Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura V1.04.42

Big_Gray
Level 8
Updated Aura is up on the support page:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

Fingers crossed for those having problems.
16 REPLIES 16

entropic-remnan
Level 9
No joy. Installed, not working.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

entropic-remnants wrote:
No joy. Installed, not working.

I updated cpu-z as instructed (rebooted). Unistalled Aura (rebooted) installed new version (cold boot).

Still getting "Install driver fail" and "Start driver fail" when I open Aura. My LED's (MB + 2 strips) are working and changes I make seem to be applied correctly. When I have had problems (all off), I have simply clicked on the default button to get them back on. Only difference I can see with this new version is my RX580 now seems to be synched better. Previously it would drift out of synch.

Personally, I would RMA that board if it were mine, but that is your choice. I dont get this Aura problem with CH6. So many different boards, GPU's etc have already been made with Aura built in. Or am I assuming, incorrectly, that these are working without problems?

entropic-remnan
Level 9
I'm not taking down a necessary system and going without to RMA a board that otherwise works. Too many people have had this problem for my board to be an isolated case.

My solution is simply not to buy anything else ASUS. They F'd up and they've lost me as a customer for the forseeable future.

If I had another machine or was willing to buy one, yeah, RMA for loss of lighting would be worthwhile thing. Just not in my current setup.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

Didn't work fully on first install, only detected RAM and Video card but I had AI Suite open at the time and it complained about something in use.

Uninstalled AURA, Uninstalled AI Suite.
Rebooted.
Reinstalled AURA.

Everything is working.

entropic-remnan
Level 9
Don't have AI Suite installed, no memory RGB, have had Aura uninstalled for weeks now. Wish mine worked like yours is.

entropic-remnants wrote:
Don't have AI Suite installed, no memory RGB, have had Aura uninstalled for weeks now. Wish mine worked like yours is.

ask for an RMA. After a week mine still works with Aura and 9945 BIOS. Still have some issue tho.

At this point i think that your (and mine before RMA) is hardware related...

entropic-remnan
Level 9
Probably, but I can't be without this machine and the board works where it needs to work. RMA not a desirable option but you're right it's what I should do. Oh well.

Glad to finally hear of some persistent success with this issue though. It took way too long for them to find a fix for a lot of these.

skellattarr
Level 10
I just installed it and the new cpu-z it shows my memory now but when I open the program I still get the install driver fail and start driver fail. what I did do was disable corsair link from starting just in case it would conflicked with it. has anyone ran corsair link at the same time if so what hapens?
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 64gb 4x16 timings 16,18,18,38
asus rog strix gtx 1080
TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb, 10 tb hdd and a 1tb mushkin ssd
corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
thermal take view 71 case

entropic-remnan
Level 9
I got past the driver install fail by right clicking on the setup and using "Run as Administrator". Not sure if that's universally a solution though.