Page 137 of 193 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1925

Does anybody here know a pcie card that supports 4x4tb drives? I want to extend the sata drives of the extreme to 10, but now I read the card I wanted to get has problems with large drives.
    Marvel has a chip that would work, the 88SE9345, but I can't find cards using it.
    The 88SE9230 doesn't do the trick, because as said it becomes unreliable above 3TB per drive.
    Any other sata chips that might work? Any pcie cards?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array FireRx PC Specs
    FireRx PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel 10900 X
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMD32GX4MA2800c16
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    Sound Cardonboard
    MonitorLG 34" curved
    Storage #1Samsung 960 M2 SSD 1 terabyte
    Storage #2Samsumg 860 EVO SSD 2Tb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H80i
    CaseLian Li VS2000
    Power SupplyThermaltake 1200 modular
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech
    Headset Powerbeats Pro
    Mouse Pad Xtrac Ripper XL
    Headset/Speakers logitech
    OS Windows 10 Pro 21277
    Network RouterNetGear
    Accessory #1 Logitech G940 FLight gear

Quote Originally Posted by Brighttail View Post
    Here is another EK response. There may be hope! :

"Hello again,

Our R&D team is already looking into solving also that rising question about 10G chip and they will come up with a solution soon we hope.
    I notified them again to take care of 10G as well. It's in progress.

Best regards, Ales "

Hey Brighttial,
    I'm a little confused. has anyone posted that there is a heat problem with the 10g chip so far. Would seem not in ASUS interest to release a Board with a heat issue like that. Just curious.
    Intel Core i9 10900X @4.7ghz @1.182v
    Asus Rampage VI Extreme [bios 3105]
    LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
    Nvidia RTX 30909 FE
    Windows 10 Pro
    32gbz Memory

New ROGer Array Blackleo PC Specs
    Blackleo PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7900X
    Memory (part number)Quad Channel Corsair Dominator Platinum
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia Titan X pascal
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia Titan X pascal

Be aware extreme beautiful Armor scratch and pins! already RMA !Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0035.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	67697Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0037.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	67698

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Brighttail PC Specs
    Brighttail PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751JT
    MotherboardAsus x299 Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7900x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 3200Mhz 4x8
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080TI
    MonitorAcer XB321HK (4k,IPS,G-sync)
    Storage #1Intel 900p (Boot) 2xSM961 (RAID 0) Games
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cool
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Platinum 95
    Mouse Asus SPATHA
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800
    Headset/Speakers Kanyo Y5
    OS Windows 10 64 bit
    Accessory #1 2 x Alphacool Full Copper Radiator 420mm/280mm
    Accessory #2 Monsoon MMRS reservoir w/ 2 x D5 Vario Pump
    Accessory #3 Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

Quote Originally Posted by FireRx View Post
    Hey Brighttial,
    I'm a little confused. has anyone posted that there is a heat problem with the 10g chip so far. Would seem not in ASUS interest to release a Board with a heat issue like that. Just curious.
    There isn't a problem with the 10G chip nor with the heatsink Asus has provided. The problem is with the EK monoblock. To install it you have to take off the VRM heatsink, which is connected to the I/O assembly via a heatpipe. On the Rampage 6 Extreme, this heatpipe COOLS the 10G chip. So if you have to remove the heatsink and the heatpipe to install the monoblock, the 10G chip no longer has any active/passive cooling.

Asus made EK aware of this issue and we have been trying for a while to get EK to tell us what is their solution. If we use their monoblock, we are losing the cooling on that chip and according to Raja here, it NEEDS to be cooled in some way. Ek has released the monoblock for pre-order and the manual for installing it, but no where in that manual is anything that acknowledges the 10G chip issue.

