cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix b350-f Gaming

ginnus21
Level 7
I've built myself a ryzen 1800x, Strix b350f gaming, G Skill f4-3200c14 16 gtz.
Updated bios, so ram running at 3200mhz 14.14.14.34 no problem. I cannot get the motherboard to hold multiplyer of anything above 38.5.
Every time I set it to 40 or 41, it just boot to 38.5. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
63 REPLIES 63

ginnus21
Level 7
Also when I go to register the serial number it says its already been used! It's definitely not second hand or refurbished.

Did yo increase vcore and other voltages?

Also watch these 2 videos. Very enlightning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBmVf0S4UDs&t=911s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZgpHTaQ10k&t=216s

ginnus21 wrote:
Also when I go to register the serial number it says its already been used! It's definitely not second hand or refurbished.

Register what? Where, with who? And with what serial number?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Register what? Where, with who? And with what serial number?

Register the motherboard with asus. Asus replied and it's is registered under my email, when I was doing it it kept saying it was already registered.

Hello!
Have a ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING and Can not change the value of the voltage on the memory
Standard 1.2V and if I change to any value - it does not apply and does not change
last 0805 bios

datspike
Level 7
ginnus21 wrote:
I've built myself a ryzen 1800x, Strix b350f gaming, G Skill f4-3200c14 16 gtz.
Updated bios, so ram running at 3200mhz 14.14.14.34 no problem. I cannot get the motherboard to hold multiplyer of anything above 38.5.
Every time I set it to 40 or 41, it just boot to 38.5. Any ideas?

That's because this motherboard has a bug. It sets offset voltage control base to 1.375v ("By CPU" string in bios) if you have an X processor, when it is actually should be 1.2V or something like that.
You can try to set manual frequency equal to stock non boost value and check your voltage on the cpu with offset set to 0v. In my case it is 1.2V.
I think that mobo increases the base voltage sometime while POST'ing to 1.375v, but the offset is applied from the very beginning of the post.
As a result I cant post 3.8Ghz on 1.375-0.15v (while rock stable using Ai Suite in win10) because of sometime while POST'ing this 0.15v offset is appliend to 1.2v stock voltage.
ASUS please fix this. I've explained the bug more depply in this reddit post.

Can any of ASUS reps comment this bug?
Also, why does this board only has offset voltage regulation? Almost every lowcost b350 board from Giga, Msi and others have manual direct voltage regulation.
And this board is meant to be the highest tier of b350 asus boards it seems.

So the 805 AGESA 1.0.0.6a bios is out, there's more issues coming on the cpu side 😄
1) Cant disable Core Performance Boost under AMD CBS settings. It just enabled itself on each boot
2) The same issue with broken base voltage for offset regulation. Issue in depth on this reddit post.

On the memory side:
I was able to boot 3200Mhz Corsair 3200C16 Hynix ic memory more often. It is not stable, mobo cant post 3200Mhz memory on every boot.
I was testing 2 most "stable" (at percentage o successful POSTs) sets of settings:
1) DOCP off, 3200 frequency, 16-18-18-18-36-75 main timings, 1.1v SOC, 1.35v VMEM, 2T, Geardown disabled.
2) DOCP on, 3200 frequency, 16-18-18-18-36-75 main timings, 1.1v SOC, 1.35v VMEM, 2T, Geardown disabled.
DOCP off seems to be i bit more stable.

@Dataspike do you happen to have any good resources on memory overclocking ? And more specifically on bios settings of this board with explanations?

On the topic of 0805 yeah seems it is more stable indeed. Running Corsair LPX 3000@CL15. Managed 2 hours of Prime yesterday, but crashed right after i stopped it with IRQ less than zero or something error.