cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG GL702VS Battery plugged in not charging

cro68
Level 7
I am new to the gaming laptop scene and i was wondering if this is normal my battery usually when i boot up after it has been in sleep mode or shut down shows 99% not charging and when i play games on high performance sometimes the battery will show somewhere in the high 90's plugged in not charging, i then have to unplug the charger and let the battery go below 90 for it to start charging again. Something else i have noticed is that the battery life while gaming on high performance is under 1 hour and 30 minutes from a full charge with low screen brightness is this normal or do i have a faulty battery/charger.
5 REPLIES 5

davemon50
Level 11
For your first question, that is normal. See THIS POST for more information.

For your second question, go into your W10 power options (advanced settings) and check the Display section which allows you to alter screen brightness under various conditions. 😉 You may have to create your own power profile to change things, or else select performance mode.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
For your first question, that is normal. See THIS POST for more information.

For your second question, go into your W10 power options (advanced settings) and check the Display section which allows you to alter screen brightness under various conditions. 😉 You may have to create your own power profile to change things, or else select performance mode.

Thank you!

I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling the battery driver and that seems to have worked but i havent tested it while gaming yet! Hopefully this fixes my issue and i dont have to return the laptop.

Edit: nevermind it has been like 5 mins and it did it again I think it might be to "prolong" the life of the battery like one other user suggested it slowly trickles the power after fully charging the laptop but i still find it odd, I mean it charges to full then slowly drops below 100% over the course of the night it seems

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
cro68 wrote:

Edit: nevermind it has been like 5 mins and it did it again I think it might be to "prolong" the life of the battery like one other user suggested it slowly trickles the power after fully charging the laptop but i still find it odd, I mean it charges to full then slowly drops below 100% over the course of the night it seems

fyi.

If anyone is interested about the plugged in, not charging issue, there is an ASUS website FAQ about it. Thanks.

Why doesn’t the battery charge when power level is above 95% with AC adapter connected?
https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1012793/

davemon50
Level 11
Make sure adaptive brightness is turned off on the display tab in the advance power options menu.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Make sure adaptive brightness is turned off on the display tab in the advance power options menu.

I have that turned off, the battery life is still iffy sitting around 1.5 hours