For EK it would be very simple to give us a $5 dollar aluminum plate, with a thermal pad that can screw into the area over the 10g chip but so far nothing concrete has been forthcoming from EK.
    Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD
    Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram
    Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by WonderSausage View Post
    Just got email notification from Amazon that the Extreme I ordered on 9/15 for 9/25 delivery has been postponed to 10/6
    I had placed my order on 17/9 and it showed expected shipping 25/9 and delivery 26-28. I haven't received any notifications yet. My order now shows "Shipping Now". Did your order show expected shipping 25/9 and what was your delivery date. How long did it show "Shipping Now" before it was pushed back. If 25 was your shipping date what was your delivery date showing.

Overclocker.co.uk had it in stock and they ship worldwide express. I talked to Amazon customer service and they said there's no way they can confirm if the board will be shipped on time. They just saw what I saw.

I'm kinda stuck whether I should cancel Amazon's and order from UK. Next week is my vacation and I've already passed 2 vacations without being able to built my PC. If I can't get for next week then I can't get a chance until Christmas. I doubt if it will be easily available before Christmas anyways

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Brighttail PC Specs
    Brighttail PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751JT
    MotherboardAsus x299 Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7900x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 3200Mhz 4x8
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080TI
    MonitorAcer XB321HK (4k,IPS,G-sync)
    Storage #1Intel 900p (Boot) 2xSM961 (RAID 0) Games
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cool
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Platinum 95
    Mouse Asus SPATHA
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800
    Headset/Speakers Kanyo Y5
    OS Windows 10 64 bit
    Accessory #1 2 x Alphacool Full Copper Radiator 420mm/280mm
    Accessory #2 Monsoon MMRS reservoir w/ 2 x D5 Vario Pump
    Accessory #3 Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCole View Post
    I had placed my order on 17/9 and it showed expected shipping 25/9 and delivery 26-28. I haven't received any notifications yet. My order now shows "Shipping Now". Did your order show expected shipping 25/9 and what was your delivery date. How long did it show "Shipping Now" before it was pushed back. If 25 was your shipping date what was your delivery date showing.

Overclocker.co.uk had it in stock and they ship worldwide express. I talked to Amazon customer service and they said there's no way they can confirm if the board will be shipped on time. They just saw what I saw.

I'm kinda stuck whether I should cancel Amazon's and order from UK. Next week is my vacation and I've already passed 2 vacations without being able to built my PC. If I can't get for next week then I can't get a chance until Christmas. I doubt if it will be easily available before Christmas anyways
    I got mine through Amazon.com and I've already been told it has been shipped with an arrival date of Friday. So far no additional notifications.
    Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD
    Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram
    Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

New ROGer Array

Newegg had them in stock for all about 5 minutes before they were sold out. Missed out on one!!!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Blackleo View Post
    Be aware extreme beautiful Armor scratch and pins! already RMA !Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0035.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	67697Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0037.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	67698
    That armor scratch needs to be replaced. But a slightly bent pin on a mobo header can easily be straightened out without any issue, unless the CPU socket has bent pins. So if you just had the slightly bent header pin, that is no big deal, easily fixed, and not worth RMA'ing and waiting at the back of the supply line again.

I noticed that your plastic wrap is completely removed from the PCIe armor. I would suggest to everyone to keep the plastic wrap attached on the PCIe armor and I/O cover until you have fully installed your mobo, and finished your leak tests if you are water-cooling. So the very last step of your PC build should be peeling off the plastic wraps on the mobo and, if you are using a new case, the plastic wraps on the glass/acrylic panes on your case. The plastic on my I/O cover was curling up on my mobos and I taped them back down. You can partially peel off the plastic to look for defects, but then press the plastic wrap back on, and don't entirely remove it until after the mobo is installed and your loop is leak-tested.

Despite Asus referring to it as "armor", it is actually very soft plastic that is used on the PCIe and I/O covers. So the vacuum-sputtering of the indium to give the silver coating added a lot of cost to the R6E, but the plastic that was used is quite soft and cheap.

