Page 11 of 193 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPurr View Post
    (sigh...) I sense a lot of defensiveness coming from you, simply because I am discussing pricing. And you don't understand my other comments that extend well beyond VRM cooling for my purchasing decision. (shrug...)
    Honestly, the SKU you are looking for already exists - so the extensive post above is already covered. The Deluxe SKU has suited my needs for both overclocking and IO for all generations. There's also a monoblock solution, so I'm not sure what angle you are pushing personally. You either want one or the other, so which is it

ROG Enthusiast Array

(sigh...) I sense a lot of defensiveness coming from you, simply because I am discussing pricing. And you don't understand my other comments that extend well beyond VRM cooling for my purchasing decision. (shrug...)
    The R6E is NOT a financially practical motherboard. It's a motherboard you just have to "Fall in Love' with. (Big Hearts Emoticon)

Worth every penny if you enjoy the high-end gear this amazing hobby and ROG have to offer you.

Heck, just buy it!

Edit Addendum: So if I turn my pics upside down and then load them, they will appear rightside UP? Hahahahaha

This mobo in the pic below is a R5E10, yup I'm replacing it with a new Rampage 6 Extreme. Extreme Baby!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1331.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	66372
    Last edited by iBruceypoo; 07-31-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iBruceypoo View Post
    Week 33 begins August 13th.

Going to set the R6E RGBs to a nice "TRON" static blue with 4 GSkill 3200MHz 14latency RGB modules to sync with the ROG Aura software. Then layer two hyper white strips off a separate Aquaero 6 LT controller bright for building/troubleshooting.

Grabbing an 8-core 7820X binned from Siliconlottery.com at 4.8GHz, already purchased (2) Intel Optane Memory NVMe 32GB SSDs for the DIMM.2 riser card in RAID 0. May pick up 2 more Optane SSDs if the R6E can support a 3rd M.2 under the TRON Armor, along with an AquaComputer Kryo M.2 EVO riser card in PCIe slot number 4, so (4) 32GB sticks total or 128GB in RAID 0. That should be enough capacity until the Intel 900P Optane SSDs launch later this year.

GO ROG!

why are my photos upside down Raja Sir?

Looks like some funky forum stuff. Are they showing up the right way round in the editing panel? Never seen this bug before...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Looks like some funky forum stuff. Are they showing up the right way round in the editing panel? Never seen this bug before...
    Even when I rotate them 90deg on my desktop, they still upload upside down. It's like they're possessed.

I'll try to fix them later gents, for now, I'm really sorry.

I'll get an image host and try to fix this.

How you doin' Raj? Hangin in there Bro with all the work you guys got going on right now?

Must be a record number of new platforms and mobos developed and produced since January of this year for ROG. Geeez, thanks for all your hard work.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Not at all. Just sensing a lot of over-deliberation, so I'm giving you level-headed advice.
    Raja, I would have to respectfully disagree. Asking 20 questions about whether to buy a shirt in blue or green color is over-deliberation. But asking several questions about the features and design of a $700 motherboard is definitely not over-deliberation.

I hope that TweakTown or Gamers Nexus does a full review, benchmarks, and tear-down circuit analysis of the RVIE within the next few weeks though.*

Even when I rotate them 90deg on my desktop, they still upload upside down. It's like they're possessed.

I'll try to fix them later gents, for now, I'm really sorry.

I'll get an image host and try to fix this.

How you doin' Raj? Hangin in there Bro with all the work you guys got going on right now?

Must be a record number of new platforms and mobos developed and produced since January of this year for ROG. Geeez, thanks for all your hard work.

No worries. Everyone is stretched right now. I'm going back to HQ again in a few weeks.

Raja, I would have to respectfully disagree. Asking 20 questions about whether to buy a shirt in blue or green color is over-deliberation. But asking several questions about the features and design of a $700 motherboard is definitely not over-deliberation.

I hope that TweakTown or Gamers Nexus does a full review, benchmarks, and tear-down circuit analysis of the RVIE within the next few weeks though.*

FWIW, the logic for onboard features usually falls off around half the price of the flagship models. Anything higher than that isn't going to stand up to level-minded scrutiny - ever.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Within this hobby, and at this level, $700 for a World Class motherboard ... is not much money.

Maybe if you are new to all this it may seem like a lot, OK.

Heck, this will be my 4th ROG Extreme board and the cost becomes easier to justify every single generation.

I use my ROG boards for getting work done, so they pay for themselves and then some many times over, I honestly buy them because some of the features will literally get you out of trouble so many times during troubleshooting and/or updating, and I don't call anyone to keep my work flowing, I have to be my own IT guy.

ROG Extreme boards are used by many professionals as workstation boards. If you ask me, should be called the Republic of Workers.

The Asus WS boards are also beautiful, but I don't need (7) PCIe slots for my work and I do not want the extra heat out/watts in those PLX chips use for doubling, tripling, whatever they do to the PCIe lanes.

So Excited about the R6E, planned this about two years ago, now IT'S Finally Happening. OH Dear God.
    Last edited by iBruceypoo; 07-31-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Yeah, mine's going in a desk build. Probably team it up with a 10-core and the next gen of NV GPUs.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

The R6E is NOT a financially practical motherboard. It's a motherboard you just have to "Fall in Love' with. (Big Hearts Emoticon)

Worth every penny if you enjoy the high-end gear this amazing hobby and ROG have to offer you.

Heck, just buy it!
    Hey Bruceypoo, believe me, I know alllllllllllllllll about buying things that are not financially practical, but I bought them because I fell in love with them.

This year, I upgraded all my PC builds to beautiful tempered glass cases. So now I have six In Win Tou 2.0 mirrored glass cases, two Phanteks Evolv ATX tempered glass cases, and one Corsair 570X case. Eight of the PC builds are connected through two 4-port DisplayPort KVM switches, and one Tou 2.0, my only gaming build with an OC'ed i7-7700K and two GTX 1080 Ti, has its own separate keyboard and display. The In Win Tou 2.0 is the most beautiful PC case that I have ever seen, and I bought 6 of them at a cost of $1800 each, for a total of $10,800 spent on just those six cases. One Tou 2.0 case remains empty and awaits my second i9-7900X build.

As I mentioned in an earlier verbose post, I have been building and tinkering with PCs since the 1980s.

To understand why I fell in love with the Tou 2.0 and think it is worth $1800, I have been a glass artist for 20+ years, creating stained glass, fused glass, and hot glass art, I also create glass jewelry (necklaces, earrings, bracelets) for my wife, and our house is filled with my glass art along with my own oil paintings, hand-painted furniture, and faux-finished walls. I created GPU support stands, power supply shrouds, and SSD and hard drive covers out of iridescent mirrored glass that changes colors like a chameleon inside each Tou 2.0 case, and the Corsair HD120 fans and RGB strips light everything up like gemstones. The frames of all my fans are also wrapped in iridescent glass. Friends say that our house looks like an art gallery, and now my home office matches the glassy decor in the rest of the house. I also modified both Phanteks Evolv ATX cases to have mirrored glass panels on the top and front, both to improve airflow and to totally encase them in glass.
    Last edited by DragonPurr; 07-31-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Page 11 of 193 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast