Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Unhappy Winflash updated my ROG GL-502VM to incompatible BIOS 300incompatible, touchpad dead

    Hi,

    My touchpad has stopped working after Winflash updated my BIOS to a version that the PC is not designed for. As a result, Windows 10 thinks my touchpad is disconnected and I cannot even drivers to install properly because the OS believes there is a physical disconnection.

    Can you please update the BIOS for the ROG GL 502VM and fix any errors in WinFlash as I am sure I'm not the only person who has suffered this problem.

    As a workaround, I have to have a mouse plugged in at all times in order to use my pointer.

    Please let me know what we can do.

    Best regards,

    Maekail
    Last edited by mbawkher; 10-14-2017 at 05:10 PM.

  2. #22
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Sorry to jump on this thread with yet another model but i actually noticed a new BIOS (305) on my GL 702 VSK.

    I do not remember installing it on my own and interestingly on the asus update page it stops at 304.....anyone noticed it?

    I did not witness any significant heat differences though while still applying undervolt on the CPU

  3. #23
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Bran187 PC Specs
    Bran187 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL502VMK
    MotherboardMSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition
    Processori7 4790
    Memory (part number)16 GB GSkill DDR3
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070
    MonitorHP Pavilion 32q
    Storage #1120 GB SSD
    Storage #21TB HDD
    CPU CoolerCM 212
    CaseFractal Define R4
    Power SupplySeasonic 650W
    Keyboard Corsair K55
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
    Headset Plantronics Rig
    Mouse Pad Glteck XXL
    OS Windows 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    204

    Quote Originally Posted by tdeneve View Post
    Sorry to jump on this thread with yet another model but i actually noticed a new BIOS (305) on my GL 702 VSK.

    I do not remember installing it on my own and interestingly on the asus update page it stops at 304.....anyone noticed it?

    I did not witness any significant heat differences though while still applying undervolt on the CPU
    A Bios wouldn't happen unless you did it. They don't get pushed out with windows updates, and they don't happen automatically. So either you somehow got ahold of and flashed a yet to be released bios, or your laptop shipped with a bios that they have yet to push out to the public.

  4. #24
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    204

    Back in July I somehow came across a driver page for the GL702VS that was hosting a new 305 BIOS which I downloaded and applied.

    here is the thread I made at the time https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=BIOS

    The link I used no longer works and I've since not been able to find that BIOS online anymore, I feel like it was released by accident but there is a 305 someone out there for the GL702VS. Not sure what it changed to be honest but my machine has worked fine ever since.

  5. #25
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by Bran187 View Post
    A Bios wouldn't happen unless you did it. They don't get pushed out with windows updates, and they don't happen automatically. So either you somehow got ahold of and flashed a yet to be released bios, or your laptop shipped with a bios that they have yet to push out to the public.
    I emailed yesterday ASUS regarding that and another question, i will let you know what they tell me

  6. #26
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    I received the answer back from ASUS here it is:

    It can happen that the BIOS version would be uploaded on the website later than it is delivered to end users via Asus Live Update, therefore it would not indicate a fault.

  7. #27
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    BIOS update for GL502VM

    Hi,

    I have GL502VM with 6700HQ. When I check BIOS drivers from the following link I can see a file with name "BIOS 300(GL502VML)". Is this compatible with my version?


    https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-...Desk_Download/

    Also there is a 305 version for GL502VMK. I wonder why there isn't any bios update for GL502VM since 2016/10.

  8. #28
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    41

    Quote Originally Posted by piedpiper View Post
    Hi,
    I have GL502VM with 6700HQ. When I check BIOS drivers from the following link I can see a file with name "BIOS 300(GL502VML)". Is this compatible with my version?
    https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-...Desk_Download/
    Also there is a 305 version for GL502VMK. I wonder why there isn't any bios update for GL502VM since 2016/10.
    As far as I can see, yes, version 300 is the latest for the GL502VM with the Skylake CPU (i7-6700HQ).
    To be sure, use the BIOS Flash Tool, which has an automatic update search tool.

    The reason for it to be from October 2016, and no update has appeared, is because Intel has not released an update.
    And this is a good thing: because it is a stable CPU.
    I my opinion, Skylake is stable from day one.

    To be honest, if an update appears, I will not install it (in both Skylake and Kaby-Lake) because it will mostly slow your computer to address the latest bugs and holes in the memory linkage.
    Furthermore, there is this bug:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06...yperthreading/

    All these bugs we have no idea if Intel has a patch to correct them interely, and if Asus has patched if before.

  9. #29
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    the bios firmware for gl702vmk is really bad on my opinion. it crashes and freezes. on both bios firmware that is available which is bios 300 and 303. and it has high temp too. I was wondering if there will be better bios that will be released?

  10. #30
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Still waiting for a bios update for gl502vs 6th gen.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •