cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS fan control

red666
Level 7
Trying to keep the G752VS CPU fan from turning off.

Nothing I can see in the BIOS (v306, modified for enhanced access privileges) can do this and I've failed to find a software solution (NotebookFanControl, SpeedFan etc) that succeeds.

If anyone knows a way to control the fan I'd appreciate you sharing.
6 REPLIES 6

elfis
Level 7
NoteBookFanControl 1.5.3

Levyd0
Level 7
red666 wrote:
Trying to keep the G752VS CPU fan from turning off.

Nothing I can see in the BIOS (v306, modified for enhanced access privileges) can do this and I've failed to find a software solution (NotebookFanControl, SpeedFan etc) that succeeds.

If anyone knows a way to control the fan I'd appreciate you sharing.

Hi,

I recently reinstalled the Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework driver & Turbo Gear Updater from the asus support website and found that the fans are now constantly at max - much more stable & cooler temps.

Now my fan speeds (maxed at 3400 - 3600 RPM) shows in the gaming centre sub-menu.

Give that a try.

Dave

Open up your ROG Gaming Center and confirm you are in Standard Mode (see top yellow arrow). If not, click on it and change to Standard.

Once you have the ROG Gaming Center is Standard Mode, go down to Fan Boost (see bottom yellow arrow). Click on it to display the Fan Boost sub-menu.

Note the Auto view slider (see yellow arrow). Now look at the Max view slider (see yellow arrow). Click and hold on the slider and move to the left to decrease fan speed.

The fan speed will not change quickly, give the system a minute or two.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Open up your ROG Gaming Center and confirm you are in Standard Mode (see top yellow arrow). If not, click on it and change to Standard.

Once you have the ROG Gaming Center is Standard Mode, go down to Fan Boost (see bottom yellow arrow). Click on it to display the Fan Boost sub-menu.

Note the Auto view slider (see yellow arrow). Now look at the Max view slider (see yellow arrow). Click and hold on the slider and move to the left to decrease fan speed.

The fan speed will not change quickly, give the system a minute or two.

Good Luck

I think you've got a G752VSK?
The Fan Xpert / AI Suite software won't appear to work on my G752VS. Doesn't appear that the VS version allows for fan control.

Would be keen to know if i'm wrong and someone could send me a link to a version of the software that's confirmed to run on the G752VS.

I see in another post you have installed the latest version of ROG Gaming Center software and that the Fan Boost sub-menu does appear. What you also mention is that you are running other Mod software like MSI Afterburner. All other Mod software must be uninstalled while using the ROG Gaming Center software. There is a conflict with controlling CPU/GPU heat, voltage, and fan speed.

The latest ROG Gaming Center software should work on all versions of the ASUS G752VS laptops, yours included.

Can you post a copy of your ROG Gaming Center?
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
I see in another post you have installed the latest version of ROG Gaming Center software and that the Fan Boost sub-menu does appear. What you also mention is that you are running other Mod software like MSI Afterburner. All other Mod software must be uninstalled while using the ROG Gaming Center software. There is a conflict with controlling CPU/GPU heat, voltage, and fan speed.

The latest ROG Gaming Center software should work on all versions of the ASUS G752VS laptops, yours included.

Can you post a copy of your ROG Gaming Center?

I uninstalled the other apps. I installed the ASUS Thermal drivers from the website and that's set the fans to run constantly which is addressing my heat issue.

Being able to control the fan speeds is an optional nice to have at this point.

I've tried downloading ai suite, Fan Control, etc and none work (i get a setup message popup saying this software isn't supported on this model G752VS).

Other asus software (such as macro key, gamefirst, geforce experience) shows up correctly. Sorry i'm not sure how to attach screenshots in this forum?