cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI RYZEN 1700X Temp Problems

Aliminater
Level 7
My motherboard originally had bios version 0704 and my CPU temps stayed around 38C and when playing a game would go to about 42C. Now after updating to a newer bios my CPU temps are all over the place. When I do not touch my computer the temp will normally sit at 48C and when I open up an application my temps will jump almost to 60C. Even when I do nothing my temps will just randomly jump up and down. This is annoying as my fans ramp up and down. I have manually set up a fan curve to try and make it more bearable. I just got my motherboard back from being RMA from ASUS and it still does the same thing. The cooler I am using is the CORSAIR H105. ASUS has escalated my case and I am suppose to be talking to an engineer soon. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem or if there is a way to fix this? My current bios version is 1201 and I have redid my thermal compound multiple times and made sure the heat-sink is well seated and pump has flow. I have also reinstalled bios multiple times. When measuring temps with an outside source I get 36C steady at idle. Please someone help.
12 REPLIES 12

andyliu
Level 9
there is 20C offset added for 1700x and 1800x by AMD
use ryzen master to check the actual temp to make sure it's working properly first.
currently I set my max temp in the bios to 75 to work around the issue, and hopefully it will be addressed.

andyliu wrote:
use ryzen master to check the actual temp to make sure it's working properly first.
currently I set my max temp in the bios to 75 to work around the issue, and hopefully it will be addressed.

This is good advice from Andyliu.

You can also try setting Core Performance Boost to disabled in Bios Extreme Tweaker (I think you will find the cpu voltage also fluctuates wildly and it's quite high!).

Also, (and this is the cure) on the Corsair Link home page, click on the H105 fan and set it to the H105 temp group. This will link your cooler fan to the water temp. Your coolant temp should be maintained to less than 10 degrees above room temp. Lower is better. Set your H105 fan accordingly.

No more revving 🙂

Big_Gray wrote:
This is good advice from Andyliu.

You can also try setting Core Performance Boost to disabled in Bios Extreme Tweaker (I think you will find the cpu voltage also fluctuates wildly and it's quite high!).

Also, (and this is the cure) on the Corsair Link home page, click on the H105 fan and set it to the H105 temp group. This will link your cooler fan to the water temp. Your coolant temp should be maintained to less than 10 degrees above room temp. Lower is better. Set your H105 fan accordingly.

No more revving 🙂

Thanks Core Performance boost was causing my rapid temp spikes. Now my temperature steadily changes. Also on the Corsair link I can not link my H105 to it.

Aliminater wrote:
Thanks Core Performance boost was causing my rapid temp spikes. Now my temperature steadily changes. Also on the Corsair link I can not link my H105 to it.

Nice to hear you have had some success!

I am assuming you have the latest version of Corsair Link? You should be able to link your H105 fans to the cooler temp following the above. Corsair Link is about as consistent as some of the Asus CH6 software though, so I wouldn't be suprised if that facility is missing!

Big_Gray wrote:
Nice to hear you have had some success!

I am assuming you have the latest version of Corsair Link? You should be able to link your H105 fans to the cooler temp following the above. Corsair Link is about as consistent as some of the Asus CH6 software though, so I wouldn't be suprised if that facility is missing!

I found out overclocking the RAM to go over 2666 will make my temp on my CPU jump as well. So not going past 2666 as of right now. Also I do have the newest version of Corsair link. I can see the fans but there is no water temp and H105 is not detected.

andyliu wrote:

Thanks Ryzen Master shows there is an offset. It shows my temps around 26 to 27C at idle.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I can report that not only the crosshair. also the b350-pro. since all the monitor apps read bios, those are also reading that bios said. We did install the chipset driver. Amd Master read also very low temps. we are on the process to get a laser temp reader. and check. if that is ok the Bios info is working. BUT is annoying since most, like use Bios to regulate fans speeds.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

How do we link the fans to the cooler temp in corsair? Can you explain it to me step by step please. I have a H110i cooler. Thank you.

oxidation868 wrote:
How do we link the fans to the cooler temp in corsair? Can you explain it to me step by step please. I have a H110i cooler. Thank you.

Clicking on the Hydro H*** fan should bring up the cofiguration box shown in the image. Just make sure the H*** temp is selected as the Group entry and your cooler fans wiil be linked to the cooler temp.