Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by DanniV8 View Post
    Incorrect temp readings at stock? How so. I came here because I'm not believing my temp readings. I have a Corsair H75 and when I put all fans to full blast but the system is at idle, the temps readings for the CPU go down to 15°C and for the CPU Diode 11°C. Just can't believe those readings are accurate.

Latest BIOS, 1201.
    If you are using a 1700 (non-X) I think you need to go into 'Tweakers Paradise' in the BIOS and set SenseMI Skew to disabled.

I believe this is the setting that fixes the temp reading for the 1700X/1800X, but it also applies the same thing to the 1700 which seems to results in way lower than accurate temp readings.

I see 15C at idle on my 1700 when SenseMI is at 'Auto', and around 60C max load overclocked using 1.3 volts at 3.7ghz.
    Using 'Disabled' I see around 25C at idle, and 70~ when stress testing in cinebench, cpu z benchmark etc. Seems much more accurate

ROG Member Array DanniV8 PC Specs
    DanniV8 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG Strix 15.6" GL553V
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2B3216
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX1080
    Sound CardBuilt in
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster P2450
    Storage #1250GB Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 ssd
    Storage #2500gb Samsung 840 SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H75
    CaseThermaltake Chaser A31
    Power SupplyCorsair AX750
    Keyboard Logitech G15 Gen. 2
    Mouse Logitech G402
    Headset Sennheiser G4ME ONE
    Mouse Pad Steelseries
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by alexjames View Post
    If you are using a 1700 (non-X) I think you need to go into 'Tweakers Paradise' in the BIOS and set SenseMI Skew to disabled.

I believe this is the setting that fixes the temp reading for the 1700X/1800X, but it also applies the same thing to the 1700 which seems to results in way lower than accurate temp readings.

I see 15C at idle on my 1700 when SenseMI is at 'Auto', and around 60C max load overclocked using 1.3 volts at 3.7ghz.
    Using 'Disabled' I see around 25C at idle, and 70~ when stress testing in cinebench, cpu z benchmark etc. Seems much more accurate
    Just tried and getting much more believable numbers now. I'm at 3,4GHz. Getting stable 61-62°C with the H75 fans at full blast and AIDA64 stability test going on for 6 minutes.

Idle temps are still jumpy, jumping from around 26°C to 40°C and then back down. Same with PCH temps. Is probably at 45°C, but jumps down to 1°C, then up to 110°C, then down to 70°C before resting again at 45°C, and then starting it all over again in a few seconds time.

OP: I humbly apologize for the thread jack!

ROG Member Array

Weird, my PCH temps cut out often as well as a few other senors. I guess it's not much to worry about though.
    I am glad your temps seem to be reporting properly now though

I'd just like a new BIOS with AGESA 1.0.0.6 & some communication from some Asus employees....

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by DanniV8 View Post
    Incorrect temp readings at stock? How so. I came here because I'm not believing my temp readings. I have a Corsair H75 and when I put all fans to full blast but the system is at idle, the temps readings for the CPU go down to 15°C and for the CPU Diode 11°C. Just can't believe those readings are accurate.

Latest BIOS, 1201.
    H110iGT here, at 3.9ghz it's idle is about 25-28 depending on ambient (no more than 1oc more) and then 40-50oc Gaming... Around 40oC during wow raids. Coolest CPU ever.

If temps are high reseat. I use Artic MX4, I take off the stock Corsair tim.

ROG is nothing more than "Ripping Off Gamers"

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by IonstormEU View Post
    H110iGT here, at 3.9ghz it's idle is about 25-28 depending on ambient (no more than 1oc more) and then 40-50oc Gaming... Around 40oC during wow raids. Coolest CPU ever.

If temps are high reseat. I use Artic MX4, I take off the stock Corsair tim.

ROG is nothing more than "Ripping Off Gamers"
    At this point, I agree with that last statement...

Which CPU are you using, and have you disabled SenseMI Skew?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by alexjames View Post
    At this point, I agree with that last statement...

