still says Oct 2. But login to your EK account and view your order. Does it now show a "Estimated Delivery Date" located above the "Order Date" and "Shipping Address"?

My order did not have the "Estimated Delivery Date" yesterday. But it was updated this morning to show estimated delivery being tomorrow. Like I said, I'll believe that delivery date if they ship it today. If they ship it tomorrow, I doubt that it will arrive in the U.S. by tomorrow unless Superman is delivering it ;-)

As I mentioned in a previous post, EK frequently slides the dates forward, either due to design or supply issues, or just simply because their monoblock assembly staff is not that big so they often slide pre-orders into later weeks because their staff is too busy this week fulfilling the earlier pre-orders:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post676654

Quote Originally Posted by tistou77 View Post
    Still revision 1.0 for me and Windows installation today, so the IE cache is "clean"
    (shrug) I don't know... Did you previously use the same IE browser to view Revision 1.0 of the Installation Manual? If so, still clear the IE cache and restart the browser. Or try another browser. I hate the IE browser and I always use Chrome or Firefox.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array tistou77 PC Specs
    tistou77 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme Encore
    Processor10980XE @4.6Ghz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
    Sound CardXonar Phoebus
    MonitorDell U2721DE
    Storage #1Intel Optane 905P PCIe
    Storage #2Samsung 980 Pro
    CPU CoolerWatercooling
    CaseLian Li A77F
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech LIK
    Mouse Logitech MX revolution
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPurr View Post
    (shrug) I don't know... Did you previously use the same IE browser to view Revision 1.0 of the Installation Manual? If so, still clear the IE cache and restart the browser. Or try another browser. I hate the IE browser and I always use Chrome or Firefox.
    I reinstalled Windows today, and when I click on the link, I directly revision 1.0 of September 8
    But it does not matter
    Sorry for my english

Case: Lian Li A77F
    MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
    CPU: i9 10980XE
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
    GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
    PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
    DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
    SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Brighttail PC Specs
    Brighttail PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751JT
    MotherboardAsus x299 Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7900x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 3200Mhz 4x8
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080TI
    MonitorAcer XB321HK (4k,IPS,G-sync)
    Storage #1Intel 900p (Boot) 2xSM961 (RAID 0) Games
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cool
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Platinum 95
    Mouse Asus SPATHA
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800
    Headset/Speakers Kanyo Y5
    OS Windows 10 64 bit
    Accessory #1 2 x Alphacool Full Copper Radiator 420mm/280mm
    Accessory #2 Monsoon MMRS reservoir w/ 2 x D5 Vario Pump
    Accessory #3 Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

I've had deliveries coming in every day this week. It started with my 7900x and then I got my Primochill Advanced LRT Tubing (yeah I'm sticking with soft tubing for now).

Yesterday I got my two Alphacool Xflow radiators (140x420x45 and 140x280x45). I haven't used these radiators before but after doing a lot of research I found three very important reasons I wanted to use them:
    1. They are within a degree +/- of traditional U type radiators
    2. They do have an increased flow rate over traditional U type radiators.
    3. For my build, being able to put an inlet on one side of the radiator and an outlet on the other, it will allow cleaner, shorter tubing runs.

So with better flowrate and the ability to have shorter runs, if I decide to go for a larger case like the Enthoo Elite, it will help out in the end. The motherboard and some little things like new thermal paste/pads should come tomorrow. Next week the monoblock.

After that I have a decision to make. Keep with the Enthoo Primo case or shell out for the Elite. I don't NEED the elite, it is definitely a WANT at this point. If i were to get it, I would add in a second pump/reservoir and one of my older 140x280x60 radiators to run the GPU loop on its own and use the two newer radiators to run the CPU loop.
    Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD
    Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram
    Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

I've had deliveries coming in every day this week. It started with my 7900x and then I got my Primochill Advanced LRT Tubing (yeah I'm sticking with soft tubing for now).

Yesterday I got my two Alphacool Xflow radiators (140x420x45 and 140x280x45). I haven't used these radiators before but after doing a lot of research I found three very important reasons I wanted to use them:
    3. For my build, being able to put an inlet on one side of the radiator and an outlet on the other, it will allow cleaner, shorter tubing runs.

So with better flowrate and the ability to have shorter runs, if I decide to go for a larger case like the Enthoo Elite, it will help out in the end. The motherboard and some little things like new thermal paste/pads should come tomorrow. Next week the monoblock.

After that I have a decision to make. Keep with the Enthoo Primo case or shell out for the Elite. I don't NEED the elite, it is definitely a WANT at this point. If i were to get it, I would add in a second pump/reservoir and one of my older 140x280x60 radiators to run the GPU loop on its own and use the two newer radiators to run the CPU loop.
    With PC builds, when designing software for work, and with life in general, I always subscribe to the "Keep It Simple" KISS approach. Whenever there are multiple approaches to solving a problem that achieve similar results, the simplest approach is usually not only the easiest, but also the most elegant, the cleanest, the least expensive, and requires the least ongoing maintenance... and that's true with PC builds, with designing software, and with many decisions in life.

