cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Updates for Problem with left side of G751JY USB port ?

sam37
Level 7
Hello, I want to know if the freeze problem of windows when connecting a USB device on the left part of the computer (G951JY) was solved or partially? I have seen all the other subjects, but I do not see any solution.
6 REPLIES 6

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,

Feel free to request more feedback from others, but if you haven't talked to your local ASUS support or ASUS repair center, suggest discussing with them about it too if you're interested in going this route.
Hopefully we can get some replies from people who have tried this.
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

cl-Albert wrote:
Hi,

Feel free to request more feedback from others, but if you haven't talked to your local ASUS support or ASUS repair center, suggest discussing with them about it too if you're interested in going this route.
Hopefully we can get some replies from people who have tried this.
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

He proposes to send it back, because their solution does not work, my guarantee is finished, is what I have to pay the repair? They tell me
"Then you have the possibility to communicate directly to the workshop your wish to continue or not to repair your product.
In case of refusal of estimate I inform you that the expenses of diagnosis and the expenses of port will be at your expense. (~ 75 €) "
If I want to continue the repair, will it be paid for? And the shipping costs? What are the repair times generally?
Thank you

Clintlgm
Level 14
Hmm I don't remember any post on this issue? the left USB Port do not work well with USB 3.0 hard drives and will drop off. If your having freezing of your OS that is something else? This issue has been so from the G75, G750, G751 I think it has been resolved on the G752 at least my G752VY does not have the issue. Since your out of warrany I would suggest you do the same thing I did on my G75 that did have the issues on the left USB 3.0 ports get a right hand USB 3.0 adapter cable and use a 4 port Hub this works well I still use the cable and hub on my G752
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Hmm I don't remember any post on this issue? the left USB Port do not work well with USB 3.0 hard drives and will drop off. If your having freezing of your OS that is something else? This issue has been so from the G75, G750, G751 I think it has been resolved on the G752 at least my G752VY does not have the issue. Since your out of warrany I would suggest you do the same thing I did on my G75 that did have the issues on the left USB 3.0 ports get a right hand USB 3.0 adapter cable and use a 4 port Hub this works well I still use the cable and hub on my G752

This is what I currently do with my external display, but if I want to resell my pc I would have liked that this problem no longer exists.

Well the issue is the MB does not supply enough amps to the ports under heavy use such and transferring large file there just isn't enough amperage there to run a hard drive. Most likely the connection between the MB and Daughter Board the Left ports are on. On some models I remember some people had RMA and the problem was solved but for the most part most of us just use the left port for USB 2.0 stuff.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Well the issue is the MB does not supply enough voltage to the ports under heavy use such and transferring large file there just isn't enough amperage there to run a hard drive. On some models I remember some people had RMA and the problem was solved but for the most part most of us just use the left port for USB 2.0 stuff.

I do not even make a transfer, the simple connection causes this problem, if I delete the device, I obviously have more problem, but I can no longer access the device, so it will come from the driver. After you are probably right for the tension, but how to fix that?