Which CPU are you using, and have you disabled SenseMI Skew?
    Just a standard 1700, I can boot stable 4.2ghz but idle temps are 45-50 and gaming temps are around 79-75, so not worth it.

I was fiddling around 4050-4150 for a lower core but ended up stopping and reverting to 3.9 - since it seems to take ten minutes to boot when changing an overclock setting.

SensiMI, no idea - any boosting or performance bias is disabledthough and SMT is forced on.

Compared to my 3570k running at either 4.2 or 4.4ghz it's incredibly cool since that was hitting 80s on a warm day or GTA 5 long plays. The 4.2 was only 70s mind.

If AMD wanted to leap ahead - they should have really invented some tech that load balances single core usage to all cores... World of Warcraft hammers the crap out of one for me still, if Ryzen pretended to use one core but spread it over all then this would have been a beast in gaming.
    Last edited by IonstormEU; 06-13-2017 at 09:28 AM.

ROG Member Array FredFlint PC Specs
    FredFlint PC Specs
    MotherboardC6H
    Processor1800X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3200MHz C14D
    Graphics Card #1FuryX
    Storage #1Samsung SM951 256GB
    CPU CoolerH100i V2
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX - Silver
    Power SupplyEVGA 650W G2
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 700

Quote Originally Posted by IonstormEU View Post
    If AMD wanted to leap ahead - they should have really invented some tech that load balances single core usage to all cores... World of Warcraft hammers the crap out of one for me still, if Ryzen pretended to use one core but spread it over all then this would have been a beast in gaming.
    Mega brains around the would have been trying to do this efficiently for decades, it’s not going to happen any time soon, if ever.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Clowns

ASUS YOU CLOWNS!!!!!!

B SERIES BOARDS GET AGESA 1.0.06 AND ROG DOESN'T? IS THIS NEGLECT WHAT YOU CALL PREMIUM????

You're giving people with HALF THE COST BOARDS Access to BIOS Updates FIRST? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

ROG Enthusiast Array dAlexis PC Specs
    dAlexis PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI (X370)
    Processor1800X
    Memory (part number)CMK64GX4M4A2400C16
    Graphics Card #1RX Vega 64
    Sound CardSB ZxR
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i
    CaseObsidian 900D
    Power SupplyAX 1500
    Keyboard Roccat Talk FX
    Mouse Roccat Nyth
    Headset Roccat XTD Analog 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro

ROG are more complex MBs indeed. By the way, 1401 beta looks OK 4 me. Bugs will be found on simple production.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array FoxTech PC Specs
    FoxTech PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1800x @4,0Ghz
    Memory (part number)Dominator Platinum @3333Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1080 @2000Mhz-Boost clock 2138Mhz
    Sound CardSoundblaster Z
    MonitorSamsung 34"curved S34E790C
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro
    CPU CoolerCustom water cooled
    CaseThermaltake Core X9 (modified)
    Power Supplybe quiet! DARK POWER PRO 11 850W
    Keyboard Steelseries Apex 500 Gaming
    Mouse ET-X08
    Headset HyperX Cloud Gaming
    Headset/Speakers Kingston Cloud Gaming B/W
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64

Quote Originally Posted by dAlexis View Post
    ROG are more complex MBs indeed. By the way, 1401 beta looks OK 4 me. Bugs will be found on simple production.
    I'm using 1401 Beta since yesterday.
    I have to say, that I could run 4x8gb HyperX Fury 2666 stable on the 1201 aswell.

With the newest Beta i tryed to overclock the HyperX a bit further. 2800Mhz @1,3v with slightly faster timings as at stock are working fine.
    Bios has choosen the timings for me.
    So AGESA 1.0.0.6 works at least for me.

Temps are shown correctly now in the OS. FanExpert (AIsuite3) can be used again in the way it should be.

But its still odd, the CPU don't throttles in Windows, when you overclock the processor via Bios.
    I hope, the official 1401 will fix this problem aswell.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast