Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange FPS drop Probleme.

AlexiLaih0
Level 7
Hey guys,

I've got a strange FPS drop problem.

Sometimes I play games like BF1, Witcher 3... the fps will drop significantly for less than a second..
I can fix the problem by booting into the bios (uefi) and just exit without saving.

My Rig:
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
16 gigs of Trident Z RGB Memory @ 3200mhz (and actually they really run on 3200 😛 ).
GTX 1070

Yeah of course the CH6 😄

https://valid.x86.fr/0v244v - Link for more details.
All drivers are installed and as far as I know the newest ones. Despite from the drops it is always easily above 60fps...
Then the drops happen there are no spikes either. So that I could think of some background process is making trouble. (And that would be really strange couse reboot to Bios, exit without save and boot windows again solves it always :confused:).

I'm on Beta Bios 9945.

And only adjustments I did was turn off this AI Overclock thing (that on that boosts the vcore...)

Setted my Ram timings, choosen 3200mhz setted dram vcore to 1.35 and the vcore startup one to 1.35 too.
Undervolted the 1800x a bit by offset (already tried without that dont solves the fps drop problem.)

Does anyone has experienced an similiar problem? Does someone may know how to permantly fix it ?

Best regards and sorry for my just ok english 😃
Alexi
11 REPLIES 11

entropic-remnan
Level 9
How is your power plan set up in Windows? I had weird problems in some games with the Ryzen Balanced plan and went back to the Window High Performance plan and they stopped happening.

I'm on 9945 also using p-state overclocking in the BIOS on a 1700 non-X. It's been very good to me on this BIOS and other than that whole power plan weirdness no dropouts like you're experiencing. Not sure what could be causing it except what I mentioned.

Since many people from other countries speak English better than some of us do (who are SUPPOSED to speak it well) I wouldn't apologize. You're doing fine, Alexi.

Maybe someone else has a clue but the power plan is all I can think of at the moment.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

entropic-remnan
Level 9
sorry about the double post...
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

I had problems with 9945 beta. My memory is Hynix 3200 cl16-18-18-38. In my tests i saw drop fps after a period.
Now i`m testing 9943 bios and i not having problems with fps drops... meybe, try test with 9943 bios.

Eleiyas
Level 10
Entropic-Remnants is pretty knowledgeable about this board and setups (as far as I can tell from reading many a post), so I think they should be able to help you ^^

Hi, firstly thanks for your answers.

@entropic-remnants
I'm indeed using the Ryzen Balanced Plan. Nice Hint. I gonna try! Thank you.

@CanalPC
Nice guess too, I think I gonna try 9943.

Thank you all for your answers and feedback. I will try your guesses and will report back later.
Hopefully I will report back that its solved =)!

You can use the Thaiphoom Burner to Read the XMP profile and see what is rhe chip manufacture.
This program show all timings parameter for you.

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
Entropic-Remnants is pretty knowledgeable about this board and setups (as far as I can tell from reading many a post), so I think they should be able to help you ^^

Ha ha! You're too kind, especially considering the way I beat you guys up on this forum over the pace of development. Yes, I understand how much is going on and there's only so many experienced engineers to address it -- but I still "hold your feet to the fire", lol.

This is a fine board with as yet unrealized "out of the box" potential. I love mine now since AGESA 1.0.0.6 betas in particular. Please keep going!

Thanks.

Hey all,

just as a quick info. It seems like bumping up the SoC Voltage a bit elimanted all problems.
The sometimes fail at coold boot are elimnated by this too.

Now running stable at 3200mhz DDR4,
3.9ghz by pstate overclocking @ 1,286v
Let it by offset (negative offset, 0,0675v).

But I kinda think the RAM had hickups cause of not enough SoC Voltage, it's now at 1,14..v?

Best regards

ealterry
Level 7
Hi AlexiLaih0,

I used a same setup as yours. If you do not mind, can you share with me on the OC setup? I am not that good in OC things but would like to gain a knowledge on it. Hope I can learn it from your setting to begin with.

Cheers