Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by AHTOHuO View Post
    Hello! Thank you for your help, I've fixed the problem.
    In my case the problem was in a disconnected cable which should connect RGB "Ports shield" lights and the motherboard.
    I dont know if it was an assembly error on Asus factory or my local shop sold me used (returned) motherboard as new and previous customer disconnected it.
    Anyway the fact is: I connected that cable, screwed the "Port shield" back and had not a single error since that time. Everything works perfect with any version and in each effect.
    Great to hear that the problem is resolved

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array sdmf74 PC Specs
    sdmf74 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)N/A
    MotherboardMAXIMUS IX FORMULA
    ProcessorI7 7700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980TI K|NGP|N
    Graphics Card #2N/A
    Graphics Card #3N/A
    Graphics Card #4N/A
    Sound CardON BOARD
    MonitorASUS PG279Q, BENQ XL2420TE, HISENSE 55H9F
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 512GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 1TB, SAMSUNG 850 PRO 512GB, SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK VELOCITY RGB
    CaseCASELABS MERLIN SM8 (2 TONE)
    Power SupplyEVGA 1300G2 SUPERNOVA
    Keyboard WOOTING ONE, DUCKY ONE TKL RGB
    Mouse LOGITECH G PRO HERO
    Headset SENNHESIER G4ME ZERO
    Mouse Pad REFLEX LAB XXXL
    Headset/Speakers KLIPSCH PRO MEDIA 2.1
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC86U, ASUS RT-AC68U

I just found some new softwares to download on the ROG IX drivers page and all went well except one, the gamefirst IV driver is hung on install.
    ROGGameFirst_IV_V1.6.3.0 is stuck on the "removing INI files entries" part of the install. see pic below....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GAMEFIRST IV ISSUE.PNG 
Views:	73 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	66125

been installing for 20-30 minutes, Will reboot and try again.....

Restarted PC and got these errors back to back....

Name:	sonic suite error on strtup after trying to install gamefirst IV.PNG 
Views:	71 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	66126

Name:	sonic suite error 2nd on strtup after trying to install gamefirst IV.PNG 
Views:	68 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	66132

Not sure how Im getting a Sonic suite error (updated yesterday & its been working fine) while updating Gamefirst IV software? Guess I have to reinstall audio drivers again....

I finally got Gamefirst IV to install and tried opening the program and this happens...

Name:	gamefirst error while opening.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	66129

OK so I closed the program and then chrome crashed so I rebooted again and keep getting the sonic suite error so I tried to reinstall audio drivers and this happened... try again doesnt help.

Name:	ERROR UPON REINSTALL OF AUDIO DRIVER.PNG 
Views:	71 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	66127

Then I get this error...

Name:	2ND ERROR REINSTALLING AUDIO DRIVERS.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	66128

Im trying to keep my sanity but I have never seen so many issues with Asus drivers in my life, Does anyone test software before release anymore.

So ive been working on this for the past few hours, after I installed the new Gamefirst driver ive had nothing but issues. My os drive had errors I needed to scan and fix then almost all my Asus software either wouldnt load or produced an error while trying to load or uninstall or both.
    I had to uninstall my:
    audio drivers
    Intel lan
    Gamefirst IV
    And just decided to get rid of Ramcache II (got fed up with its issues)

So now im in the process of reinstalling everything again
    Last edited by sdmf74; 07-21-2017 at 04:26 AM.
    ASUS Maximus 9 Formula, Intel I7 7700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti K|ngP|n, G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB
    EVGA supernova 1300G2, EK Velocity RGB, Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb, 960 pro 512gb(OS), 850 EVO 1tb, 850 Pro 512gb,
    Asus PG279Q 165HZ, BenQ 144hz, Hisense 55h9f, Windows 10 pro

Ex-employee Array

There is QT done internally before release but there are too many software with constantly changing versions and each software is handled by different teams. I had a meeting yesterday with GPU Tweak II team to discuss about the conflicts caused by Sonic Studio or possibly caused by it. Some software are not developed in house, so they're developed by other outsourced software companies and it complicates things and increases the possibility of conflicts. With software, there's really no such thing as being bug-free since you can't test every other software out there to make sure there aren't conflicts. Many have mentioned how there's often conflicts with other ASUS software, for sure it seems strange because these software from the same company but why are there quite occasionally conflicts between these software? The main reason is caused by different environment, majority of the issues that get reported don't occur for everyone, it occurs for that person because of conflicts in his system environment. With software development it will be a process to improve this, they're constantly revising the test plan to include more testing which causes for much longer development period and often people then keep complaining how it takes so long for another version.

sdmf74 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)N/A
    ProcessorI7 7700K
    Graphics Card #2N/A
    Graphics Card #3N/A
    Graphics Card #4N/A
    Sound CardON BOARD
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO

Yeah I know im aware of most of what you said I was just venting, got a little heated when things stared crashing and affecting hardware and other software. My apologies.
    Gonna kinda suck if Sonic studio is causing major conflicts since its bundled with the Realtek drivers. Sonic studio / realtek / sonic radar should all be seperate installs.

Im gonna attempt to reinstall Gamefirst IV one more time and see if its successfull after removing the older versions of softwares mentioned and only installing the most recent versions by themselves.
    Actually as im typing this im reinstalling the realtek drivers and its hung at about 90% Im not sure whats going on, Ill probably have to reinstall windows again after only a couple weeks.

So I rebooted and I am still getting this error on startup every time even though I uninstalled the realtek/sonic suite/sonic radar drivers with revo uninstaller and removed the extra folders etc. (I had to cause the windows uninstaller failed every time I tried to uninstall the audio drivers).
    Im not sure why or what to do other than a fresh windows install

Name:	sonic suite error 3rd on startup.PNG 
Views:	67 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	66133

I THINK I got most of it worked out after many install/reinstalls and 8+ hours of headaches, will test some more tomorrow, just decided to no longer use RamCacheII as I think it was causing issues not only with my C: drive but my secondary drives as well.
    Last edited by sdmf74; 07-21-2017 at 06:18 AM.
    ASUS Maximus 9 Formula, Intel I7 7700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti K|ngP|n, G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB
    EVGA supernova 1300G2, EK Velocity RGB, Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb, 960 pro 512gb(OS), 850 EVO 1tb, 850 Pro 512gb,

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by sdmf74 View Post
    Yeah I know im aware of most of what you said I was just venting, got a little heated when things stared crashing and affecting hardware and other software. My apologies.
    Gonna kinda suck if Sonic studio is causing major conflicts since its bundled with the Realtek drivers. Sonic studio / realtek / sonic radar should all be seperate installs.

Im gonna attempt to reinstall Gamefirst IV one more time and see if its successfull after removing the older versions of softwares mentioned and only installing the most recent versions by themselves.
    Actually as im typing this im reinstalling the realtek drivers and its hung at about 90% Im not sure whats going on, Ill probably have to reinstall windows again after only a couple weeks.

So I rebooted and I am still getting this error on startup every time even though I uninstalled the realtek/sonic suite/sonic radar drivers with revo uninstaller and removed the extra folders etc. (I had to cause the windows uninstaller failed every time I tried to uninstall the audio drivers).
    Im not sure why or what to do other than a fresh windows install

Name:	sonic suite error 3rd on startup.PNG 
Views:	67 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	66133

I THINK I got most of it worked out after many install/reinstalls and 8+ hours of headaches, will test some more tomorrow, just decided to no longer use RamCacheII as I think it was causing issues not only with my C: drive but my secondary drives as well.
    Hopefully you get it all worked out, all the information you provided to date have been very helpful for us to identify certain issues so we really appreciate your help.

sdmf74 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)N/A
    ProcessorI7 7700K
    Graphics Card #2N/A
    Graphics Card #3N/A
    Graphics Card #4N/A
    Sound CardON BOARD
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO

Thank you! I was hoping my information would be helpful & also hoping that I wasnt becoming an annnusance with all the info.
    thankfully I didnt have to reformat windows and everything seems to be working good now. Really strange that I had errors on my new Samsung 960 pro 512gb
    and somehow my indexing got turned off and several programs (almost all Asus) stopped working, they would produce an error when opening them. Foobar2000 was one non asus program that was affected, my whole cd library on a secondary drive was corrupted according to windows. I was able to delete & rebuild the index and windows sucessfully repaired the drive on startup & I was able to recover my cd library.
    It took 4 tries installing and uninstalling the new Audio drivers but finally I got them working and the "Bad Image" error on startup is no longer occuring.

RamCache II has an issue where when you restart the PC it shows the "this program is preventing shutdown" message & eventually the pc will return back to desktop without
    restarting and RamCache hanging asking you to stop the program, you can then close the program and restart succesfully. RamCache started doing this more frequently and then
    it began doing it ever time I restarted my pc. This is an ongoing issue that goes back to RamCache I & previous versions, below you will see an old thread I came across that explains the issue. I replied to someone (post #7) that explained the exact isssue I was having and his post was from December 2016!
    I now think that this is what caused the errors on my C: drive and may have borked all the other programs & drivers as well, as I mentioned before because of this I am no longer using
    the RamCache II software (its probably not needed with my Samsung 960 pro anyway). The system seems much more responsive overall now without it anyway.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-bit&highlight
    Last edited by sdmf74; 07-21-2017 at 04:54 PM.

sdmf74 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)N/A
    ProcessorI7 7700K
    Graphics Card #2N/A
    Graphics Card #3N/A
    Graphics Card #4N/A
    Sound CardON BOARD
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO

There is a newer version but unfortunately it too has issues, mainly not saving settings after reboot or resuming from sleep

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

Hi sdmf74,

If there are any more issues please update on the latest AURA thread. Thank you!
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-thread/page11

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11