cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about my Asus Rog Swift pg279Q (Backligh Bleed)

Maverick24
Level 7
I have seen around the net about this monitor having backlight bleed issues. My question is I just bought this monitor two days ago. I have look to see if I have the backlight bleed issue and I seen up in the top and lower right hand corners there is backlight bleed. its not that bad, but i would hate to wait and then miss out on returning it back to the store.

Should I take it back to the store or is this an issue that is know for this monitor.. I don't want to have to take the monitor back if they all have the issue and there is nothing that can be done about it.
7 REPLIES 7

zaderoni
Level 7
Bro even if you RMA it it will be worse. I'm on my 4rth RMA and it came with stuck pixels that cant be fixed.

Maverick24
Level 7
Thanks for the reply, Its not that bad.. I only have two spots in the top right corner and two small spots in the lower left. I think I might just deal with it... Yet... on another note.. Buying this monitor didn't fix my battlefield fps drops... Not sure why. But man..

I have a
1070 Rog Strix
I7 4770k over clocked to 4.0
16Gs of DDR3 2400Mhz
M.2
and now this Asus Rog Swift pg279q G-sync
Still get low FPS even with settings turned down to high and medium

Maverick24 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Its not that bad.. I only have two spots in the top right corner and two small spots in the lower left. I think I might just deal with it... Yet... on another note.. Buying this monitor didn't fix my battlefield fps drops... Not sure why. But man..

I have a
1070 Rog Strix
I7 4770k over clocked to 4.0
16Gs of DDR3 2400Mhz
M.2
and now this Asus Rog Swift pg279q G-sync
Still get low FPS even with settings turned down to high and medium

BF1 is a very graphic and CPU intensive game, we had it setup in our Studio with GTX 1070 and from what I remembered it wasn't doing that well on medium settings. You should try to find out from other people with similar system specs to see what their FPS range, if you're a lot lower than the average then for sure there are likely hardware related issues causing that.

Maverick24
Level 7
Thanks Bahz,

I been looking around the net.. I did have a buddy that had the same CPU and I believe he has a 1080 and his FPS was dropping also. We were both in the same game and I asked him to tell me his fps and it was with in 2-5 FPS of mine. I am betting its the game. Just seems no matter what setting you put it on. You can't get the game to max out the FPS.

Maverick24 wrote:
Thanks Bahz,

I been looking around the net.. I did have a buddy that had the same CPU and I believe he has a 1080 and his FPS was dropping also. We were both in the same game and I asked him to tell me his fps and it was with in 2-5 FPS of mine. I am betting its the game. Just seems no matter what setting you put it on. You can't get the game to max out the FPS.

Yeah, I think that is the case, good game but poorly programmed where even high-end hardware can't seem to get very consistent performance.

Maverick24
Level 7
Yet another fail from EA... Just like BattleField 4. Maybe once the new game comes out they will fix Battlefield 1..

Janne-71
Level 7
Battlefield 1 is actually quite well optimized for pc, i get around 100fps with 2560x1440 resolution....980ti and 6600k.