cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agesa 1.0.0.6 bios?

MysticPixie
Level 7
Is there any guidance on when we might be able to expect an official BIOS release (i.e. non-beta) with the 1.0.0.6 AGESA update?

I'm hesitant to run a beta BIOS.
22 REPLIES 22

entropic-remnan
Level 9
My cynical reply to that (and I don't know anything really, lol) is that we will see that after they get done with the current development on X299 Intel and X399 Threadripper boards.

There are WAY too many development efforts underway with all these new platforms and you can't just hire somebody off the street to make them work -- you have to use your experienced "A-team". I really think at this point the Crosshair VI is not the priority and as much as I hate that, it's pretty normal at times like this.

Except for my onboard RGB control system, my board works perfectly now under the beta 1.0.0.6 BIOS. For me it's not such and issue and though I'd like to see an "official" BIOS with all the functions that implies, I'm doing pretty well. A lot of us with 1.0.0.6 -- with a lot of effort -- now have our RAM working at speed. That pretty much addresses the number one complaint of most users.

Sadly, many of those users aren't either capable or perhaps willing to do the necessary work (that should NOT be necessary) to get the board tuned with the new AGESA. Still, it could be that they see it that way at ASUS: "we're pretty good now, we'll clean up the Crosshair when we can but right now we have to have working X299 and X399 boards to ship."

I could be wrong, just speculating -- but it falls in line with my experience as an engineer.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

entropic-remnan
Level 9
By the way, if memory compatibility is your problem, and you decide to try 9943 or 9945, here's a couple of posts on tuning your memory using some of the new parameters that AGESA 1.0.0.6 allows you to tweak:

My tutorial is here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93472-Get-Corsair-Dominator-CMD16GX4M2B3200C16-Up-to-Speed

Syldon did this one as well: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93566-Memory-setup-and-what-to-change

We are doing the same general thing, but communicating it differently so use whichever you find better for you.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

MysticPixie
Level 7
You're probably right on the focus on the new platforms.

Frankly given how the launch of R7 went, I don't think ANY of the motherboard vendors expected the demand for Ryzen to be as high as it was, and they're not about to make that mistake with ThreadRipper, AND they're starting to work on more/better features for newer boards.

I'm actually a little miffed at myself for not holding out a little longer for ThreadRipper. Then again, such things are hard to predict and I honestly thought I'd have to save for a year or so to pick up Naples (now EPYC). Plus my FX-8150 was a tad long in the tooth.

Well maybe I'll give the new betas a try. Though I'd be a lot more comfortable if they were actually hosted on the official ROG/Asus site.

I disagree with most of the comments made. Please take a look at Gigabyte and Asrock. Also please look at the dates!;

https://www.techpowerup.com/233983/tpu-ryzen-bios-digest-issue-7
https://www.techpowerup.com/233886/tpu-ryzen-bios-digest-issue-6

No Comment.

sphinx64 wrote:
I disagree with most of the comments made. Please take a look at Gigabyte and Asrock. Also please look at the dates!;

https://www.techpowerup.com/233983/tpu-ryzen-bios-digest-issue-7
https://www.techpowerup.com/233886/tpu-ryzen-bios-digest-issue-6

No Comment.

This is my FIRST ROG board, I got this because ASUS pushed down everyone's throats as the best board for overclocking and RAM speeds. I now find out that their AM4 B series boards are getting BIOS updates thick and fast with nothing in a month for the CH6.

This feels like a total scam fest, I'm honestly and sincerely thinking about sending this board back - I purchased it with Amazon and they're very easy going with returns.

For anyone at ASUS reading, I've been a hardcore gamer for 15 years, this is only my 2nd ASUS board, this first was a dud back in the Core2Duo days and your after sales is abysmal for the ROG.

I would have been better off saving £50 and buying the MSI Carbon. Sort your stuff out or your new and existing customers will be giving you with your lackadaisical approach to your core customers.

Those 9943/45 BIOS dont even work on my board...
I can enter the bios after clearing, but saving any settings (even optimal defaults) will cause it to poweroff 2 secs after pressing the powerswitch...
I'm trapped at 1201... not only that, but it does the same thing after waking up from sleep or wall plug off on 1201 as well... I've never had these issues with my previous board. It just worked.

FredSAS wrote:
Those 9943/45 BIOS dont even work on my board...
I can enter the bios after clearing, but saving any settings (even optimal defaults) will cause it to poweroff 2 secs after pressing the powerswitch...
I'm trapped at 1201... not only that, but it does the same thing after waking up from sleep or wall plug off on 1201 as well... I've never had these issues with my previous board. It just worked.

Asus AURA was one of the core reasons I bought the mobo, oddly enough it'll change colours randomly on nearly any boot, and some times the windows app does jack!

This is supposed to be a premium board from a trusted manufacturer, this obviously isn't the case.

I was looking at getting a Asus strix 1070 or 1080 depending on VEGA reductions but I won't be buying an Asus card now.

I too had your issues on the "official" BIOS, my ram settings would never save, intact the latest bios that is supposed to be a bigger fix only allows my ram to boot at 2100.

It's really pathetic! Also mouse in BIOS is totally unusable.

If I was you I'd RMA my board - seems dodgy to me, and I might be going the same with mine, although I'm stable 4ghz with 1800+ RAM with a 1700 and Corsair dominator 3000mhz rated memory.

I see people hitting 3666 or 4000 and feel slightly dead inside.

My mate has the indentic setup apart from an MSI board, he's been running 2666mhz since he got his setup, last month he got a bios update and had been running stable 3.9ghz with 3000mhz ram straight after updating.

Very unsettling, all this "Republic of Gamers" my more of a "Repulser of Gamers".

No update from any developers, no BIOS updates, incorrect temp readings at stock settings...
Not what I expected from the most expensive AM4 board. Wish I went with the Taichi instead.

alexjames wrote:
No update from any developers, no BIOS updates, incorrect temp readings at stock settings...
Not what I expected from the most expensive AM4 board. Wish I went with the Taichi instead.

Incorrect temp readings at stock? How so. I came here because I'm not believing my temp readings. I have a Corsair H75 and when I put all fans to full blast but the system is at idle, the temps readings for the CPU go down to 15°C and for the CPU Diode 11°C. Just can't believe those readings are accurate.

Latest BIOS, 1201.