Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by sdmf74 View Post
    So I just attempted to install the new version of Aura 1.05.11 and its just stuck at 22% wont finish installing! Let it sit for 10 minutes, So many problems jeez.
    This is a few day old fresh windows 10 pro install with just a few additional programs. Only had Aura 1.04.43 installed prior...

Attachment 65971

So I had to ctrl +alt +del to end the install cause the cancel button did not work and upon restarting it said scanning c: drive, then it had to do an automatic repair then I got a blue screen asking me to restart or advanced startup!!! This is a BRAND NEW Samsung 960 pro 512gb bought a few days ago and installed windows fresh. The only thing that could have caused this is Aura. Im sorry but this is getting to be ridiculous.

Second attempt failed with another error but after that I was finally successful getting Aura uninstalled and version 1.05.11 installed, all seems ok but I dont know if my pc had to do a system restore or if it was able to just repair itself. I hope my windows install isnt borked already.
    Note to future self: When installing Asus software first do a system image of my C: drive... ok got it. Now that thats out of the way.

At first glance it appears that things are working better in the new version of Aura ie Temperature mode is useful now with the ability to set temps and it actually starts out green and turns yellow as the temps rise as opposed to it just being yellow at all times.

The pinkish issue when setting the color to red seems to have been fixed.

So far the only real issue I have seen is the FLASH & DASH mode still does not look right, It does change speed now but something about it just isnt right I cant explain it but for anyone that used it a couple versions ago when it was working properly will know what I mean, for now I will just use Comet mode & some of the other modes. Too bad though cause flash and dash was one of the best modes.

I will test the other modes such as music etc. later when I have more time but it definately seems improved... once you get it installed.
    Thanks Bahz for relaying our issues and getting alot of things fixed.
    Thanks again for taking the time to provide your feedback, I already had another 2 people who had similar issue installing the software. I will pass all off this information over to our team.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Please download 1.05.11 from your motherboard download page as 1.04.43 is now an older version.
    The same error

WARNING: Following frames may be wrong.
    aura+0x72f1a
    aura+0x7818e
    aura+0x6be8c
    aura+0x3212a
    aura+0x2c67c
    aura+0x84ec5
    aura+0x98e71

ROG Enthusiast Array GeorgeKps PC Specs
    GeorgeKps PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700X
    Memory (part number)G. Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix RX580 Top OC
    Sound CardOn board
    MonitorAcer XF270HUA
    Storage #1Samsung NVMe 960 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2WD, 2TB Green, 1TB Green, 2TB Gold, Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
    CPU CoolerArctic Liquid Freezer 240
    CaseThermaltake Core X71
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Asus Claymore + Keypad
    Mouse Roccat Nyth
    Headset Sennheiser hd 598
    Mouse Pad Razer Sphex V2 Regular
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z506
    OS Windows 10 Home
    Network RouterZTE ZXHN H168N

Hello guys

I installed Aura software version 1.05.11 (even thou i had to manually uninstall the previous version, restart the computer and only then install it for it to work) and i run at the same exact problem as with all the previous versions.

When the GPU LEDs do anything else other than be static or off, games (specifically Guild Wars 2) in borderless window have a constant freezing of about half a second. During that freeze, the mouse movement is working normally but at the "background". The freeze influences only the graphics part of the game and only in borderless window and only if the LEDs on the graphics card are doing something else than be static or off. So, if i move the mouse from point A to point B, if the freeze happens during that move, the mouse ends up being to point B even though the screen was frozen for about half a second.

Switching to window or to full-screen makes the problem go away.

A fix would be really appreciated.

Thank you

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeKps View Post
    Hello guys

I installed Aura software version 1.05.11 (even thou i had to manually uninstall the previous version, restart the computer and only then install it for it to work) and i run at the same exact problem as with all the previous versions.

When the GPU LEDs do anything else other than be static or off, games (specifically Guild Wars 2) in borderless window have a constant freezing of about half a second. During that freeze, the mouse movement is working normally but at the "background". The freeze influences only the graphics part of the game and only in borderless window and only if the LEDs on the graphics card are doing something else than be static or off. So, if i move the mouse from point A to point B, if the freeze happens during that move, the mouse ends up being to point B even though the screen was frozen for about half a second.

Switching to window or to full-screen makes the problem go away.

A fix would be really appreciated.

Thank you
    Do you have Ryzen Master running? Have you tried closing that to see if you still have this problem? It seems like the freezing issue is only occurring for users with X370 boards.

