Page 77 of 193 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

First look video by Kitguru on the Extreme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrOE_b-Gw58

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

In the video can anyone make out if he says "September" or "end of September" ?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by BroPhilip View Post
    In the video can anyone make out if he says "September" or "end of September" ?
    I think he said "in September". Basically, he avoided the question and meant that it will be before October.

I am Chinese myself, born in Taiwan, so I am very accustomed to hearing Chinese people speak English. Chinese was my first language, but now I speak it with a slight foreign accent when visiting Asia. English was my second language, but everyone always assume I was born in the U.S. because I speak English with no detectable accent.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I actually have a confirmation from Amazon UK that it will be shipped on the 4th of September. Was confirmed twice via the help chat.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMeijer10 View Post
    I actually have a confirmation from Amazon UK that it will be shipped on the 4th of September. Was confirmed twice via the help chat.
    How do you, or Amazon UK, define "shipped on"? Did Amazon UK state that they will begin shipping pre-orders to customers on Sep 4? Or did A.UK mention that they were expecting a shipment to their warehouse at the start of next week? These little nuances of language can offset actual in-stock date by at least a full week. A.UK's site still just says "Order now and we'll deliver when available", which is what all other sites say. Both Amazon U.S. and U.K. usually explicitly state a ship date on the product listing if they have a confirmed delivery at their fulfillment centers.
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 08-28-2017 at 08:56 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPurr View Post
    How do you, or Amazon UK, define "shipped on"? Did Amazon UK state that they will begin shipping pre-orders to customers on Sep 4? Or did A.UK mention that they were expecting a shipment to their warehouse at the start of next week? These little nuances of language can offset actual in-stock date by at least a full week. A.UK's site still just says "Order now and we'll deliver when available", which is what all other sites say. Both Amazon U.S. and U.K. usually explicitly state a ship date on the product listing if they have a confirmed delivery at their fulfillment centers.
    They guaranteed me that it will be shipped to us customers at the 4th of September. So I would normally receive it the 7th here in the Netherlands from them.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMeijer10 View Post
    They guaranteed me that it will be shipped to us customers at the 4th of September. So I would normally receive it the 7th here in the Netherlands from them.
    Okay, cool!

I just wondered why they do not mention that on their product listing, which is what they always seem to do on all their Amazon sites.

For example, here is an "Destiny 2 Amazon Steelbook Exclusive" where Amazon UK explicitly states: "This item will be released on September 6, 2017. Pre-order now." Amazon US uses the same "This item will be released on" wording:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07338R66D

ROG Guru: White Belt Array smithkid PC Specs
    smithkid PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Surface Pro 3
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme
    Processor7900X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG GTX 1080 STRIX O8G
    Graphics Card #2Asus ROG GTX 1080 STRIX O8G
    Monitor7 various
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2WD 1TB Blue M.2 SSD
    CPU CoolerAquacomputer NEXT cuplex kryos vision cu/cu
    CaseLianli PC-T70FX includes T70-1
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200i
    Keyboard FILCO Majestouch Convertible 2 BT/USB 104 Key - Cherry Brown
    Mouse Logitech MX Master
    Headset/Speakers Mackie
    OS W10
    Network RouterTP-Link ER-5120

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper64 View Post
    ...And it shouldn't matter if the drive is installed via the dimm.2 or a PCIe slot according to several in this thread.
    If you watch the "kitguru" first look, the guy from ASUS says that the M.2 via CPU is "a lot faster" than via PCH.

All the R6E stars do seem to be aligning for a release date between the end of this week and the end of next week.

Modder Peter Brands' R6E build was shipped to Berlin for use at the Asus booth at the Berlin IFA consumer electronics trade show that runs from Sep 1 to Sep 6.

Asus will be displaying their gaming gear at the PAX West trade show in Seattle, which runs from Sep 1 to Sep 4.

And two weeks ago, Asus Middle East also leaked out that: "The ROG Rampage VI Extreme and ROG Rampage VI Apex motherboards are available on First Week of September".

Quote Originally Posted by smithkid View Post
    If you watch the "kitguru" first look, the guy from ASUS says that the M.2 via CPU is "a lot faster" than via PCH.
    Yeah. Overall, there was nothing new revealed in that video. Out of curiosity, I looked up that Asus guy's LinkedIn profile and see that he has a Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering from National Taiwan University. So I wonder if the DIMM.2 riser card and indium-coated armor plating were his ideas. National Taiwan University is the most prestigious university in Taiwan - very difficult to get admission, and very difficult to stay in. The college ranks between #40 and #80 across all engineering programs compared to all other universities in the world, and their computer science program ranks in the top 25 or 30 out of all the world's colleges. So even though his descriptions were a bit superficial, he is not just a marketing guy.
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 08-28-2017 at 10:38 PM.

Page 77 of 193 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 ... LastLast