cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Gladius II - Bugs in software, profiles resetting?

Ghozer
Level 7
Hi,

I recently purchased a Gladius II RGB and have noticed a few bugs already... (not even had it 24 hrs yet)

Firstly, I set some profiles in Armoury....
on one of them set SYNC off, and set the scroll as Cycle, base as reactive, and logo static...

When I switch to one of the OTHER profiles using the buttons, then back - the scroll wheel doesn't cycle any more, and I have to go in and reset it...

second, if I reboot - I have to set up all 3 profiles via Armoury again - they aren't saved, or the mouse is defaulting back after reboot..

third, if I use Aura Sync to sync all devices (Case, gpu, mouse, RAM) they all sync fine, but if I unlink the mouse again, I once more have to re-set the profiles in Armoury...

unplugging the mouse, and plugging it back in also resets the profiles....

I have also noticed, that rebooting, seems to totally clear all profiles I set - so I have to reset them on each boot!

Oh, and a speed setting for each of the effects would be awesome 😄 - like Aura Sync has - (Armory has some nice effects that aren't in Aura Sync also)
97 REPLIES 97

Ghozer
Level 7
So does Asus actually read this?

This is VERY annoying, having to re-set the profiles on every reboot/boot....

:S

Bahz
Level 12
Thanks for your feedback, I'm trying to gather back all the issues between AURA software and Amoury. Can you please share the Armoury software version, mouse FW version, and AURA version? I'll pass all of this information over to our software team and we'll try to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Hi

The versions are the latest...

Armory SW: 1.02.07
Mouse FW: 0178
Aura Version: 1.3.13.0

I have just had a new bug today... I recently attended a LAN party, and unplugged my mouse and PC - when I got to the LAN, the mouse worked as it has been...

But when I returned home, I have plugged the mouse in, and when I open Armory - there is only one profile on lighting, and certain effects don't work at all, some work but not on the scroll wheel etc...

and when I try and switch to another profile using the button's on the mouse (such as profile 2, middle and front:side) Armory crashes...

Ghozer wrote:
Hi

The versions are the latest...

Armory SW: 1.02.07
Mouse FW: 0178
Aura Version: 1.3.13.0

I have just had a new bug today... I recently attended a LAN party, and unplugged my mouse and PC - when I got to the LAN, the mouse worked as it has been...

But when I returned home, I have plugged the mouse in, and when I open Armory - there is only one profile on lighting, and certain effects don't work at all, some work but not on the scroll wheel etc...

and when I try and switch to another profile using the button's on the mouse (such as profile 2, middle and front:side) Armory crashes...

Thanks for the info, our team is already working on this and additional information like this is very useful for us. Thanks again for your help.

TgW357
Level 7
Hi !

I have exactly the same probleme with a gladius 2, the setting is reset after every restarts or when Aura is starting...
How Aura and Armoury cannot work together ???

Ok, further updates from what I have tried / played with...

using Aura, and enabling sync on the mouse, seems to work (all LED's go out, then come back on) - except the mouse doesn't light up..
if I un-sync the mouse in Aura, the reset reset, and the mouse sat with no lights.....

Opening Armory, resulted in blank options (no tabs or images showed, just the main armory red window with black background)

I tried to run the FW update from within the Armory directory, it successfully completed and reset the mouse to default profiles, which seem to work (from the mouse buttons)

Opening Armory, crashes instantly...

The mouse profiles seem to work fine still, switching between the 3 default profiles, but I cannot currently create any custom ones because Armory cannot open..

I will play with it some more later, i'll uninstall/reinstall Armory etc and have a play...

Ghozer wrote:
Ok, further updates from what I have tried / played with...

using Aura, and enabling sync on the mouse, seems to work (all LED's go out, then come back on) - except the mouse doesn't light up..
if I un-sync the mouse in Aura, the reset reset, and the mouse sat with no lights.....

Opening Armory, resulted in blank options (no tabs or images showed, just the main armory red window with black background)

I tried to run the FW update from within the Armory directory, it successfully completed and reset the mouse to default profiles, which seem to work (from the mouse buttons)

Opening Armory, crashes instantly...

The mouse profiles seem to work fine still, switching between the 3 default profiles, but I cannot currently create any custom ones because Armory cannot open..

I will play with it some more later, i'll uninstall/reinstall Armory etc and have a play...

Thanks for the additional information, I'll do the same and pass it over to our peripheral team. Once we have a new software version available to target this then I'll try to get the beta first from them to share with you.

I uninstalled Armoury, and reinstalled it, and it still crashes instantly when opening..

Bahz
Level 12
You can try cleaning your registry with CC Cleaner first before reinstalling.