And even after you have installed the mobo, you need to be careful when working around the "armor" covers because there will always be a chance of scratching that soft plastic, especially if you do not keep your fingernails completely trimmed back.
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 09-26-2017 at 04:57 PM.

New ROGer Array Blackleo PC Specs
    Blackleo PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7900X
    Memory (part number)Quad Channel Corsair Dominator Platinum
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia Titan X pascal
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia Titan X pascal

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPurr View Post
    That armor scratch needs to be replaced. But a slightly bent pin on a mobo header can easily be straightened out without any issue, unless the CPU socket has bent pins. So if you just had the slightly bent header pin, that is no big deal, easily fixed, and not worth RMA'ing and waiting at the back of the supply line again.

I noticed that your plastic wrap is completely removed from the PCIe armor. I would suggest to everyone to keep the plastic wrap attached on the PCIe armor and I/O cover until you have fully installed your mobo, and finished your leak tests if you are water-cooling. So the very last step of your PC build should be peeling off the plastic wraps on the mobo and, if you are using a new case, the plastic wraps on the glass/acrylic panes on your case. The plastic on my I/O cover was curling up on my mobos and I taped them back down. You can partially peel off the plastic to look for defects, but then press the plastic wrap back on, and don't entirely remove it until after the mobo is installed and your loop is leak-tested.

Despite Asus referring to it as "armor", it is actually very soft plastic that is used on the PCIe and I/O covers. So the vacuum-sputtering of the indium to give the silver coating added a lot of cost to the R6E, but the plastic that was used is quite soft and cheap.

And even after you have installed the mobo, you need to be careful when working around the "armor" covers because there will always be a chance of scratching that soft plastic, especially if you do not keep your fingernails completely trimmed back.
    so that's why I RMA! because when I received my motherboard today, there's no any plastic wrap on my armor,( I live in uk and I bought from scan computer! so I think its not brand new! those guys just finish their preorder mission ! )never buy things from scan anymore and RMA immediately in same day, another one from overclockers UK, hope good luck to me

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array FireRx PC Specs
    FireRx PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel 10900 X
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMD32GX4MA2800c16
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    Sound Cardonboard
    MonitorLG 34" curved
    Storage #1Samsung 960 M2 SSD 1 terabyte
    Storage #2Samsumg 860 EVO SSD 2Tb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H80i
    CaseLian Li VS2000
    Power SupplyThermaltake 1200 modular
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech
    Headset Powerbeats Pro
    Mouse Pad Xtrac Ripper XL
    Headset/Speakers logitech
    OS Windows 10 Pro 21277
    Network RouterNetGear
    Accessory #1 Logitech G940 FLight gear

Quote Originally Posted by Brighttail View Post
    There isn't a problem with the 10G chip nor with the heatsink Asus has provided. The problem is with the EK monoblock. To install it you have to take off the VRM heatsink, which is connected to the I/O assembly via a heatpipe. On the Rampage 6 Extreme, this heatpipe COOLS the 10G chip. So if you have to remove the heatsink and the heatpipe to install the monoblock, the 10G chip no longer has any active/passive cooling.

Asus made EK aware of this issue and we have been trying for a while to get EK to tell us what is their solution. If we use their monoblock, we are losing the cooling on that chip and according to Raja here, it NEEDS to be cooled in some way. Ek has released the monoblock for pre-order and the manual for installing it, but no where in that manual is anything that acknowledges the 10G chip issue.

For EK it would be very simple to give us a $5 dollar aluminum plate, with a thermal pad that can screw into the area over the 10g chip but so far nothing concrete has been forthcoming from EK.

Ah Okay,
    I just ordered my Bits so I'm happy!
    Intel Core i9 10900X @4.7ghz @1.182v
    Asus Rampage VI Extreme [bios 3105]
    LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
    Nvidia RTX 30909 FE
    Windows 10 Pro
    32gbz Memory

Page 137 of 193 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 ... LastLast