Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    M.2 RAID on H270F GAMER

    Hello
    I am setting up a new system with 2 Samsung 960 EVO M.2 on H270F board with i7 7700. I have used the Ez Tune Wizard and manual setup. The steps I have followed are
    Go to Advanced , PCH Storage Configuration, SATA Mode Selection, and select Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration
    1. Reboot and then Create The Raid - No Problems -
    2. Disable CSM - When I do this and after rebooting I am continually returned to the BIOS screen - No boot devices - Windows 10 USB is inserted

    Manual Setup
    2. Re-enable CSM then Go to Advanced , PCH Storage Configuration, SATA Mode Selection, and select Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration
    3. Reboot and then Create The Raid - No Problems -
    4. Reboot to Windopws 10 USB, Load Drivers for Raid from USB Stick. Windows sees the Raid drive but cannot install to it because this computers hardware may not be supporting booting to this device. Ensure the Disk's controller is enabled in the computers bios

    I get this message if I use the EzTune wizard or Manual.
    I have updated BIOs to 0308 and 0607 and get the same result with both
    I hope someone can assist me as I cannot see why its not working
    Thanks in Advance
    Gary

  2. #2

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Hi Chino
    Yes I have tried UEFI and Other OS and same result

  4. #4
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    241

    Hi garyes,

    Question. Why did you setup RAID using Legacy OptionROM and then switch to UEFI driver? This transition may sometimes fail due to optionROM behavior.

    I will suggest to:

    1. Set Boot\CSM Support = Disabled
    2. Set Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration\SATA Mode Selection = Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration
    3. Press F10 to save and exit.
    4. You will now find RAID configuration options in BIOS, please build RAID in here instead, then F10 to save and exit.

    See if this helps to iron out your issue.

    regards,


    Quote Originally Posted by garyes View Post
    Hello
    I am setting up a new system with 2 Samsung 960 EVO M.2 on H270F board with i7 7700. I have used the Ez Tune Wizard and manual setup. The steps I have followed are
    Go to Advanced , PCH Storage Configuration, SATA Mode Selection, and select Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration
    1. Reboot and then Create The Raid - No Problems -
    2. Disable CSM - When I do this and after rebooting I am continually returned to the BIOS screen - No boot devices - Windows 10 USB is inserted

    Manual Setup
    2. Re-enable CSM then Go to Advanced , PCH Storage Configuration, SATA Mode Selection, and select Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration
    3. Reboot and then Create The Raid - No Problems -
    4. Reboot to Windopws 10 USB, Load Drivers for Raid from USB Stick. Windows sees the Raid drive but cannot install to it because this computers hardware may not be supporting booting to this device. Ensure the Disk's controller is enabled in the computers bios

    I get this message if I use the EzTune wizard or Manual.
    I have updated BIOs to 0308 and 0607 and get the same result with both
    I hope someone can assist me as I cannot see why its not working
    Thanks in Advance
    Gary

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Thanks Asus-Op
    I did it that way because when CSM was disabled and I was booting with a Microsoft USB all I could get was to be returned to the BIOS setup. There were no boot options in the Bios. I have tried a USB that I created from an earlier download of Windows 10 Anniversary and it has allowed me to boot up and install Windows 10. Thought I would try it again so I deleted the RAID and went thru the Process again and when I attempted to boot to Microsoft USB I got the same issue again of simply being returned to the BIOS setup page. When booting from my Anniversary Edition Boot USB it loaded up the same as before so I now have Windows 10 installed. I don't understand why it will not boot to a Microsoft USB. The USB was purchased 2 weeks ago.
    Would you be able to shed some light possibly as to why ?
    Thanks

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    339
    Posts
    15,255

    You can try redoing your USB with the latest copy of Windows with RUFUS.

  7. #7
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    241

    Glad to see the problem is resolved.

    The contents to allow UEFI boot on your genuine Windows 10 installation USB may be crapped to have caused that.
    I will also suggest to follow the suggestion by Chino to rebuild the contents of your genuine Windows 10 installation USB.

    regards,

    Quote Originally Posted by garyes View Post
    Thanks Asus-Op
    I did it that way because when CSM was disabled and I was booting with a Microsoft USB all I could get was to be returned to the BIOS setup. There were no boot options in the Bios. I have tried a USB that I created from an earlier download of Windows 10 Anniversary and it has allowed me to boot up and install Windows 10. Thought I would try it again so I deleted the RAID and went thru the Process again and when I attempted to boot to Microsoft USB I got the same issue again of simply being returned to the BIOS setup page. When booting from my Anniversary Edition Boot USB it loaded up the same as before so I now have Windows 10 installed. I don't understand why it will not boot to a Microsoft USB. The USB was purchased 2 weeks ago.
    Would you be able to shed some light possibly as to why ?
    Thanks

  8. #8
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    [IThanks Chino & Asus-Op
    Thanks for your replys - appreciate being able to get helphttps://rog.asus.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.png
    I am at a loss because the Microsoft USB works OK on a non raid Setup. My RAID has now loaded OK and is running well. WOW boot times of 3-5 seconds and shut down as quick. I am a small pc reseller and have been a long time user of Gigabyte boards but I shall be using ASUS boards again now. This is great. One other question you may be able to assist with - I have an Antec Kuhler and not every but most times when my PC boots I get a CPU Fan error and have to enter the bios. The CPU fan is spinning and when I go into BIOS its spinning about 750. I have temporarily disabled it but not happy about that. I am using the 0607 bios update.
    I have the CPU fan on A socket not B.
    Thanks

  9. #9
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    241

    ASUS BIOS triggers fan warning at BIOS default settings if it cannot detect CPU fan (fan connected to the CPU_FAN header) to spin higher than 600RPM when it samples the fan speed during POST stage.

    To fix this problem, here are the suggestions:

    Option 1:
    1. Connect the water pump power to the AIO_Pump header
    2. Connect any of your water pump fan to the CPU_Fan header (note, it will not register readings from CPU_OPT_FAN header as a valid reading)
    Done
    Note: Set CPU Fan Low Speed Warning from the default "600 RPM" to "Ignore" if it still happens, as some fans may allow very low spin such as some quality Noctua fans.

    Option 2:
    1. Leave all settings as they are, and go under Q'Fan Settings, set CPU Fan Low Speed Warning from the default "600 RPM" to "Ignore"
    2. Press F10 to save and exit.
    Done.

    Let us know if this does not help to resolve this problem for you.

    regards,

    Quote Originally Posted by garyes View Post
    [IThanks Chino & Asus-Op
    Thanks for your replys - appreciate being able to get helphttps://rog.asus.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.png
    I am at a loss because the Microsoft USB works OK on a non raid Setup. My RAID has now loaded OK and is running well. WOW boot times of 3-5 seconds and shut down as quick. I am a small pc reseller and have been a long time user of Gigabyte boards but I shall be using ASUS boards again now. This is great. One other question you may be able to assist with - I have an Antec Kuhler and not every but most times when my PC boots I get a CPU Fan error and have to enter the bios. The CPU fan is spinning and when I go into BIOS its spinning about 750. I have temporarily disabled it but not happy about that. I am using the 0607 bios update.
    I have the CPU fan on A socket not B.
    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •