cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG's Zenith Extreme Motherboard + Ryzen 16-Core 64 PCIE Lane Thread Ripper

Techotic
Level 7
This looks like one sweet looking board. Info HERE.

Will probably try out this new Thread Ripper (with a wooping 16-Core 64 PCIE lanes) now that Intel has screwed things up.

6 REPLIES 6

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Techotic wrote:
This looks like one sweet looking board. Info HERE.

Will probably try out this new Thread Ripper (with a wooping 16-Core 64 PCIE lanes) now that Intel has screwed things up.

How has intel screwed things up by pushing out higher core CPUs? ill just pickup a 8 core its enough for me and overclock it to 5ghz i doubt AMD will be able to clock this high.

LiveOrDie wrote:
How has intel screwed things up by pushing out higher core CPUs?

Neither brand has pushed anything out yet...Time will tell which is more compelling and can claim more HEDT market share.

But a paper launch like this is only slightly less shameful for Intel than no response at all. At this point AMD just looks better for having an actual product as opposed to being the company saying "me too". Oh, and Intel can take it's dongles and shove em.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

LiveOrDie wrote:
How has intel screwed things up by pushing out higher core CPUs? ill just pickup a 8 core its enough for me and overclock it to 5ghz i doubt AMD will be able to clock this high.

They f'cked up by unnecessarily cutting out the PCIE lanes. The 6 and 8 core will only have a measly 28 PCIE lanes. You'll need to get the 10 core (or more) to get 44 PCIE lanes. That is complete BS on Intels part. What makes it worse is Intel's 10 core will cost around $1000 US. The AMD 16 core / 64 PCIE lane Thread Ripper is rumoured to be priced at $849 US.

Also note, ALL Thread Ripper SKU's will have 64 PCIE lanes, and all for under $1000. Which makes Intel's attempt at a cash grab, a complete joke.

Vlada011
Level 10
ASUS just build nicest AMD motherboard in history.
ROG X399 Zenith.
Board is black-dark but not monotonous as some cheaper variants of other brands.

4 premium ROG motherboards, all of them differente types and attractive for self...
two X299, one X399 and one X370

ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme AM4 X370 arrive with angled 24pin... that's nice to see. 🙂
We could say that ASUS copy that from EVGA, but EVGA copy from ASUS port shield and cut PCB as ASUS.
ASUS first show up with port shield on mobo (Rampage IV Black Edition), and next year every single brand have mobo with Port shield.
Than ASUS close completely Port protector to look nice and flat on (Rampage V Edition 10) and now I see on some other brands, they done same.
That's prove that ASUS is leader and innovator for motherboards.

Vlada011
Level 10
That's very bad, first Intel 8 core looked me as good option.
Now only i9-7900X have sense or AMD 1998X.
I would really like to find i9-7900X cheaper without warranty but tested and completely healthy.
Than I could put him on table and sell RVE-i7-5820K and to buy Rampage VI Extreme. Now board is black and I don't need to wait Black Edition or to wait something.
Later only Dominator Special Edition 32 to replace my 16GB. But most important CPU and mobo, installation and testing Cinebench, Geekbench, RealBench, pictures....everything. That would be really nice. I have in pocket money if i9-7900X show up for some reasonable price, maybe even ES, why not but better official version, don't need to be retail in box. Only healthy CPU.

Techotic
Level 7
The best thing to do (as Jay says in the video), is to wait. I wouldn't waste money on a ES chip. In a couple of months when threadripper drops, and the if the reviews are all positive, Intel might actually drop their prices. Last thing you want, is to be stuck with a flakey overpriced ES chip lol.