cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CH6 1700 Overclock Question

Seanjones80
Level 7
Hello one and all I'm just posting real quick (work in a mo) as a peeps whose just built a new system with

CH6
1700 non x
16GB ram
and i'm currently running 3.8ghz on all cores at 1.350 (think I can drop the voltage some more or push higher on clock speed but just starting testing)
but I'm wondering, while stress testing the mouse/screen locks up alot when the cpu is pegged at 100%. I've come from a 2500k and when stress testing that system of cause the system gets slow as hell but the mouse never become unresponsive and screen functioned normally. yet oddly it happens here (worst with Intel burn test) but doesn't crash and all hashes outputted are correct, is it a case of slightly more voltage or is this just a oddity of the new x370 platform? 🙂 any advice would be cracking.
2 REPLIES 2

entropic-remnan
Level 9
I have a 1700 non-X as well running about the same speed. My voltage SAYS it is about 1.352 or less using HWInfo, but measuring at the little text points by the power connector it's actually just over 1.4 volts. My BIOS lies, lol.

Highly recommend anyone buying a cheap multimeter who doesn't have one and verifying that voltage. I was scared by how high my voltage was when I THOUGHT I was running a max of 1.417 -- it was closer to 1.46 when measured with a meter! No fun. I've downclocked to 3800 again as that is where mine hits a "wall" where excessive voltage is needed just to get 50 mhz more and way too much to hit 3900.

Anyway, if you have installed aftermarket mouse or keyboard drivers some of those don't play nice with delays induced by high activity. My grandson has a "Steel Series" keyboard and mouse from ThermalTake and those drivers get weird on his Intel i7 based system even when running the little stress test in CPU-Z.

For whatever reason I'm not having that problem you mentioned or at least to the degree you are. I've actually watched YouTube videos during stress testing and they ran with occasional glitches here and there but they ran.

I don't think it's voltage related but maybe someone knows different (and can explain how that can be).
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

Cheers for the quick reply :). Yeah its an odd feeling indeed but wanted to narrow the cause down a little with this been my first AMD system since 3200+ XP 🙂 the mouse/keyboard are the same as the last system but yeah maybe the drivers are playing well, it just bugs me that it "seems" to hardlock for 1 or 2 seconds when stress testing but then everything's ok, almost like its unstable but corrects itself. maybes its a bug with windows and this fresh install, god knows there's always these odd things happening until you get everything tweaked :D.

I'd say the mouse delay is the most annoying part of it, stopping and starting then zooming off, its almost like the stress tests are being given a higher priority then some system tasks, which shouldn't be default. i'll presume its windows/or a hardware tweak and say the cpu is stable in my search to kill this odd bug.

Also yeah, defo will grab my multi meter if there's any chance it could be peaking that high on voltage, lower I don't mind but higher then I like... nope!