cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R these system stats okay? Just built the cross vi hero x370 with the ryzen 7 1800x

Sjf2k17
Level 7
Had to disable the cpu fan monitoring in the bios because am using the corsair h110i pump, also had to lower the dram voltage because it's default was set to auto on the Ai Overclock Tuner using 1.37 volts when they're 1.2 ... using - 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black, PC4-19200 (2400), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 16-16-16-39, XMP 2.0, 1.2V.

My mate says my cpu is too high I don't know if it is or isnt. Could someone reassure me? Also I'm told the cpu volts too high but I haven't edited no bios settings except the ram volt and disabling cpu fan monitoring as I admittedly have no clue about all these technicalities.6524765246
6 REPLIES 6

Sjf2k17
Level 7
p.s. I don't do true overclocking and wont YET as in my country any of that voids warranty so no need to include questions about OC. I'm having other issues too but ill explain after i get some feedback on this post first.

when i run CPUID ROG validate my screen turns off and my motherboard shows this error... dunno if its an 8 or B in the manual it shows nothing about an 8 alone its got a gq-code for an 08 and 0B... someone help please...

CPUID Info - http://valid.x86.fr/dyzxqg

updated bios using - CROSSHAIR VI HERO BIOS 1201
Update AGESA code to 1.0.0.4a and improve system compatibility

well seen as no one answered which was very nice of you, i fixed it myself, regulated the ram voltage, regulated the cpu voltage as by default they where set too high, plugged the corsair 3 pin onto the cpu header instead of the AIO header and all done 😄

Hello there,

Patience is a virtue. You are not that special just because you bought this hardware to expect a reply within 24 or 48 hours... I got a 1800X with a DIY overkill water cooling solution. You idle CPU temps are ok

Since you touched the BLCK you are in oc mode so voltages are going to get bumped a bit. Try running everything by default and get us a screenshot.
At least boot with the highest memory speed you want but don't touch the BLCK. Have 4x8 GB @ 3200mhz Cas 18 and SOC voltage set to 1.43: cpu vcore is set on auto and idles around 1.242( i use the balanced A%D Ryzen power profile to prevent core parking). Bear in mind with XFR its does fluctuate a LOT! Have seen it go above 1.45.

This board seems to always bump the voltage a step or two higher than what u set. Setting for ram 1.35 translate into 1.37.

Specify the BIOS you are using. Mine is 1107. Waiting a bit before I jump to the latests 1401 which has the latest AGESA code from AMD.

If you want to get the most out of this board you'd better to some digging on the technicalities.

PeZzy
Level 7
It's normal for the 1800x temperature to jump around from 42 to 53 degrees C under non-OC conditions.

purecain
Level 9
I was just going to say, keep your voltages under 1.4v. 1.395v @4ghz is fine for 24/7. as far as we know right now.

your going to have to learn how to use the ddr4 modules you have and how they behave under certain conditions if you want to get the most out of them. not all ddr4 is equal so there is a lot of misinformation going around compounded by a complete and total lack of effort to explain the situation to the community.
AsusCrosshairHeroVIII - 5950X
32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz B-Die + 16gb4266Mhz B-Die
Asus Tuf RTX3090
1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
Seasonic Focus1000w 80+ Gold
Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal