Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSW View Post
    What about the sporadic reboots, any news there?

Regards
    Mark
    Hi Mark,

i haven't experienced any Sporadic reboots so far. Sorry for the hassle.
    Please help by answering a few questions:
    1. How many devices do you have connected? And do you experience sporadic reboots if only one PC is connected?
    2. Did you first reset to factory defaults after the firmware update?
    3. Do you think there might be a function that is causing your router to reset when enabled?
    4. Did you ever have this issue with previous routers?
    5. Does the router have adequate ventilation/cooling? Is it inside a cabinet?

If your system resets unexpectedly again, can you please show us the system log?

Thanks Mark!

Banned Array

Hi,

It has only sporadically rebooted 3 times to my knowledge, however the last reboot affected the entire family who were quick to bring it to my attention. This reboot occurred just after I enable all the settings under Game IPS.

1.-Any where from 5 to 15 devices - never tested with just one device connected, although the other devices that were connected were dormant at the time.
    2.-Always do a factory reset.
    3.-Refer above to statement re Game IPS.
    4.-No problem with old faithful RT-N66U.
    5.-Router is wall mounted with bracket under the stairs which is probably to coolest place in the house plus it is the beginning of winter where I live so I don't think heat is a problem although it would be good if the engineers could put CPU temperature monitoring in the Network Map / Status screen like they did with previous models.

Regards
    Mark

Thanks for narrowing it down, we will look into the stability of Game IPS and temp monitoring.
    If possible, please check the stability of the router when only client is connected, in case something in your network is causing the issue.

Cheers Mark!

Quote Originally Posted by qUAanA View Post
    So I managed to restore the bios using the Asus Utility and followed instructions.
    Finally got it to update the firmware
    Seemed to work, but
    Speeds were cut to half
    Returned back
    will wait for a different model instead, not paying so much money for a router that needs tweaking.
    Hi qUAanA,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Many aspects of a router can sometimes be very technical, even for computer-savvy people. With the Rapture, we placed great emphasis on not only power but also ease of use for something this complex. Soon, we will get it right, I hope you will bear with us long enough to enjoy the router like we intended.

As I'm sure you are aware, with networks many factors come into play. Let's play with whatever factors you have shall we?
    Is it running okay now? Did you play around with it some more?
    Some people seem to have an issue with QoS, did you happen to tinker with the router and enabled it?

Banned Array

Hi,

Just had a sporadic reboot and have sent feedback with files attached. From what I can see in the log it appears to be a kernel paging error - if this is so this would eliminate the issue of it being caused by a connected device.

Jun 24 10:15:21 kernel: Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 206f7420746e69ab
    Jun 24 10:15:21 kernel: pgd = ffffffc032223000
    Jun 24 10:15:21 kernel: [206f7420746e69ab] *pgd=0000000000000000, *pud=0000000000000000
    Jun 24 10:15:21 kernel: Internal error: Oops: 96000004 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
    Jun 24 10:15:21 kernel: Modules linked in: tdts_udbfw(O) init_addr( (null) - (null)), core_addr(ffffffbffcb41000 - ffffffbffcb46120)

Regards
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSW View Post
    Hi,

Just had a sporadic reboot and have sent feedback with files attached. From what I can see in the log it appears to be a kernel paging error - if this is so this would eliminate the issue of it being caused by a connected device.

Jun 24 10:15:21 kernel: Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 206f7420746e69ab
    Jun 24 10:15:21 kernel: pgd = ffffffc032223000
    Jun 24 10:15:21 kernel: [206f7420746e69ab] *pgd=0000000000000000, *pud=0000000000000000
    Jun 24 10:15:21 kernel: Internal error: Oops: 96000004 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
    Jun 24 10:15:21 kernel: Modules linked in: tdts_udbfw(O) init_addr( (null) - (null)), core_addr(ffffffbffcb41000 - ffffffbffcb46120)

Regards
    Mark
    Thanks for that Mark, we will look into this.

Banned Array

While the GUI looks great there are a lot of practical items missing from it, such as the fact is that there is no per IP bandwidth monitoring, so I can see the data usage on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. I could take a $150 router, flash it with Tomato and make it do much more than this GT5300 can do. Hopefully they will add some of these functions to the GUI and iron out the numerous bugs. I have been using the feedback tab on the router regularly and hopefully they will pay attention to the issues raised!

Regards
    Mark

Banned Array

Also need an option to disable automatic firmware updates for the people who have issues and need to rollback to a previous version.
    When is the next firmware update due?

Regards
    Mark

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Not only would I like to know this but I would appreciate it if new updates were posted in the forums for easy access instead of refreshing the router software page daily. It very helpful in the motherboard section when people post about the newest bios updates.*

Quote Originally Posted by jsarver View Post
    Not only would I like to know this but I would appreciate it if new updates were posted in the forums for easy access instead of refreshing the router software page daily. It very helpful in the motherboard section when people post about the newest bios updates.*
    That won't be difficult. I'll keep you guys updated when the new update is up.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast