cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Problem with GTX 1080 Ti

ctr16
Level 7
Hi all,
Recently i bought a new graphic card Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme from Gigabyte. After seating GPU in PCIEX16 slot it turns out that my monitor shows black screen. So i tried to reseat then change to other 3 PCIEX and nothing comes up. I checked using HDMI and DP cables. Then I`ve checked by multimeter my PSU. 12V, 5V, 3,3V ware ok. Next I`ve pluged HDMI into iGPU and tryed to find solution in UEFI BIOS. In UEFI bios I checked if it see my GTX and it doesnt (No VGA Card on PCIEX16 slot). Previously I was using AMD R9 390 Nitro on this MB and everything worked just fine. After turning CSM off maximus post gpu error by beeping. I decided to build a test rig using MSI X58A, I7 990X, Corsair Vengance LP 4GB, Be Quiet Power Zone 1000W. After pluging my GTX into it everything started to work. Windows, drivers, Cinebench and Valley benchmarks passed without any problems. On my main machine I`ve tested AMD R9 390 Nitro, AMD R9 280X, GF 8600 witch success and GTX 295, GTX 1080 Ti unsuccess. Last thing I`ve done was clearing CMOS and flashing BIOS with 3 versions 3007, 3201 and 3401. No effect. I dont have more ideas.

My rig:
MB: Asus Maximus VIII Extreme
CPU: Intel I7 7700K
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB
PSU: Be Quiet Power Zone 1000W
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo

I will appreciate Your help in my case.

PS. Sorry for my bad english, I wasn`t practicing for many yers.
13 REPLIES 13

Trigger5521
Level 7
ctr16 wrote:
Hi all,
Recently i bought a new graphic card Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme from Gigabyte. After seating GPU in PCIEX16 slot it turns out that my monitor shows black screen. So i tried to reseat then change to other 3 PCIEX and nothing comes up. I checked using HDMI and DP cables. Then I`ve checked by multimeter my PSU. 12V, 5V, 3,3V ware ok. Next I`ve pluged HDMI into iGPU and tryed to find solution in UEFI BIOS. In UEFI bios I checked if it see my GTX and it doesnt (No VGA Card on PCIEX16 slot). Previously I was using AMD R9 390 Nitro on this MB and everything worked just fine. After turning CSM off maximus post gpu error by beeping. I decided to build a test rig using MSI X58A, I7 990X, Corsair Vengance LP 4GB, Be Quiet Power Zone 1000W. After pluging my GTX into it everything started to work. Windows, drivers, Cinebench and Valley benchmarks passed without any problems. On my main machine I`ve tested AMD R9 390 Nitro, AMD R9 280X, GF 8600 witch success and GTX 295, GTX 1080 Ti unsuccess. Last thing I`ve done was clearing CMOS and flashing BIOS with 3 versions 3007, 3201 and 3401. No effect. I dont have more ideas.

My rig:
MB: Asus Maximus VIII Extreme
CPU: Intel I7 7700K
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB
PSU: Be Quiet Power Zone 1000W
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo

I will appreciate Your help in my case.

PS. Sorry for my bad english, I wasn`t practicing for many yers.

I'm thinking driver issue, try DDU to completely clean all GPU drivers.

Trigger5521 wrote:
I'm thinking driver issue, try DDU to completely clean all GPU drivers.

This was my first step when I started to "play" with changing GPUs.

aceisme
Level 10
Try and disable the iGPU in the BIOS and see if it makes any difference. Note that if it doesn't work, you will need to clear CMOS to get the iGPU enabled again.

aceisme wrote:
Try and disable the iGPU in the BIOS and see if it makes any difference. Note that if it doesn't work, you will need to clear CMOS to get the iGPU enabled again.

I cleared CMOS several times, no effect. By default in BIOS is auto setting. When I change this to PEG, save settings and restart it come back to auto.

Menthol wrote:
I would guess it is a problem with the card seating fully into the pcie slot, I have had to very slightly bend the pcie plate on graphics cards slightly to get them to fully seat before because of poor case manufacturing or warping due to moving the case around or uneven surface of desk, you could try with the motherboard out of the case to verify

I`m using Cooler Master Cosmos II, its hi end case. But I thought about it and pull MB out of case and tryed outside. No luck. I even unscrewed,a plastick piece witch covers buildin sound card electronics. GTX wont came up.

Buellersdayoff wrote:
Try to disable fast boot in bios, caused similar issues for me.
The gigabyte cards sag quite a bit so try prop it up with something, poor contact with connector as menthol mentioned

I`ve also disabled Fast Boot but my monitor was still black.

Menthol
Level 14
I would guess it is a problem with the card seating fully into the pcie slot, I have had to very slightly bend the pcie plate on graphics cards slightly to get them to fully seat before because of poor case manufacturing or warping due to moving the case around or uneven surface of desk, you could try with the motherboard out of the case to verify

Buellersdayoff
Level 7
Try to disable fast boot in bios, caused similar issues for me.
The gigabyte cards sag quite a bit so try prop it up with something, poor contact with connector as menthol mentioned

DarkStone
Level 7
Hmmm, it really sounds like PSU. I have seen PSU's pass multimeter and still end up being bad. Have you tried another PSU? Since you are not getting a POST rules out anything OS related.

DarkStone wrote:
Hmmm, it really sounds like PSU. I have seen PSU's pass multimeter and still end up being bad. Have you tried another PSU? Since you are not getting a POST rules out anything OS related.

i dont have another PSU but the same PSU powers up this card on other motherboard.

Today I borrowed GTX 780 for test. In Maximus it works like a charm.