cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think my (x99) Rampage V Edition 10 is dead

CuRle
Level 7
Hi there.

A few night ago, I was using my PC, when it suddenly (instantly) turned off. No freezing or lock up of any kind, just instantly went out.

Since then, I have not been able to boot. When I attempt to boot, I get nothing, no post, no picture at all on the screen. My Q Code display stays on 00.

I've tried clearing the CMOS, flashing the BIOS, using the second BIOS, disabling each memory bank, disabling one GPU then trying the other. Nothing has worked.

Is it likely my CPU, motherboard or both have died?

Thanks.
12 REPLIES 12

Nate152
Hi CuRle

If clearing the cmos and updating the bios didn't help, you are correct to suspect the mobo or cpu, it could also be the psu too.

Korth
Level 14
Check your CR2032 motherboard battery.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Check your CR2032 motherboard battery.

Just checked it. It's reading 3.15v.

FuryA
Level 8
hi, CuRle
You can contact the ASUS service centre in AU
to help You get RMA service

Zka17
Level 16
As Nate152 mentioned, before RMA your board, check your PSU... if it possible, then use a PSU tester...

jrmcdou
Level 10
I hope you have better RMA service in AU than in the US. Here you would be waiting weeks just to get the same board back with an excuse and some added scratches. If they did replace it you would get a used one with added scratches and be lucky if it worked. They have the worst support and QA on the planet. If your board dies the best thing you can do is bite the bullet and buy a new one.
Rampage VI Extreme bios 1503
Core i9 7980XE @ 4.4ghz all cores
64 gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600
2x RTX 2080 Ti FE NvLink/SLI
2x Samsung 970 Pro 1tb NVME
Corsair AX1600i
Corsair 1000D case
1x Dell U3818DW 38" Curved Ultrawide and 2x Dell S2716DG 27" 1ms GSYNC 2560x1440 144 hz
Win 10 Pro x64

Chino
Level 15

RMA process is not something I'm looking forward to. I've never had to RMA anything, but I imagine it'll be at least two weeks before my very expensive paperweight is a functional PC, again.

I have another system I can use to test the PSU but I'm not enough of a baller to have spare X99 CPUs/mobos lying around.

I'll test the PSU after work. If it's fine, I guess I'll be RMAing the board.

Nate152
Since code 00 doesn't tell us much it would probably be best to RMA the cpu too. If you RMA the board and still have code 00 then you'll have to RMA the cpu.

RMAing both will save you down time and you'll be sure to have it working in one shot.