ROG Enthusiast Array GeorgeKps PC Specs
    GeorgeKps PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700X
    Memory (part number)G. Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix RX580 Top OC
    Sound CardOn board
    MonitorAcer XF270HUA
    Storage #1Samsung NVMe 960 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2WD, 2TB Green, 1TB Green, 2TB Gold, Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
    CPU CoolerArctic Liquid Freezer 240
    CaseThermaltake Core X71
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Asus Claymore + Keypad
    Mouse Roccat Nyth
    Headset Sennheiser hd 598
    Mouse Pad Razer Sphex V2 Regular
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z506
    OS Windows 10 Home
    Network RouterZTE ZXHN H168N

Do you have Ryzen Master running? Have you tried closing that to see if you still have this problem? It seems like the freezing issue is only occurring for users with X370 boards.
    I haven't installed Ryzen Master on my computer. I have even reinstalled windows 10 too, tried different Crimson driver versions also. There isn't a problem until i make changes to GPU lighting effects. If LEDs on the GPU are static or off, everything is fine. All other options are a no go

:/

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array sdmf74 PC Specs
    sdmf74 PC Specs
    MotherboardMAXIMUS IX FORMULA
    ProcessorI7 7700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980TI K|NGP|N
    Sound CardON BOARD
    MonitorASUS PG279Q, BENQ XL2420TE, LG 55LM5800
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 512GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 850 PRO 512GB, SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK VELOCITY RGB
    CaseCASELABS MERLIN SM8 (2 TONE)
    Power SupplyEVGA 1300G2 SUPERNOVA
    Keyboard WOOTING ONE, DUCKY ONE TKL RGB
    Mouse RAZER BASILISK
    Headset SENNHESIER G4ME ZERO
    Mouse Pad REFLEX LAB XXXL
    Headset/Speakers KLIPSCH PRO MEDIA 2.1
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC86U

Hello Bahz, after using v1.05.11 for a few more days I have noticed a couple issues that were not present in v1.04.42.

1. The software no longer obeys the bios option to disable led's in "sleep, hibernate and soft off states"
    2. when I leave my computer and come back to a wake from S4 or S5 my ram will be in rainbow effect while motherboard retains the (usually) comet mode I was using prior
    ASUS Maximus 9 Formula, Intel I7 7700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti K|ngP|n
    G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB, EVGA supernova 1300G2, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, Wooting One/Ducky One TKL RGB, Razer Basilisk, EK Velocity RGB w/ HL SR2 360MP & HL Nemesis GTX360, Samsung 960 pro 512gb(OS), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb(games), Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Asus PG279Q 165HZ, BenQ 144hz, Windows 10 pro

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by AHTOHuO View Post
    The same error

WARNING: Following frames may be wrong.
    aura+0x72f1a
    aura+0x7818e
    aura+0x6be8c
    aura+0x3212a
    aura+0x2c67c
    aura+0x84ec5
    aura+0x98e71
    Try downloading the software again, are you getting these issues during installation, while running the program for the first time after installation, or does this error show up randomly?

Also try uninstalling the program then use CC Cleaner to clean up registry before reinstalling. It seems like there are issues right now when you don't manually uninstall previous versions before reinstalling current version.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeKps View Post
    I haven't installed Ryzen Master on my computer. I have even reinstalled windows 10 too, tried different Crimson driver versions also. There isn't a problem until i make changes to GPU lighting effects. If LEDs on the GPU are static or off, everything is fine. All other options are a no go

:/
    Ok thanks for this additional information, I'll report this over to our team.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by sdmf74 View Post
    Hello Bahz, after using v1.05.11 for a few more days I have noticed a couple issues that were not present in v1.04.42.

1. The software no longer obeys the bios option to disable led's in "sleep, hibernate and soft off states"
    2. when I leave my computer and come back to a wake from S4 or S5 my ram will be in rainbow effect while motherboard retains the (usually) comet mode I was using prior
    Thanks for this extra info, I'll pass the information over to our software team.

ROG Member Array

Try downloading the software again, are you getting these issues during installation, while running the program for the first time after installation, or does this error show up randomly?

Also try uninstalling the program then use CC Cleaner to clean up registry before reinstalling. It seems like there are issues right now when you don't manually uninstall previous versions before reinstalling current version.
    Hello! Thank you for your help, I've fixed the problem.
    In my case the problem was in a disconnected cable which should connect RGB "Ports shield" lights and the motherboard.
    I dont know if it was an assembly error on Asus factory or my local shop sold me used (returned) motherboard as new and previous customer disconnected it.
    Anyway the fact is: I connected that cable, screwed the "Port shield" back and had not a single error since that time. Everything works perfect with any version and in each effect.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast