Page 105 of 193 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1925
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Brighttail View Post
    That New Zealand site still has the same 6 available as it was two days ago. Me thinks it is phantom stock.
    well I live in Australia & they ship their. I called had them double check stock was on hand, and sure enough, it was.*

I have since placed an order, will confirm once it has shipped. Assuming all goes to plan, should have this by Monday...*

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array mpoffo PC Specs
    mpoffo PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel 7900x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR = 32 GB 3200 Kit
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia Geforce 1080 FE
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorX34 Predator + 2 Samsung Aux Monitors
    Storage #1Samsung 870 EVO 2 TB/850 Evo 500 GB
    Storage #2WD 2 TB & 4TB Black Hard Drives
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum - RGB
    Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE
    Headset Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB Polaris
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 5.1 Surround THX Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk (RAX 200) AX11000
    Accessory #1 Corsair Comm. w/ Corsair HD Fans - NZXT Hue +
    Accessory #2 DX Racer King Series Chair
    Accessory #3 3D Printer/HTC VIVE/Valve Index

Quote Originally Posted by badjz View Post
    well I live in Australia & they ship their. I called had them double check stock was on hand, and sure enough, it was.*

I have since placed an order, will confirm once it has shipped. Assuming all goes to plan, should have this by Monday...*
    I really hope you are able to get it! Good luck !
    RVIE X299 System:
    Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
    Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | RTX 3090/EVGA GTX 1080 | Acer X34 Predator Monitor
    Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive
    Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Well, THIS should be interesting...

I hope that the 6 units that PB Tech has in stock are not some initial R6E versions that PB Tech is trying to sell first because their R6E product photo still shows the original VRM heatsink design from two months ago before der8auer complained about VRM heat in his YouTube videos that resulted in Asus redesigning and cutting fins across the VRM heatsinks of both the Extreme and Apex. If you look at all of the currently advertised R6E pre-order sites, along with previous Provantage, NCIX, and Newegg R6E listings that were later removed, they all showed the correct updated R6E photos with the redesigned finned VRM heatsink.

It is also very curious that PB Tech has 6 of the R6E, but the Rampage VI Apex is not even listed on their site, even though the Apex was already released a few weeks ago. And if you search for "asus x299" on PB Tech's site, they carry the entire line of Asus X299 mobos, except for the Apex, but they somehow have six R6E mobos before any other retailer in the world:

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/search?sf=asus+x299

I was taking a break from debugging software for work, so on a whim, I entered a quick chat on PB Tech's NZ site:

Me: I see that you have 5 of this in stock, is that correct? https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/MBD...l-X299-Chipset
    Bahar: Let me look into this for you.
    Bahar: Actually this the product https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...GE-VI-EXTREME/
    Me: Yes, but your product photo shows an earlier version of that motherboard. So do you know if you have the latest version of that motherboard, or if you are selling an earlier version of that motherboard?
    ...(a long 1-minute pause)...
    Me: Are you still there?
    Bahar: The best I would suggest to contact our team on websales@pbtech.co.nz they would be able to confirm that information for you

I also asked Bahar if they shipped to the U.S. and they do for an additional fee. However... after currency conversion, the $1,198.99 NZ Dollars converts to $873 USD, plus shipping fees (instead of $650 if purchased directly in the U.S.)

Keep us updated, badjz, both when you see a confirmed shipment and upload a photo of your opened R6E box when you receive it so we can all drool while we wait!

ROG Enthusiast Array

If it's any constellation, current stock on hand has now changed to 5 units. Whilst the eta has been pushed back a couple of times here in Australia from local suppliers, their is strong confirmation coming through that it will be available next week. I should have just waitied! Lol

I highly doubt asus would release a board that has undergone physical change - if so, RMA incoming!*

If it's any constellation, current stock on hand has now changed to 5 units. Whilst the eta has been pushed back a couple of times here in Australia from local suppliers, their is strong confirmation coming through that it will be available next week. I should have just waitied! Lol

I highly doubt asus would release a board that has undergone physical change - if so, RMA incoming!*
    Yes, it changed from 6 units to 5 units because you ordered one.

I read PB Tech's "About Us" and they have been around since 1993, so they are not a shady business. I just think it is curious that they carry the entire line of Asus X299 mobos, except for the Apex, even though the Apex has been out for several weeks now and would be more desirable than some of Asus' lower-end X299 mobos. And they managed to have 6 R6E's on stock.

I really do hope that you get the real thing.

ROG Enthusiast Array

As do I mate!

I'll update once it has shipped.*

As do I mate!

I'll update once it has shipped.*
    I know that Australia has lots of PC enthusiasts, and the awesome Singularity Computers is located there.

So no one in New Zealand cares to create high-end PC builds??

Even Cape Town, South Africa has DEMCiflex who makes really great magnetic dust filters in both pre-cut sets and custom designs.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I'm putting pressure on them to ship today, it may happen, otherwise they have assured me tomorrow - I placed the order at 3pm NZ time, so it's understandable.

Again, I did call & had them double check before an order was placed. The sales person actually went into the warehouse to validate stock & called me back with conformation - despite this, I'm still nervous about that it's phantom stock!!!!*

I'm putting pressure on them to ship today, it may happen, otherwise they have assured me tomorrow - I placed the order at 3pm NZ time, so it's understandable.

Again, I did call & had them double check before an order was placed. The sales person actually went into the warehouse to validate stock & called me back with conformation - despite this, I'm still nervous about that it's phantom stock!!!!*
    Well, if PB Tech's stock of 6 R6E is the real deal and not phantom stock, I just think it is hilarious that they have had 6 boxes collecting dust in their stores for several days now. PB Tech's Web page states: "PB Technologies is NZ's largest computing and I.T. retailer with 11 superstores + service centres throughout the country and over 500 staff." But apparently PB Tech still does not offer even a single box of the Rampage VI Apex, even though they stock all other Asus X299 mobos. Very strange. If these were the only 6 R6E boxes offered by the biggest computer retailer in Australia, Europe, or the U.S., not a single speck of dust would land on those boxes before they were all sold out.

So to have 6 R6E boxes sitting idle on the shelves of New Zealand's largest computing retailer, without anyone buying one box for the past three days, would be a little like PB Tech offering 6 boxes of the newly announced iPhone X before anyone else has it in stock, and those 6 iPhone X boxes just sat there unpurchased. (Of course iPhone is more popular than motherboards, but PC builders are in every country...)

EDIT: And the 5 remaining R6E boxes (5 after you ordered) are located in two PB Tech superstores in Auckland, which has 1.4 million people living there. So one-third of New Zealand's entire population lives in the city that appears to be the first city wtih actual R6E stock, but no one in Auckland seems to care...
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 09-13-2017 at 06:59 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Stop it! Your wearing down my confidence from post to post.

I don't think it's phantom stock, I think it may be the apex & they have just attached the wrong model to their webpage.

They have processed & picked my order. It will ship tomorrow. It will be a nervous wait to open that box.

Page 105 of 193 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 ... LastLast