For my three R6E builds that use one 7940X and two 7900X, I will just have two tubes going from the monoblock to a 360mm rad. A single GTX 1070 or 1060 will be placed at the very bottom PCIEx8_4 slot because I previously created a mirrored GPU backplate for both 1070 GPUs and one 1060 GPU and it will look really cool to have the full RGB-lit armor trace lines reflecting off of the GPU's mirrored backplate running along the bottom of the mobo. With my setup, the fourth PCIEx8_4 slot will operate as x4, instead of x8, with a single VGA and the DIMM.2 M.2_2 being used, but even then, the PCIe 3.0 x4 4 GB/sec bandwidth is more than enough speed for my requirements such as CUDA hardware acceleration in Adobe Premiere. Placing the 1070 in the very bottom slot also results in a very short and tidy 6-pin/8-pin PCIe cable run. I am not water-cooling the 1070 in order to keep the entire mobo area free of cables and tubing, other than the tubes for the monoblock. And since all three R6E builds are going inside In Win Tou 2.0 cases, which I am still modifying right now, I want a very clean simple mobo and interior, with additional custom glass being added by me, instead of having a cluttered industrial-looking build.

The KISS rock band is also very cool ;-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 09-28-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tistou77 View Post
    I reinstalled Windows today, and when I click on the link, I directly revision 1.0 of September 8
    But it does not matter
    Yeah, I don't know why your browser still keeps displaying an older likely-locally-cached PDF file. I would still investigate this if I were you. Because if your IE browser is displaying an outdated PDF on EK's website, it could also be displaying old outdated previously-cached content when you visit other websites too. Browser caching is supposed to improve performance, especially if you have a slow network connection. But it sounds like IE's caching is buggy on your computer if you clear the browser's cache and it still displays outdated content.

Are you accessing this file from a work office? If so, there could be another proxy server on your network that is doing proxy caching and serving old files to your PC. Some people also use Web proxies to try to bypass IP address-blocking that happens for various reasons, and Web proxies can also cache older Web content and files.
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 09-28-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Bah... it is evening now in Slovenia, and my EK monoblock order still shows "Estimated Delivery Date: 29 September 2017", which obviously will not happen, so who knows why EK updated my order like that. I am just going to sit back and assume that my monoblocks and 7940X will not arrive until two weeks or maybe even three weeks from now, and be pleasantly surprised if it happens earlier. That is far easier than watching for order updates every day. This whole R6E, HCC i9, and EK monoblock build has been a bizarre set of twists and turns ever since Asus announced the R6E at Computex on May 30. So five months later, some of us will finally complete our builds. LOL! But at least EK added the Aquantia heatsink, although they opted for the very easy monoblock design by not making use of the R6E WB_SENSOR header.
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 09-28-2017 at 07:36 PM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array FireRx PC Specs
    FireRx PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel 10900 X
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMD32GX4MA2800c16
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    Sound Cardonboard
    MonitorLG 34" curved
    Storage #1Samsung 960 M2 SSD 1 terabyte
    Storage #2Samsumg 860 EVO SSD 2Tb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H80i
    CaseLian Li VS2000
    Power SupplyThermaltake 1200 modular
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech
    Headset Powerbeats Pro
    Mouse Pad Xtrac Ripper XL
    Headset/Speakers logitech
    OS Windows 10 Pro 21277
    Network RouterNetGear
    Accessory #1 Logitech G940 FLight gear

brighttail,
    While your waiting on you other bits , Run you FBO and serial on the Intel warranty page to validate your CPU.
    I did mine and iet shows my exact CPU. There are some folks out there doing nefarious stuff with the CPUs's
    Last edited by FireRx; 09-29-2017 at 12:53 AM. Reason: spelling
    Intel Core i9 10900X @4.7ghz @1.182v
    Asus Rampage VI Extreme [bios 3105]
    LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
    Nvidia RTX 30909 FE
    Windows 10 Pro
    32gbz Memory

ROG Member Array Iceman2733 PC Specs
    Iceman2733 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 7900x
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 2080TI FTW3
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 2080TI FTW3
    Sound CardSennehiser GSX1000
    MonitorAsus PG279QZ
    Storage #1Samsung 960 PRO 512
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO Raid 0
    CPU CoolerCustom Watercooled
    CaseCaselabs SMA8
    Power SupplyEVGA 1300 G2
    Keyboard Vortex Race 3
    Mouse Nixeus Revel
    Headset Sennehiser Game ON3

Does anyone's DIMM.2 RGB lighting work? I have switched jumpers back and forth and still no lighting. This is on Extreme VI

New ROGer Array

For what it's worth this link showed me a rev 1 pdf also on my work computer under chrome windows 10:*
    https://www.ekwb.com/shop/EK-IM/EK-IM-3830046994486.pdf even on cache clears

However, at home on my mac under safari that same link shows the rev 2 pdf.

Page 141 of 193 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 ... LastLast