cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[question] upgrade 32 gb ram asus rog g751jy notebook!

QuinnFX
Level 7
Hello! I saw that my notebook supported an upgrade to 32gb ram.
I did some research, and some sites says not but the most do.

I did a test and I saw that I currently have 4 ram slots.
1 2 3 4
8gb 8gb empty empty

Lets say I would buy these: Crucial 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 SODIMM
(http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/g751jy/CT7783231)

Am I able to put those in, or do I need to buy 2x 16GB?

I also read somewhere that 2 slots are not avaible on my notebook, on this forum.
If thats true, why? Why would asus add 4 slots without letting us have acces to 2?

Thanks!
Regards, motion designer and graphic designer QuinnFX.
3 REPLIES 3

QuinnFX
Level 7
Also, if it would be able to just add more sticks under the backplate, that would be way easyer then fully unboxing it because im kinda too scares to lose some parts or brake things!

Thanks!

Clintlgm
Level 14
Well take a look in there the access panel comes right off you should see 2 empty ram slots. As far as brands and models of RAM you'll need to use something like Hwinfo64 to read the current RAM that you have and Match them up as much as possible minimum would be the same Voltage and Timings
Yes you can put in 2 8GB chips that would give you 32GB with 16 you already have.
Notebooks have everything crammed into a small space so the 4 slots are back to back to save room, you have two available to upgrade with.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Ive looked into it. ive cleaned up my whole pc and took 2x 4gb ram of old pcs, I have currently 24gb of ram.
I cleaned up hardware, fans, etc but also software. I finaly understand how my pc works! Thank you anyways.
I would be glad to be able to help other people in the future!