Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

New firmware feedback 6-10

Can't update from within the router web page. Must download from site then upload it for it to actually take effect.*

Seems a factory reset is necessary for normal speeds to be obtained after update.

Qos doesn't work. Turning it on causes a large variety *of web pages to no longer load. Turning off instantly fixes this.*

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Hi jsarver,
    Firmware and QoS appear to be working as expected on our side.
    For the firmware, it's good you have updated it anyway. We'll look into this further. If it happens again please let us know.
    For QoS, it would be difficult for us to replicate your configuration accurately. It may be faster for you to first send us your saved config file, so we can check the priorities set.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Admin-QoS.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	65309

Then try some process by elimination. Try disconnecting all connected devices and test each by adding one device at a time, perhaps you can find the device that is causing the issue.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

I can assure you it is not working and this firmware is not very good after further testing. Also it would be helpful if you guys took a look at this thread. Lot s of smart people here discussing this router and it's good and bad features. Many people with identical issues and some with more advanced problems. Thanks!

*https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ro....38794/page-19

Banned Array

I concur firmware needs major attention!

Having major issues below is a copy of my post at SNB:

Hi,
    Long time lurker first time poster.
    Just got one of these routers and thought I would post my opinion and some of the issues that I have.
    While the GUI is the most comprehensive I have seen in a long time ( been on tomato for 5+ years) it still needs a lot of work to improve it, particularly performance wise. It nearly always auto reboots the router when you change even the most minor of settings i.e. changing DHCP to manual assignment and also when adding the IP's manually.
    When a reboot occurs the GUI becomes horrendously slow even though there is almost no load (3% on CPU1 and 1% on CPU4,while CPU 2 and 3 are 0%) on the CPU. Only 33% of the memory is being used during this issue.
    It then takes upwards of 5 mins after completing reboot to establish a PPPOE connection with the fiber ONT.
    My old Rt-N66U leaves this router dead in the water when it comes to GUI performance, which leaves me feeling underwhelmed by its performance for a premium router.
    I am also running the router with basic settings with QOS, IPS, network protection etc. disabled but still experience these performance issues.
    and of course no wall mounting holes - how dumb is that for people who have space issues or in my case a home networking cabinet.
    In my opinion this router seems rushed to market and could do with a complete firmware overhaul as performance is substandard, or better still thay should give it to Merlin to sort it out!

Regards
    Mark

ROG Guru: White Belt Array qUAanA PC Specs
    qUAanA PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus z270 Maximus IX Code
    Processori7 7700k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Tridentz 32gb c14 ddr4 3200
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia Titan XP
    Sound CardAsus Essence Strx II
    MonitorAsus ROG gSync 27"
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #21TB evo 850 SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair gtx 110i
    CaseCoolermaster Mastercase Maker 5t
    Power SupplyCorsair ax1500i
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse RAT ProX
    Headset AKG Acoustics K701 Headphones
    Mouse Pad Glorious PC Gaming Race
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 pro
    Network RouterAsus AC5300
    Accessory #1 Ergohuman Chair ME7ERG
    Accessory #2 Blue Snowball Microphone

This Rapture is garbage. I received it yesterday. It wont even update the firmware.
    Tried everything, factory default, pin hole reset, I'm done

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Ive updated and confirm the update must be done by downloading the file then selecting upload which the latest is hidden under Win10 32bit and not shown in the 64bit tab. No weird factory resets or any of that mumbo jumbo. All config settings were retained and adaptive Qos works just fine. Tried IE, Chrome, FF, Opera etc. All browsers loading normally and fast. Internet speeds as expected with GB FIOs. Harder to find a speed server to support the speed. The following results are with a desktop connected wirelessly with an ASUS PCE-AC88 to AC5300 with Verizon FIOS GB connection. The router is not connected directly to the ONT as the ONT is mac filtered and I have the TV service which is still coaxial so must have their router in line to get my TV service, DVR and channel guide. Not an issue though, Simple to set up a DMZ on the Verizon gateway.

Two runs, tried a few different servers but the speedtest server gave the best results. Comcast speed test server wont break 300Mbps

ROG Guru: White Belt Array qUAanA PC Specs
    qUAanA PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus z270 Maximus IX Code
    Processori7 7700k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Tridentz 32gb c14 ddr4 3200
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia Titan XP
    Sound CardAsus Essence Strx II
    MonitorAsus ROG gSync 27"
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #21TB evo 850 SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair gtx 110i
    CaseCoolermaster Mastercase Maker 5t
    Power SupplyCorsair ax1500i
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse RAT ProX
    Headset AKG Acoustics K701 Headphones
    Mouse Pad Glorious PC Gaming Race
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 pro
    Network RouterAsus AC5300
    Accessory #1 Ergohuman Chair ME7ERG
    Accessory #2 Blue Snowball Microphone

Quote Originally Posted by qUAanA View Post
    This Rapture is garbage. I received it yesterday. It wont even update the firmware.
    Tried everything, factory default, pin hole reset, I'm done
    So I managed to restore the bios using the Asus Utility and followed instructions.
    Finally got it to update the firmware
    Seemed to work, but
    Speeds were cut to half
    Returned back
    will wait for a different model instead, not paying so much money for a router that needs tweaking.

Banned Array

Also noticed what could possibly be related to the GUI slowdown when applying settings. When the slow down occurred I ran a speed test and found that my download speed had dropped from 103 Mbps to about 3Mbps!. This had me confused as it was as if my PC connection was throttled. After a lot of mucking about I disabled the PC Ethernet in the network connections (Win 10) and then almost immediately re-enabled it and I was back to full speed and the GUI was once again very responsive - very strange!

Regards
    Mark

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Thanks for your feedback guys. Our engineers have identified the root cause for the automatic firmware update issue, and is confident you won't have QoS issues with the next update. I'll keep you posted!

Banned Array

What about the sporadic reboots, any news there?

Regards
    Mark

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast