cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ekwb rgb water block ramapage v ed 10

eddie_long
Level 7
hi all
i was just after some help ref the above item , i'm a newbie as you might have guessed ,last year i built my first system and i used a rampage v ed 10 but at the time i could only afford an AIO cooler , so i saved my spare cash until i could upgrade to a full loop , i purchased a rog certified water block as i thought i would do it properly , and after reading on forums that if you want to keep the io cover it is a pain at best to try and separate the items, so i contacted asus to see if i could purchase io cover as a separate item , only to be told if i fitted the water block it would void my guarantee , so am now very hesitant about fitting it ,any one else had this problem
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15
Unfortunately, the I/O cover is part of the whole cooling solution. So basically you have to strip the motherboard naked to put on the monoblock. I'm assuming that's the one you're looking at?

Zka17
Level 16
Theoretically, if you mount a waterblock on your mobo and remove the original heatsink, you won't loose your warranty - just recently read that in one of the threads here...
However, the key is to remove the original heatsink in a way that you have to be able to re-mount it if you need to RMA.
In the case of the R5E10, this is very hard to do if you also want good look... The original I/O block is looking good, but there is a heatpipe inserted in its bottom... it is hard to pull it out intact... I just simple cut it - but then I lost the warranty... c'est la vie...

Loosing your warranty is part of the watercooling experience... at least I considered so (never RMA'd a component hurt by water)...

thanks for the input , i figured as much , i was just concerned about it , but as you say part of the journey if you want to have your own unique style of rig